Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-17, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

^Good--it's about time!
Old 03-23-17, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

There seems to be a lot of bots selling terrific items at very, very cheap prices. Awhile back, I bought a pack of Eneloop batteries and it turned out to be a fake seller. Then there were several other fake sellers selling the item at a really low price. I don't know how long this has been going on. I got a refund via that Amazon service, I wasn't really inconvenienced.

Take a look at all the "new sellers":

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all
Old 03-23-17, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would find the "add-on" items tolerable if you just had to add it on to a single non add-on item if you're a Prime member. This having to have a $25 minimum goes against the point of joining Prime in the first place. I also love how a lot of these items are $4.99 so you fall a few cents short if you try to group them in an order of 5.
Old 03-23-17, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by EinCB
There seems to be a lot of bots selling terrific items at very, very cheap prices. Awhile back, I bought a pack of Eneloop batteries and it turned out to be a fake seller. Then there were several other fake sellers selling the item at a really low price. I don't know how long this has been going on. I got a refund via that Amazon service, I wasn't really inconvenienced.

Take a look at all the "new sellers":

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all
Thats a steal for 5.99 with free shipping.
Old 03-27-17, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF is with their inventory lately? They don't even list restock dates or allow email notify. The removed the item page for the 12 packs of Surge entirely, and they're out of PS4 Pros with no restock date. Everyone else seems to have PS4 Pros, but Amazon is out. Bullshit. I figured I'd be able to get one from a Prime fulfilled seller for MSRP without tax by now.
Old 03-27-17, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Viper187
WTF is with their inventory lately? They don't even list restock dates or allow email notify. The removed the item page for the 12 packs of Surge entirely, and they're out of PS4 Pros with no restock date. Everyone else seems to have PS4 Pros, but Amazon is out. Bullshit. I figured I'd be able to get one from a Prime fulfilled seller for MSRP without tax by now.
What does Amazon not having stock have to do with Marketplace Sellers not having stock?
Old 03-27-17, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjcool
What does Amazon not having stock have to do with Marketplace Sellers not having stock?
Anytime Amazon runs out of something without keeping their listing up to backorder, marketplace sellers take full advantage and jack their prices regardless if other stores still have the shit in stock.
Old 03-27-17, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

The Disney feud is really annoying, with no pre-orders and running out of stock on Moana, Rogue One, Doctor Strange, etc. I could take my business elsewhere, but I'm already paying for Prime, and I have no idea whether that would support Amazon's position or Disney's.
Old 03-27-17, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by davidh777
The Disney feud is really annoying, with no pre-orders and running out of stock on Moana, Rogue One, Doctor Strange, etc. I could take my business elsewhere, but I'm already paying for Prime, and I have no idea whether that would support Amazon's position or Disney's.
This Disney thing has been going on for 3 years now? Only articles I saw on Google were from 2014. Honestly, fuck Disney. Everyone else discounts their movies properly when they get old, but not Disney. I was able to import Captain America 1-3 from the UK for $11 each on blu (shipping included) while you never see all 3 at once or the trilogy box in the US for under $15 each. I can't stand that they own so many good, non-animated films.
Old 03-27-17, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I would find the "add-on" items tolerable if you just had to add it on to a single non add-on item if you're a Prime member. This having to have a $25 minimum goes against the point of joining Prime in the first place. I also love how a lot of these items are $4.99 so you fall a few cents short if you try to group them in an order of 5.
Old 03-28-17, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Pizza
That's the one thing I don't like about prime. Those stupid add on items that they won't add on to a prime eligible order. What I usually do is find another listing for that item, or a slightly different variation of it that is prime eligible and order that by itself. You say you the $4.99 box of staples is only an add on item Amazon? I'll order the $3.99 box that is prime eligible. Doesn't work all the time though, obviously.
Old 03-28-17, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Most of the $5 CDs are now add-on items.
Old 03-28-17, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Most of the $5 CDs are now add-on items.
People still buy CDs? Amazing.
Old 03-29-17, 03:55 PM
Banned

