Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-15, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Make sure you check your order if you have both the No-Rush credit and regular gift card credit. When I ordered a TV season that the stacked video credit should have coverd, it deducted from the gift card balance instead of the digital credit. Amazon said it was a glitch with the No-Rush credit, removed all of it, added back promotional credit, and had me reorder.
Old 03-12-15, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know when the credits from BF disappear. I thought I read sometime in March, but I can't find the post. Thanks.
Old 03-13-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Does anyone know when the credits from BF disappear. I thought I read sometime in March, but I can't find the post. Thanks.
March 31, 2015.

I will have some unused codes so if I able to transfer them, I could send them to someone who needs them.

I was going to use them to give me a discount on a movie or two but somehow my Dad got a free months worth of Amazon Prime (He ordered like $55 worth of stuff from Amazon last Saturday and they sent him an email saying he now has Amazon Prime) which will expire on April 7 so I'm going to use his account to watch the movies for free - the ones that I was going to pay to rent.

Update - Sigh - the three movies that I wanted to see are not eilgible for free viewing via Amazon Prime so I'll need to use a couple of codes - to get a $1.00 off of each - if I want to watch them online. Would be cheaper to go rent them at the local video store most likely.

Oh well, theres still a few movies I haven't yet watched that are free via Amazon Prime so I can take advantage of my Dads free month of Amazon Prime.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-16-15 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-26-15, 04:43 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I noticed today that instead of $1 digital store credit they are giving $6 in Prime Pantry credit.
Old 03-27-15, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^I noticed that yesterday. If it stacks that's a very good deal - far better than one for digital versions of stuff I'd rather have on physical media.
Old 03-27-15, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Is Prime Pantry limited to specific cities only, or good anywhere?
Old 03-27-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^I believe it's good anywhere in the continental US.

It's similar to "Subscribe and Save" but you put a selection of stuff in a "box" (up to the limit of the box size) that's shipped for a flat fee. I *think* that shipping fee is $5.99 (what the credit is) per box. So... if it *doesn't* stack it's OK for a box or two if you can find enough product to fit that's priced low enough (sometimes a problem). If it stacks it means a superb discount on a box or two of stuff.
Old 03-27-15, 11:24 AM

I don't think there is anyway it's going to stack. It almost has to be one per order, and it wouldn't suprise me if they amend the terms to one per customer.

I order a penny book or CD or DVD (with prime shipping so $4 total) almost every day, so rack up tons of these credits. No way they're giving me $100 of free groceries. I can hope, but I doubt it.
Old 03-27-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
I don't think there is anyway it's going to stack. It almost has to be one per order, and it wouldn't suprise me if they amend the terms to one per customer.

I order a penny book or CD or DVD (with prime shipping so $4 total) almost every day, so rack up tons of these credits. No way they're giving me $100 of free groceries. I can hope, but I doubt it.
Same here on orders - I'm still trying to find stuff worth messing with on the digital credits I've built up. I'd *love* some free groceries but, like you, don't expect these to stack and think it'll only be good to cover the box/shipping fee.
Old 03-27-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I've used the credits on music and books. I also expect this pantry stuff to be one per order, which would probably make me take a look at the service. I might go straight back to regular Prime shipping, though.
Old 03-27-15, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Same here on orders - I'm still trying to find stuff worth messing with on the digital credits I've built up. I'd *love* some free groceries but, like you, don't expect these to stack and think it'll only be good to cover the box/shipping fee.
Make sure you use those credits before they expire. Iirc, they last 3 months and there is no easy way to see when your credits expire.
Old 03-27-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Yep... I'm planning to burn through 'em this weekend.
Old 03-29-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found the "fine print" on the Prima Pantry credit offer. As we suspected, it's *one* redemption per order - no stacking. I *might* use one or two of these but there'll have to be some good offers that way. So far I've found nothing worth adding shipping to in order to use this process. With the credit, which essentially removes shipping, I *might* be able to fill a box or two...
Old 04-01-15, 08:46 AM

I just used the first of my $5.99 credits. It stacked with the usual grocery coupons, and also with the free shipping if you buy selected items promo. So free shipping, $5.99 off, and coupons on each item; beats driving to the grocery store imo.
Old 04-01-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just used the first of my $5.99 credits. It stacked with the usual grocery coupons, and also with the free shipping if you buy selected items promo. So free shipping, $5.99 off, and coupons on each item; beats driving to the grocery store imo.
Guess I'll browse a bit but I generally don't find anything we purchase in the "Prime Pantry" at prices better than local.

