Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

anyone know if its worth returning something at Buy.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

anyone know if its worth returning something at Buy.com?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-00, 04:23 PM
Spengler

I recently preordered Cowboy Bebop Vol.4 from Buy.com & when the release date came & I checked that status that it still says shipped to warehouse I decided to cancel my order & get it from express.com. Now today I checked the status at buy.com to make sure it says cancelled & it says it has already shipped. I have never returned anything at an online store & since buy.com screwed up my cancellation does anybondy know if I will have a problem returing it, i.e., will it take them forever to give me my money back. Thanks.

MY EVER GROWING ADDICTION
Old 08-03-00, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just returned an item a week ago to buy.com. The orders page still says "shipped". I guess I'll find soon when my statement comes if they've credited my CC yet or not.
Old 08-03-00, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
As long as your package is still unopened, if it was shipped by UPS, call them and calim that you're refusing the package. UPS will show up in a day or two to pick up the package, and you can still track its progress with the same tracking number. If it was shipped by USPS, take it to the local post office and ask them to return package to sender. This will save you the shipping cost of sending it back.

Once BUY.COM receives an unopened package, they'll automatically process it as a return and credit your account the amount you were billed. It might take up to a week after they receive the package to have the credit reflected on your CC. You can always call and ask a CSR to check on the status of your return credit.

PAL
Old 08-04-00, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
> Once BUY.COM receives an unopened package, they'll automatically process it as a return and credit your account the amount you were billed. It might take up to a week after they receive the package to have the credit reflected on your CC. You can always call and ask a CSR to check on the status of your return credit. <

Wrong.

I did the exact same thing, after three weeks without a credit, I called Buy.com. The CSR told me they had yet to receive the package. I told them to look up the UPS tracking number. The package in fact had been refused and delivered back to Buy.com - three weeks before!

If you get a credit like you're supposed to, automatically, then count your blessings. Their return process and RMA process is a joke.

I'd be wiling to bet you'll wind up having to call a CSR for credit.

Of course it's worth it to return it if you don't want it - just be prepared to be inflammed by their awful customer service.