It's rather sad Amazon has been out of PS4 Pros at least a week now, but every other store has them.
Old 04-16-17, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised that nobody else is complaining about Amazon's new login procedure. Every time I log in, their site greets me with this

At first I thought it was a cookie thing, and not saving cookies between sessions was causing me extra work...but no. I ran a test just now that saved cookies and was still prompted. In a way I can respect strong security, but none of my BANKS are this anal. So is this affecting everybody or is my account special? I do not sell on Amazon.
Old 04-16-17, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Never seen that before.
Old 04-16-17, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Cardsfan. That's a ray of hope. Now I just need to find somebody at customer service who gives a damn long enough to help deduce the problem. Amazon does have a "Two Step Verification" system they discuss at

https://www.amazon.com/a/settings/ap...eadcrumb_adsec

but mine isn't switched on. Can anyone think of other settings? Come to think of it, I do have an account (but no products) at createspace.com. Wonder if that's a factor?
Old 04-16-17, 02:05 PM
Banned

Motherfuckers have been out of Surge for a month. Price keeps updating, but it's still unavailable, and it's pissing me off.
Old 04-16-17, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I've been invited to do the two-step authentication but I keep skipping it.
Old 04-16-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm on Amazon a lot but haven't seen the verification stuff. Surprised it would trigger everytime though, usually it would be one of those "logging in from a new location" type of things.
Old 04-17-17, 06:09 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by thetao
I am surprised that nobody else is complaining about Amazon's new login procedure. Every time I log in, their site greets me with this

At first I thought it was a cookie thing, and not saving cookies between sessions was causing me extra work...but no. I ran a test just now that saved cookies and was still prompted. In a way I can respect strong security, but none of my BANKS are this anal. So is this affecting everybody or is my account special? I do not sell on Amazon.
I'm usually on Amazon daily, including today, and have never seen that.
Old 04-17-17, 06:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Never seen that either.
Old 04-17-17, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I"ve seen it on a couple of browsers I don't normally use to order. A code was sent to the email, I copy/pasted it in, and proceeded. No biggie.

What annoys me more is after a few orders where they *do* ask for the password it defaults to being logged in to order - even though I never check the box. I can order anything I want with no password entry needed - but to check a order I still have to log in. This can be "fixed" by logging out and logging back in but the process reverts again after 3 or 4 orders. It's almost like "one click" (which I also do not have enabled - IMHO it's a totally stupid option) - or maybe it is "one click" - don't know as I don't have that stupidity enabled.
Old 04-17-17, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I"ve seen it on a couple of browsers I don't normally use to order. A code was sent to the email, I copy/pasted it in, and proceeded. No biggie.

What annoys me more is after a few orders where they *do* ask for the password it defaults to being logged in to order - even though I never check the box. I can order anything I want with no password entry needed - but to check a order I still have to log in. This can be "fixed" by logging out and logging back in but the process reverts again after 3 or 4 orders. It's almost like "one click" (which I also do not have enabled - IMHO it's a totally stupid option) - or maybe it is "one click" - don't know as I don't have that stupidity enabled.
See. I always check the box to keep me logged in, and I get pissed when it asks again. I'm the only one with access to this computer. What's really mind boggling is that it will let me buy a digital code (Xbox/PS4/whatever) without re-entering my password, BUT turn around and ask me for my password to view the code in the digital library.

I also want to know why the fuck they stopped having those nice gift cards with the peel off strip and went back to scratch off shit. It's not a fucking lottery ticket.
Old 04-17-17, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Not really a complaint, but thought this was an amusing story to share.

Early last week, I ordered an SD card, new cell phone case and 2 BD's. Had it shipped to the Amazon locker near my house. I occasionally have items shipped there on days I'm not home.

Kept checking the order status and then noticed a day later that the item was shipped back to Amazon. I checked with customer service via a chat on their website and they said don't worry, tracking number is wrong, it's just late.

5 days passed and still nothing. So I called them and the person I spoke to called the Amazon carrier and the carrier said that my package was damaged during transit and undeliverable and they had to send it back.

Gee, thanks. I would have appreciated an e-mail to let me know. They gave me a refund, but gave it to me as an Amazon GC to my account.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.