Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-13, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by RonG617
Amazon has an A-Z guarentee so if you don't hear from the merchant, contact Amazon and they will give you a refund right away. PayPal is another story. Have had horrible experiences with them. Now if I have to use Paypal I have it linked to my credit card and dispute things through my personal card.
Thanks. That's reassuring. I'm less concerned about the Paypal order than the Amazon order because the latter is less money and the former is more likely to be resolved without intervention, I think.
Old 11-09-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boc4ever
From November onward, it seems like everything goes into the "shipping soon" stage pretty quickly. I'm assuming now that it is to reduce the likelihood you will change your mind and cancel the order. Just a thought.
It sure doesn't if you're not using Prime. I placed an order last Saturday (with free Super Saver Shipping) and it was stuck in "Not Yet Shipped" until this morning. I called to complain yesterday and they bumped it up to one-day shipping at no charge, so it'll get here Monday. Can't complain overall, but I really was just wondering why an "in stock" item could take so long to get moving.
Old 11-09-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Thanks. That's reassuring. I'm less concerned about the Paypal order than the Amazon order because the latter is less money and the former is more likely to be resolved without intervention, I think.
Amazon almost always sides with the buyer and will directly refund you themselves if the seller skips town or something. This is true for the first few claims each person makes, guaranteed.
Old 11-09-13, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Amazon almost always sides with the buyer and will directly refund you themselves if the seller skips town or something. This is true for the first few claims each person makes, guaranteed.
Good news. I have never run into trouble and had to make a claim.
Old 11-11-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I made two seperate orders with Amazon last week so that I could send one order as a gift and of course,they combined the orders(got free shipping on both). UPS supposedly made an attempt on Saturday(I was home all day Saturday). Don't know why they aren't attempting delivery today but called their 800 # as it said it was scheduled for a Tuesday delivery.

If they had sent the orders separately ,it would have probably been sent USPS,so there wouldn't be no problems.

Edit: Called Amazon. I guess that UPS attempted delivery to the local post office but nobody was home and it will be USPS job to deliver the package( whenever they receive it).

A lot of confusion over the delivery of one package.

Update to the edit:Just got 2 emails saying UPS tried to deliver a package to my house(that's not what Amazon said).

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 11-11-13 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-11-13, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Doesn't quite fit the theme of this thread, but oh well:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...#axzz2kNIkiGEu

The postal service will deliver Amazon packages on Sundays in the L.A. and New York metropolitan areas at no extra charge starting this week. The service will expand to other cities next year.
Cool!
Old 11-11-13, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I am thinking I owe Amazon a big thank you for raising shipping prices. I was close to placing 4 orders within the last week and was deterred by the shipping. If this is their way of becoming more profitable, it is certainly backfiring in my case. For someone placing a big order, it is not a big deal, but for myself, I struggled to meet the $25 but always added extra items. Now, I talk myself out of it and just give up on the orders. I will be doing more price matching and using my red card for free shipping from Target.
Old 11-11-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Great, now we have to watch out for packages coming in on SUNDAYS??

Yes, it's cool for those places that have or will get it. Wonder if Netflix would do this for discs. Probably not.
Old 11-11-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Amazon is wanting to get into food delivery and Sunday deliveries would help with that. Not sure how they will fit a jar of pickles in one of those bubble mailers, however.
Old 11-11-13, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Well, I am thinking I owe Amazon a big thank you for raising shipping prices. I was close to placing 4 orders within the last week and was deterred by the shipping. If this is their way of becoming more profitable, it is certainly backfiring in my case. For someone placing a big order, it is not a big deal, but for myself, I struggled to meet the $25 but always added extra items. Now, I talk myself out of it and just give up on the orders. I will be doing more price matching and using my red card for free shipping from Target.
I shop a lot at amazon but for small items. The shipping increase now has me shopping more on ebay where I can find the little items for cheaper with free shipping.
Old 11-12-13, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

If the Postal Service is successful with Sunday delivery it will only be a matter of time before FedEx and UPS get into it. I had been wondering for a few years why some company hadn't been more aggressive with weekend deliveries, considering more people are home to actually accept them.
Old 11-12-13, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
If the Postal Service is successful with Sunday delivery it will only be a matter of time before FedEx and UPS get into it. I had been wondering for a few years why some company hadn't been more aggressive with weekend deliveries, considering more people are home to actually accept them.
Exactly! People work all week, then they get screwed on the weekend cause nothing is open (or opens late) and there's no mail. It's almost 2014 now. I'm tired of this "nobody needs to do anything on Sunday" bullshit church mentality.
Old 11-13-13, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Viper187
Exactly! People work all week, then they get screwed on the weekend cause nothing is open (or opens late) and there's no mail. It's almost 2014 now. I'm tired of this "nobody needs to do anything on Sunday" bullshit church mentality.
umm, it's not necessarily about 'church'.
It's a day of rest and reflection or to maybe spend time with family or just relax from a week of work.

