Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 05-28-17, 01:04 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I've done it a few times, having stuff shipped to a locker location at a grocery store when I knew I wasn't going to be home. Pretty simple and straightforward.

I wonder if it's because a lot of the locations the lockers are at don't have regular deliveries?
Is delivery to Amazon lockers always done by Amazon themselves? I've seen worse delivery when things are shipped by AMZL than by USPS. A lot of the time, things are delivered next day, which is great, but I've had a couple of cases recently where at the last step before delivery, the packages got re-routed to another state, and I have to wait 1-2 days extra for re-re-routing.

Maybe it's a problem unique to my area as AMZL is expanding. It used to be that they handled 20% of the packages, and now it's like 70%.
Old 05-31-17, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Maybe it's a problem unique to my area as AMZL is expanding.

That's probably what it is.

I get stuff delivered by AMZl all the time and it's always on time, but we have a giant warehouse over in San Bernardino, which handles all of L.A.
Old 05-31-17, 07:12 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
That's probably what it is.

I get stuff delivered by AMZl all the time and it's always on time, but we have a giant warehouse over in San Bernardino, which handles all of L.A.
They seem to have a "last mile" problem in my area. The package will be at or near the last step before delivery, and somehow get shipped out to some out-of-state place before they re-route it again. It feels that my package got trapped in a big container going to some other destination, and it happened enough times that I wonder if their automation system is set-up poorly.
Old 05-31-17, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 981 Likes on 608 Posts

^I often get this situation: The tracking will show that it is out for delivery and will be arriving at my house by 8 pm. But it won't arrive and the next day the tracking will change to say it has been delayed and will arrive in the next few days.
Old 05-31-17, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

Yea. Phoenix has a few gigantic Amazon warehouses. So we get awesome service. Amazon's delivery vans have been delivering lately. The guy told me they're dumping the 3rd party guys and doing most of it with their own people now.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight. Picked out some shirts. Went through self-checkout. The machine kept telling me I placed an item in the bagging area. The lady watching the lanes talked to me like I was an asshole. I kept my cool. I made it through scanning my ten-or-so items. Went to pay, and it gave the same error again. I looked over the the lady was gone. I thought to myself, "fuck this" and just left (without the goods, and without paying). I've been using self checkout for fifteen years and never walked away like that before. What a waste of time.

Amazon has me so spoiled.
Old 06-01-17, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I guess you didn't...

...rage against the machine.

Spoiler:
Old 06-01-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I would never ACTUALLY do it. But I was really close to tackling the bitch who was talking to me like I was a child using their faulty machine for the first time.

Sometimes I like to just go and shop and put my hands on the items I'm buying. Clothing more than anything, because of sizing. But that was *possibly* the last time I'll ever shop at Wal-Mart for something I can buy on Amazon.

I came home, went on Amazon, bought my damn Dickies shirts, and they'll probably be here tomorrow . Saturday guaranteed. But since I'm ten miles from Amazon, and it's a common stock item, they could be here as early as this evening.

I bought exactly what I wanted. Saved a couple dollars. And didn't have to spend time driving to the store and looking around.
Old 06-08-17, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, this sucks

Amazon Unlimited Cloud Storage ELIMINATED. $59 annual fee will now be only 1TB of storage

"If you currently have a paid Unlimited Storage subscription, you can continue to use your current subscription until the plan expires. At the end of your current plan, you will automatically be entered into a 1 TB plan if you have 1TB or less of content, unless you've disabled auto-renew on your current subscription.
If you have more than 1 TB of content stored, or if you've disabled auto-renew, you will not be automatically renewed. You will have the opportunity to select a new plan that covers your content needs by visiting Manage Storage.
You can choose to convert to one of the new storage plans before your current plan ends and receive a pro-rated refund on the balance of your Unlimited Storage plan. If you are in an Unlimited Storage free trial and have less than 1TB of content, your trial will convert to a 1 TB paid plan. The payment method you selected when you enrolled in the trial (or, that payment method is not available, another card we have on file for you) will be charged the applicable annual fee, unless you set it to Do Not Renew in Manage Storage,which you can do at any time."
Old 06-19-17, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will we ever get an answer as to why they would remove the simple option of sorting wishlists by price!?!? This is pissing me off.
Old 06-27-17, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Amazon gets crapped on a lot here, but they were great to me today.

