Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The WORST, most obnoxious ebay buyer I've ever dealt with...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-15, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So I sold a pair of jeans on ebay recently. The buyer sent a message after winning the auction on Tuesday asking if he could pay Friday night. I replied to him saying 'that's fine.' Now apparently, ebay has a feature called 'Unpaid Item Assisstant' that is turned on by default (which I was unaware of). This feature automatically opened a case against the buyer because 2 days had passed without payment being sent. Understandably, this upset the buyer. Anyway, this person is a total scumbag, read on...

Dear jz120376,
can you wait till Friday night for payment so glade I won these cant wait to get them
- musicmadebliss_123

Dear musicmadebliss_123,
That's fine
- jz120376

2 days passed, eBay auto opened a case...

Dear jz120376,
I was going to pay tonite but since you opend a case with ebay I am going to wait till the dead line of the 14th told you I was going to pay this also reflects on your feedback go back and read my feedbacks left for others on the subject pushy sellers you want like it
- musicmadebliss_123

Dear musicmadebliss_123,
Hey man, I'm sorry, I definitely did not open a case. Ebay's Unpaid Item Assistant AUTOMATICALLY opened the case because the item hasn't been paid for. That's all, just ignore it.
- jz120376

Saturday and still no payment...

Dear musicmadebliss_123,
You said you would send payment Friday night. I told you I did not open a case & that eBay automatically opened it under the Unpaid Item Assistant which I didn't even know was activated in my account. When are you sending payment?
Here's the link if you don't believe me
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpa...assistant.html
- jz120376

Dear jz120376,
as you can see I went ahead and paid hope theres no problem now
- musicmadebliss_123

Dear musicmadebliss_123,
No prob to begin with. Like I said, eBay opened the case, not me. Not sure if the post office is open Mon and Tues for the Jewish Holidays. If not, will ship Wed.
- jz120376

Dear jz120376,
there are no jewish holidays in usa I am a jew too go to temple beth el Pensacola if you delay cause of that I will be asking for refund from ebays and I will leave neg feedback and put you on my facebook site for pushy sellers on face book that have no idea how the real world works
- musicmadebliss_123

Dear musicmadebliss_123,
Hey! Enough with the threats already. I have been more than polite with you and have already left you positive feedback. Monday and Tuesday is Rosh Hashanah.
- jz120376

Dear jz120376,
you gave me a dead line with paying from ebay so I am giving you a deadline to send cant have it both ways if you don't like what I am saying report me to ebay you will find out they will back me up
- musicmadebliss_123

Dear musicmadebliss_123,
Show me the message in which I gave you 'a deadline' to pay. I told you the post office MIGHT be closed Monday and Tuesday. If you are Jewish like you say then you should know this.I am not even Jewish and I know Mon/Tues are Jewish holidays. If they are closed, you can give me all the deadlines you want, but it can't be shipped if they aren't open. First, you asked if you could pay 4 days after you won the auction, I said no problem. Then I went out of my way to find out why a case was opened. Then I left you positive feedback immediately after you sent payment and threatened me. Then you send more threats after I said I would ship Wednesday IF the post office is closed. You should be apologizing, NOT sending more threats & being rude. I'll post the tracking number when it's shipped, no need for further communication.
- jz120376

As soon as I received payment, I left him positive feedback like I always do. Even though I have been very polite and cooperative, I know I will get screwed.

Last edited by JZ1276; 09-13-15 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-13-15, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Re: The WORST, most obnoxious ebay buyer I've ever dealt with...

Unpaid Item Assistant isn't enabled by default, except for powersellers, so you must've enabled it on your account at some point in the past.
Old 09-13-15, 06:32 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Even if the jeans were $200 and the buyer doesn't screw you out of your item and money (which seems likely) you have lost on this transaction. I don't get why anyone sells on ebay, it doesn't seem worth it.
Old 09-13-15, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by TheBang
Unpaid Item Assistant isn't enabled by default, except for powersellers, so you must've enabled it on your account at some point in the past.
I never even knew UIA existed until I had this problem. I Googled 'ebay automatic unpaid item case' to find out how it happened.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Even if the jeans were $200 and the buyer doesn't screw you out of your item and money (which seems likely) you have lost on this transaction. I don't get why anyone sells on ebay, it doesn't seem worth it.
You are right, at least when it comes to low priced items. I stopped selling on ebay for a very long time and stuck with Amazon. However, now even Amazon is just as bad. I recently tried reselling a used Blu Ray and was prohibited, as well as brand new tagged clothes.

