Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 04-17-17, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I have yet to see that new Amazon authentication, and I use multiple computers to order from them. One of them being a semi public machine that gets cookies and history dumped daily.
Old 04-17-17, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roughly 36 hours later and the problem appears resolved, although I am still confused over what happened. The last customer service rep insisted

In researching this situation, I see that Two-Step Verification has been activated on your account
but from my side, this is untrue. I found the two-step verification settings weeks ago after searching their help pages, and the interface always read "Get Started". The rep also said something I don't understand at all:

From time to time, we test both new and existing features on our website to determine which characteristics or services drive customer purchases and satisfaction
So Amazon enables new features randomly to see if customers like them? If so, that sure blew up in their face! One of my banks (JP Morgan Chase) has a feature like this, but (I'm guessing) base it on browser, OS, netblock, etc. and if they nag me a couple times a year, it's cool. IMHO Amazon's approach is a disaster, not least of which because I never asked to have it enabled.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It's back again.

Last edited by thetao; 04-18-17 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-19-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I would find the "add-on" items tolerable if you just had to add it on to a single non add-on item if you're a Prime member. This having to have a $25 minimum goes against the point of joining Prime in the first place. I also love how a lot of these items are $4.99 so you fall a few cents short if you try to group them in an order of 5.
I just noticed all the $5 blus are now Add-Ons. Bad Boys is $3.52 - IF you buy $25 worth of stuff. So much for being Prime. I guess Prime Platinum is gonna be pushed soon.
Old 04-20-17, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, now you can't filter and sort your lists anymore? I had it filtered by price low-to-high, now the only option left is priority high to low...
Old 04-20-17, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskey Warfield
So, now you can't filter and sort your lists anymore? I had it filtered by price low-to-high, now the only option left is priority high to low...
I've had to save the URLs all this time to sort by both category and price. Now that's broken. This is fucking bullshit. Why do they keep gimping the fucking wishlist!? There's no point in it.
Old 04-21-17, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

My wishlist still has options to sort by Title, Price (low to high), Price (high to low), Date Added, Priority (high to low) and custom. Unless you're talking about a different list.
Old 04-21-17, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
My wishlist still has options to sort by Title, Price (low to high), Price (high to low), Date Added, Priority (high to low) and custom. Unless you're talking about a different list.
The options were missing temporarily. Maybe enough people complained to get it fixed quickly.
Old 04-21-17, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah. My wishlist always had options to sort by all those fields. And still does.
Old 04-21-17, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine hasn't. Maybe I'm in a Beta group - if so, look forward to having your lists all jumbled up.
Old 04-27-17, 08:15 PM
Banned

WTF? Wishlist is back to not being able to sort by price again. WTF is Amazon doing!?!?
Old 04-28-17, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 980 Likes on 608 Posts

Mine is still sortable by price.
Old 04-28-17, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Same with mine. What do you guys actually see? Mine looks like this.

Old 04-28-17, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Same with mine. What do you guys actually see? Mine looks like this.
Old 04-28-17, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That's so weird, i wonder if you guys are in some bucket of testing like the guy that was getting all that two factor authentication stuff. I assume it doesn't matter what browser you use?
Old 04-28-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you guys are looking at two (2) different options.

There is the Wishlist (no space between the h and the L) which is the same as I'm used to seeing it.

There is now a Wish List (with a space) which is what the screen grabs have been posting.

ctyankee
Old 04-28-17, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Day Eight: Still no sorting by price. Welcome to your new Amazon, customers.
Old 04-28-17, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ctyankee
I think you guys are looking at two (2) different options.

There is the Wishlist (no space between the h and the L) which is the same as I'm used to seeing it.

There is now a Wish List (with a space) which is what the screen grabs have been posting.

ctyankee
I have no idea what you mean. My "correct" screen shot looks like the same section as Viper's that's missing the same filter items, both are under "Wish List" with a space.
Old 04-28-17, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Day Eight: Still no sorting by price. Welcome to your new Amazon, customers.
Amazon does a lot of randomly chosen focus-group A/B testing on its site. They are testing to see if you make fewer or more purchases while changing the options.

It could come back at any time.
Old 04-28-17, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All lists sortable by price here.
Old 05-04-17, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Has anyone had items shipped to an Amazon locker?

I've noticed the shipping times to the lockers lag compared to shipping it to your home.

I usually have items shipped to a locker on days when I'm not home to avoid potential theft when stuff is left on my doorstep.

Anyways, I ordered The Naked Cage (new release BD this week) and it was released on Tuesday. Amazon locker delivery time says it won't be delivered until Monday. It's been sitting at preparing for shipment for the last 2 days.

Wondering why the heck the locker shipping times lag so much?
Old 05-04-17, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I was going to try returning via locker the other day but the ones near my house were full.
Old 05-04-17, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya

I've noticed the shipping times to the lockers lag compared to shipping it to your home.

I usually have items shipped to a locker on days when I'm not home to avoid potential theft when stuff is left on my doorstep.

Anyways, I ordered The Naked Cage (new release BD this week) and it was released on Tuesday. Amazon locker delivery time says it won't be delivered until Monday. It's been sitting at preparing for shipment for the last 2 days.

I've done it a few times, having stuff shipped to a locker location at a grocery store when I knew I wasn't going to be home. Pretty simple and straightforward.

I wonder if it's because a lot of the locations the lockers are at don't have regular deliveries?
Old 05-04-17, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Amazon locker delivery time says it won't be delivered until Monday. It's been sitting at preparing for shipment for the last 2 days.

I've done it. Mostly because I'm very untrusting of getting packages delivered to my location. Now that I've gotten to know everyone, I don't worry about it like I used to.

It's supposed to be just as fast. Did you do Prime? It's also possible that you have a stuffed locker location. I'm sure they track availability and don't send out packages unless there's a space open. You're probably stuck in a queue.
Old 05-19-17, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thetao
Roughly 36 hours later and the problem appears resolved, although I am still confused over what happened.

[...]

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It's back again.
In case anybody is interested, I did finally get my login problem resolved. After trading 3 emails with Amazon support and calling them three times, I finally called Amazon Corporate in Seattle and vented a little to their switchboard guy. He sent me to one of Amazon's "Search and Rescue" call centers (ever heard of them?), and while that guy also had no idea what I was talking about, he either called or IM'd somebody for advice. It is a new security measure, but is supposed to ask only once. Somehow mine was stuck in the "on" position. He submitted a form on my behalf and less that 24 hours later, my account was fixed. It still has a hair trigger...I saw it again after clicking an email link from a UK Marketplace vendor requesting feedback, but this time it wasn't around long. It still feels like sloppy programming, but hopefully they will perfect it over time.
Old 05-22-17, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by thetao
It still feels like sloppy programming
Is there any other kind?

I work around a lot of enterprise-level user-facing platforms (I think I have that term right). It's rare to go a day without at least one of the programs letting me down. And sending me into a fit of rage.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.