I *did* notice when placing a order this morning that the Prime Pantry credit for slow-boat shipping has been replaced with the Digital product (eBooks, MP3, and digital movies) credit.

I waited until the last minute to use those digital credits and it paid off. They had huge discounts on many of the Warner Archive titles - over 50% off - which allowed me to turn ~$125 credit into 20 movies and a couple of OOP CD MP3s (entire albums - not singles).
Old 04-01-15, 03:29 PM

^ oh, they have digital versions of the Archive stuff? Good to know, thanks.
Old 04-01-15, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ oh, they have digital versions of the Archive stuff? Good to know, thanks.
Yep! 10 or so of what I purchased are Archive titles. Early last month I "purchased" The Cyclops (1957) for $14.99 as I knew I wanted that one. Of course it's $6.99(!) today and was too late to do a "oops - I really didn't want that" and repurchase at the lower price (which would have given me another Archive title). Oh well... it was "free" so I shouldn't complain, eh?

They also have a few Criterion titles available. While not as cheap as the Archive titles, the prices on them are mostly good and, IMHO, provide a good way to sample a film I'm on-the-fence about purchasing.

I was surprised at some of the available "catalog" films but also at how *few* films seem to be available based on "browsing" the digital library. It was also a royal pain to browse as there was no way to change the order on library titles. It was how they are presented or nothing. I'd have at least liked a alpha sort option. Most of what I purchased are Horror, SF, and Comedy.
Old 04-01-15, 04:15 PM

Unless I've missed it, we don't seem to have a great mechanism for tracking the random Amazon and other digital film sales. I've stumbled upon great prices occasionally, but would love a one-stop resource like our Amazon BD thread.
Old 04-01-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Unless I've missed it, we don't seem to have a great mechanism for tracking the random Amazon and other digital film sales. I've stumbled upon great prices occasionally, but would love a one-stop resource like our Amazon BD thread.
I wish we did as well. We have this thread, but it's not very active. I'm not sure how to find the occasional deal, with the exceptions being to learn of a sale from another site, or just simply stumbling across something.
Old 04-01-15, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Every time I've found a "deal" it's been pretty much something I've just stumbled upon (like the current Warner Archive sale on some discs). I spent some time today trying to browse the "instant video" titles and wound up frustrated more often than not.
Old 04-02-15, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

So now you can't buy Interstellar, Birdman, and Big Hero 6 Blu-rays unless you get Amazon prime?

http://www.amazon.com/Interstellar-B...terstellar+blu
Old 04-02-15, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
So now you can't buy Interstellar, Birdman, and Big Hero 6 Blu-rays unless you get Amazon prime?

That's bizarre.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members. Gift-wrap available.
Old 04-04-15, 08:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That Prime exclusive thing frustrated me this week. I wanted to get Interstellar at the $15 price point, which was better than recent weeks, but when I first tried, they put that Prime middle finger in my face, which really ticked me off. Fortunately it did not last long and I was able to get it the next day.

They've done that on a bunch of other DVDs too this week. If this is a permanent trend, I might start to lessen my decades-long Amazon patronage. Between tactics like this and the continual running out of space for new discs on my shelves, I might be ready to make a bigger jump to streaming and away from owning.
Old 04-05-15, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

add mockingjay part 1 to the list.

who will stand up to be our katniss and emancipate us from this tyranny?

*does the Rue's Whistle thing*
Old 04-08-15, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

That is weird, I noticed it on Veep S1. I'm not sure as to the logic of it.

Just discovered I've got 19.05 in Music credits left (I ordered a lot around Christmas). To the MP3 store!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.