Last edited by JZ1276; 09-13-15 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-13-15, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

I NEVER leave feedback until the other party leaves feedback. I know a seller can only leave "positive" but I have seen plenty of sellers bash deadbeats in their "positive" feedback that they had to send. I also limit my communication to acknowledging their payment and when I will ship.

I have been very lucky selling on ebay and have only had a horror story or two out of a ton of sales on it and half.com over the years.
Old 09-13-15, 09:27 AM

Well he just messaged me again with a list of '2015 Post Office Holidays' along with some useful advice...

post offices are only closed on federal holidays but you way live overseas not in usa. but I did check on your town and the post office is not closed in fact it is not closed in any state if yours is closed today you need to report them to the government for vilations in your state.

I don't know what he means by I live way overseas and not is the US (I live in NY) or if mine is closed today to report them for being in violation; it is Sunday, of course they are closed. Guy has no reason to be acting the way he is and has balls threatening to bash me on facebook if I don't ship it on Monday (which I planned on doing anyway if P.O. is open) after I told him it wasn't a problem to pay 4-5 days after he won the auction.
Old 09-14-15, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Well he just messaged me again with a list of '2015 Post Office Holidays' along with some useful advice...

post offices are only closed on federal holidays but you way live overseas not in usa. but I did check on your town and the post office is not closed in fact it is not closed in any state if yours is closed today you need to report them to the government for vilations in your state.

I don't know what he means by I live way overseas and not is the US (I live in NY) or if mine is closed today to report them for being in violation; it is Sunday, of course they are closed. Guy has no reason to be acting the way he is and has balls threatening to bash me on facebook if I don't ship it on Monday (which I planned on doing anyway if P.O. is open) after I told him it wasn't a problem to pay 4-5 days after he won the auction.
How many business days is set in your listing to ship after the buyer pays? If you have one business day, then it should be shipped on Monday, two business days would be Tuesday, etc. So if a buyer happens to pay on a Friday, you could ship as late as Monday.
Old 09-14-15, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Seriously, just mail the freaking jeans and be done with this. You are as much of a cause of this as the other guy.
Old 09-14-15, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Gotta love these buyers that bitch and moan and can't even string a proper sentence together. If I was the seller, I would seriously conisder refunding him and cancelling the transaction. He is being a bitch after you did him a solid and let him pay well after the deadline.
Old 09-14-15, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Seriously, just mail the freaking jeans and be done with this. You are as much of a cause of this as the other guy.
How you figure that???

Originally Posted by movieguru
How many business days is set in your listing to ship after the buyer pays? If you have one business day, then it should be shipped on Monday, two business days would be Tuesday, etc. So if a buyer happens to pay on a Friday, you could ship as late as Monday.
I agree, but you're missing the point. I thought the P.O. might be closed today and tomorrow.
Old 09-14-15, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Who the fuck buys jeans on ebay?
Old 09-15-15, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
I do, and so do a lot of other people. Used denim is much better than new (esp vintage Levi's). Instead of spending $200+ on designer jeans (Diesel, etc), you can find used on ebay for a fraction of the price.

BTW, he just sent this..

sorry for being a ass been a tough week here bought my gf a new car and it broke only 39 miles on it and now my escalade broke and its at dearler so rent a car all I have
Old 09-15-15, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

Who the fuck thinks the post office is closed for Jewish holidays?
Old 09-15-15, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Yeah, I just had a a potential customer bid on about 30 of my items (I listed them about a week ago) and then the bidder retracted all 30 last night. I thought my phone was going to explode at getting the mail prompts. Then I get a message saying that due to some family emergency he/she had to cancel all their bids. You know, I could see canceling a couple but when you go crazy and bid on 30 listings and who knows how many others from other sellers it makes me think the person was full of shit. I put them on my blocked list.