My new Lawnmower Man 2-disc BD set arrived today damaged (mainly the case and artwork) Case looked like someone sat on it and part of the artwork was torn.

I was going to send it back for an exchange, but then changed my mind and decided I wanted an Amazon GC refund instead.

The guy I chatted with was really cool. He said don't worry about sending it back if it's damaged. Just keep it and he issued me a refund. That was really good service.

Well, I'm stuck with a shitty looking BD set, but the discs work, so I guess that's a plus.
Old 06-29-17, 06:29 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Amazon gets crapped on a lot here, but they were great to me today.

My new Lawnmower Man 2-disc BD set arrived today damaged (mainly the case and artwork) Case looked like someone sat on it and part of the artwork was torn.

I was going to send it back for an exchange, but then changed my mind and decided I wanted an Amazon GC refund instead.

The guy I chatted with was really cool. He said don't worry about sending it back if it's damaged. Just keep it and he issued me a refund. That was really good service.

Well, I'm stuck with a shitty looking BD set, but the discs work, so I guess that's a plus.
This is actually quite typical of my experience with Amazon CS over the phone, they usually go quite above and beyond the call, at least if you're a Prime member.
Old 06-29-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Even when I wasn't a prime member, Amazon customer service was always top notch. In the rare instances that I had problems with orders, they were always quick to resolve the issues and oftentimes that meant issuing a full or partial refund.
Old 07-02-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup'. It's Amazon's policy to just eat the cost whenever something bad happens. Or if the customer simply has buyer's remorse. Only time that'll change is if they start losing money.
Old 07-03-17, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Makes one wonder why, then, do some of the very vocal minority here always seem to have such "problems" with Amazon.
Old 07-03-17, 03:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjcool
Makes one wonder why, then, do some of the very vocal minority here always seem to have such "problems" with Amazon.
Well, it's been like 2 months and I still can't sort my goddamn wishlist by price.
Old 07-03-17, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Viper187
Well, it's been like 2 months and I still can't sort my goddamn wishlist by price.
I have no problem sorting my wishlist by price. Has anyone else reported the same problem?
Old 07-03-17, 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjcool
I have no problem sorting my wishlist by price. Has anyone else reported the same problem?
A few people in this post had the issue, if I remember right.I had the URLs bookmarked and they don't even work. If it works for you, sort by price and copy us the URL.

Last edited by Viper187; 07-03-17 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-03-17, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only sort options I have now are "Default" (which lists the most recently added items on top) and "Priority - High to Low". No ability to sort by price or anything else.
Old 07-04-17, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine disappeared on me too. Although I never sorted by price, just my own priority, so it didn't really affect me.
Old 07-11-17, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

This looks like a good place to post this. The Prime Day sale is a whole lot of hype over a bunch of moderately discounted junk. I'm sure there are some good deals to be found, but I didn't see a thing that interested me in the 10 minutes I spent browsing their site today.

That is all.
Old 07-11-17, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I bought a number of things today unlike previous Prime Days so YMMV.
Old 07-11-17, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by funkyryno
This looks like a good place to post this. The Prime Day sale is a whole lot of hype over a bunch of moderately discounted junk. I'm sure there are some good deals to be found, but I didn't see a thing that interested me in the 10 minutes I spent browsing their site today.

That is all.
Yep, same as last year's Prime Day.
Old 07-11-17, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

The 55 inch Element Amazon TV was the only good deal for $399 if you're a non-videophile.
Old 07-15-17, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Two of my regularly-purchased items were 30% off. Seems like that'd put them under cost for Amazon. I was happy to save $30-or-so and order.
Old 07-25-17, 01:35 PM
Banned

Am I the only one bitching to Amazon about the missing wishlist filters on the website? I got a response from someone over a week ago claiming they're working on it, but still nothing. How fucking long can it take to fix the filters? ugh.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us! This is Niharika with the Amazon.com Customer Service team, and I'm happy to help.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience with the missing options to filter & sort your Lists on Amazon website!We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix to take care of it as quickly as possible.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.