Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BN.com order problem: Improper billing Again

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 10:25 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

This is the third or fourth time this has happened. If BN.com didn't have the Criterion sale, I would seriously consider never ordering from them again.
I used a coupon somebody gave me in the bn.com coupon thread and BN.com spit the coupon out after checkout. It showed one total and they charged paypal another second amount. I had been using paypal with bn.com to defeat this coupon removal problem. Before they couldn't authorize more.
But this time they took a 30 percent coupon out of my order and charged me an unauthorized amount.

They want a copy of the email on which I received the coupon. I believe that the coupon was accepted and they should not be allowed to alter the amount of my order after check out.

Does anybody know if I return in store, that they will give me a gift card good online or store credit. They say paypal orders get gift card refund.
I was thinking of challenging the charge with Bill me later . The paypal unit that I used. They say they need the invoice with the incorrect amount but Bn.com only has the fraudulent invoice without coupon.

I've heard of people complaining to better business bureau or new york state attorney. I may do that if Bill me later refuses to credit me and I don't return it.
I think I will shop the Criterion sale only in store next time. I've never experienced a more deceiptful store than bn.com

Last edited by g; 11-25-11 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-29-11, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: BN.com order problem: Improper billing Again

The BBB is more or less a scam in that it's a private company that has marketed itself as some sort of consumer protection agency. They can't do anything to a company that screws over companies other than give them a bad rating, which is the same thing that gets done at any online store review site.

That being said, when you added the coupon during checkout, did it place it on the order or did it say something about it not being valid for that order?
Old 11-29-11, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the exact same scenario. I used a coupon during Cyber Monday. My order total at checkout was $12.90. Now when I log into my account, it says my order total is $13.01, and underneath that it says I will be charged $14.36. wtf?

So far their customer service (via e-mail) has been completely useless. When I questioned why I have been given three different totals and how can they charge more than the order total, all the rep did is reiterate that I will be charged $14.36. I fired off another e-mail to them and am awaiting a response.

For my scenario, it's not worth getting worked up over a dollar and change price difference. But it definitely makes them look shady as hell, and I would never risk placing a high dollar order with them.
Old 11-29-11, 03:00 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah. When I placed the order, the coupon took over 9 dollars off. It was after checkout that, it gave me full price on my most expensive item. It even authorized at paypalfor the lower amount. They went to paypal to authorize more when it shipped. Paypal used to prevent his in the past. Not anymore.

The BBB does forward the complaint to BN.com. They settled similar complaints so I thought it was worth a possible try.
Old 11-29-11, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In that case, I'd dispute it with paypal before going to the BBB if bn doesn't do anything.
Old 11-30-11, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I had a similar issue as well with bn.com over the weekend. Ordered Miller's Crossing bluray with the 30% off coupon and the total was like $10.90 or so. Used 2 gift cards to pay for the order. On one of the giftcards there was supposed to be around $5 left. Anyway I wanted to use that GC to buy Stardust the next day. Anyway, I'm entering the GC as payment and it says that the GC has been used up and has zero balance.

I know I had something left there so I called bn.com CS. The CSR was perplexed as she said she had no idea why I was charged so much for that one item. Eventually I got the $5 or so back on one of my giftcards.

I'm going to be watching the charges on my CC as I made a couple more orders over the weekend.