BTW, if you don't want to go to "church" then you don't have to....
Old 11-13-13, 06:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hifiHigh
umm, it's not necessarily about 'church'.
It's a day of rest and reflection or to maybe spend time with family or just relax from a week of work.

BTW, if you don't want to go to "church" then you don't have to....
Why Sunday then? Because the fucking bible thumpers started it. Plain and simple.
Old 11-13-13, 08:25 AM

Why Sunday then? Because the fucking bible thumpers started it. Plain and simple.
That's right. Blue Laws
Old 11-13-13, 05:57 PM

Like I said, don't go to church if you don't want to.

Beyond that, cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it....
Old 11-13-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Yes, it's cool for those places that have or will get it. Wonder if Netflix would do this for discs. Probably not.
I doubt it. It sounds like Amazon is paying the post office for this, and as we've said in other threads, it's to Amazon's advantage to get their stuff to people sooner, but it's to Netflix's advantage to get it to them slower. I can't see them paying extra just so people will turn around their discs faster.
Old 11-13-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The post office don't got any money to deliver on Sundays but Amazon worked out a deal to feed them lots of money to spice up amazon prime. Remember when the post office wanted to stop delivery on saturday? That was to save on costs. But the government overruled their decision.

Amazon is helping the post office.

I seriously doubt UPS and FedEx will do the same. They don't have the money to pay their employees.
Old 11-13-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I find it interesting how the USPS was talking about dropping Saturday service because of its financial situation, and it never happened, and now Sunday delivery is coming. Maybe Amazon's making it worth their while.
Old 11-13-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vipper II
I find it interesting how the USPS was talking about dropping Saturday service because of its financial situation, and it never happened, and now Sunday delivery is coming. Maybe Amazon's making it worth their while.
Congress intervened.
Old 11-13-13, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem with paypal is they only give you 45 days to log a complaint. I'm used to giving people 6 to 8 weeks to ship me something and then i'll contact them first. That's too short of a time period to know if there's a real issue with an order.
Old 11-13-13, 07:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by antspawn
I seriously doubt UPS and FedEx will do the same. They don't have the money to pay their employees.
What are they, a non-profit organization now? They can only afford 6 days a week? How is one day any different than another? Somebody needs to drag these assholes into the 21st century. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't be operating 7 days a week.

Originally Posted by Pizza
The problem with paypal is they only give you 45 days to log a complaint. I'm used to giving people 6 to 8 weeks to ship me something and then i'll contact them first. That's too short of a time period to know if there's a real issue with an order.
You're joking right? It's almost 2014. There's no excuse for anything taking longer than 2 weeks to get anywhere in the goddamn world, much less being that patient with anything domestic. What the hell does this thread have to do with paypal, anyway?
Old 11-14-13, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sunday USPS delivery is for Amazon Prime members.
Old 11-15-13, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Me:I'm a Prime member and made this order Wednesday. The tracking says it should be delivered today, but it didn't arrive. I'm wondering if I could get refunded -- for example, for the cost of gift wrapping -- for the inconvenience.

Doods:Hello Steven, my name is Doods.
I will be glad to assist you today.

Me:Great

Doods:To further assist you on your concern. May I please have your order number?

Me:xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

Doods:Thank you.

I've checked your order yes we may refund the gift wrapping for you. To compensate for the delay.
I didn't need the order today, but figured I'd see if they'd do anything for me anyhow. For the record, the items were around $30 and the gift wrapping -- now refunded -- was around $9.

I guess I could complain about the CSR's name, but I think it's awesome so I'll refrain. I might also complain about the delay, but the free $9 is more than fair.
Old 11-15-13, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I've found a new hobby you guys. Raging and trolling 1 star ill informed reviews and their associated comments. Its pretty fun.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.