I took a potential $250 hit from the 30 retractions, too.
Old 09-15-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I do, and so do a lot of other people. Used denim is much better than new (esp vintage Levi's). Instead of spending $200+ on designer jeans (Diesel, etc), you can find used on ebay for a fraction of the price.
Yeah, but how can you know they'll work for you if you don't try them on first? I have to take multiple jeans into a fitting room (all of them the same exact brand/style/size), and they will all fit slightly different, but different enough where I can't just go by brand and size, used or not.
Old 09-15-15, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by William Fuld
Who the fuck thinks the post office is closed for Jewish holidays?
Wow, are you people angry at life or somethin? Is it really so hard to believe the post office can be closed on a jew holiday? All the public schools are closed mon and tues so it couldve been a possibility.
Old 09-15-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

Is it really so hard to believe the post office can be closed on a jew holiday?
I hate to say this but yes. But I also live in Alabama.
Old 09-15-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts

Wow, are you people angry at life or somethin? Is it really so hard to believe the post office can be closed on a jew holiday? All the public schools are closed mon and tues so it couldve been a possibility.
Yes, it's hard to believe. As an ebay seller, you should know when the Postal Holidays are. Jew holidays have never been observed. Thought everyone knows, but apparently not.
Old 09-16-15, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I would've just told the guy to go back to elementary school and learn how to write properly. Funny that all of the bad Ebay SELLERS I've dealt with (who do things like list a movie as a 3D Blu-Ray and then send you a standard DVD) have the same problem.
Old 09-16-15, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

BTW, he just sent this..

sorry for being a ass been a tough week here bought my gf a new car and it broke only 39 miles on it and now my escalade broke and its at dearler so rent a car all I have
Wow. He's a real peach.

Unless someone is a full time ebayer, and is going to the post office every day, why would anyone know which holidays, jew or not, the post office is closed? It's not like you said the PO was definitely closed for the jew holiday, you simply said it may be closed. You weren't sure. Again, I would run far away from this buyer.
Old 09-16-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

I have a general idea of what days the post office is closed just because I have 30 years of experience receiving mail. They're closed on federal holidays, none of which are jewish holidays. But I guess if I lived in an area with so many jews that they shut down the public school system (never even heard of that) I might get confused.
Old 09-16-15, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Over 20 posts in and no one's asked "Who the hell sells jeans on Ebay?"

I'd also ask who the hell BUYS them on Ebay, but I think we just found out.

I have jeans I don't like I either return them (new) or give them to Goodwill (old).
Old 09-17-15, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

How you figure that???

I agree, but you're missing the point. I thought the P.O. might be closed today and tomorrow.
When you go in to print the shipping label for the auction on Ebay, it will give you an option of what day you plan to ship the item and that day will be printed on the label. The option appear in scroll form and you click on the day of your choice. The days that the post office will be closed will not appear as an option to select. So if that date appears, it means that the post office will be open that day. For instance if you tried to print a shipping label on Friday, it wil give oyu the choices of: Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Since they are closed on Sunday for example, it will never appear as a choice.
Old 09-18-15, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

Do you have me on ignore or something?
Old 09-18-15, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru
When you go in to print the shipping label for the auction on Ebay, it will give you an option of what day you plan to ship the item and that day will be printed on the label. The option appear in scroll form and you click on the day of your choice. The days that the post office will be closed will not appear as an option to select. So if that date appears, it means that the post office will be open that day. For instance if you tried to print a shipping label on Friday, it wil give oyu the choices of: Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Since they are closed on Sunday for example, it will never appear as a choice.
I've never printed ebays shipping label, I've always just wrote it on the package. According to tracking, the package was delivered today. I'm waiting to get a message from him with some sort of issue.

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

I have jeans I don't like I either return them (new) or give them to Goodwill (old).
That's fine if that's what you wanna do. If I have a pair of jeans I paid over $100 for that I no longer want, I'd rather sell them on ebay than give them away. As far as buying jeans, I really only wear 3 brands and one of them are Diesel which are expensive when bought new. If I can find a pair on ebay in great shape then I'd rather spend $30-$50 & give them a good washing as opposed to $150-$200.

Originally Posted by zyzzle
Yes, it's hard to believe. As an ebay seller, you should know when the Postal Holidays are. Jew holidays have never been observed. Thought everyone knows, but apparently not.
That's a stupid assumption. I sell maybe one item per month if that much on ebay, therefore I should know the Postal Holidays?

Yeah, but how can you know they'll work for you if you don't try them on first? I have to take multiple jeans into a fitting room (all of them the same exact brand/style/size), and they will all fit slightly different, but different enough where I can't just go by brand and size, used or not.
You don't know, you're taking a chance.

Last edited by JZ1276; 09-18-15 at 01:14 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.