Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Old 09-04-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Trevor
I think you don't get the credit until the item ships. Also, there may be a limit of number of credits and/or a max amount at a time.
The item shipped yesterday. I did not get the credit.
Old 09-04-14, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
The item shipped yesterday. I did not get the credit.
Give them at least a couple days...if you don't get an email, send them one.
Old 09-04-14, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

How do you see how much Amazon Video Credit you have? i should know this but I can't find it.
Old 09-04-14, 10:13 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
How do you see how much Amazon Video Credit you have? i should know this but I can't find it.
Go to any instant video title. Redeem codes link under the price will show you all your balances.
Old 09-04-14, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

Awesome. Yeah, looks like you can stack them. I have $14 in codes.
Old 09-14-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like Amazon is now paying off on "no rush shipping" in book credits. Frankly, I wish I could convert existing video credits to book credits, but I doubt they'll do it.
Old 09-15-14, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
Looks like Amazon is now paying off on "no rush shipping" in book credits. Frankly, I wish I could convert existing video credits to book credits, but I doubt they'll do it.
I just saw that today as well when I was checking out. Looks like it's back to Prime shipping
Old 09-17-14, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I just saw that today as well when I was checking out. Looks like it's back to Prime shipping
The book credit is good on phsical books as long as they are shipped from Amazon, so not a bad deal for me.
Old 09-17-14, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The book credit is good on phsical books as long as they are shipped from Amazon, so not a bad deal for me.
Old 09-18-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, didn't realize that. That's not bad, except I would still prefer the instant video credit
Old 09-18-14, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm ok with the book credit if I'm not in a hurry. Just ordered a BD this morning. Could have had it Saturday w/Prime or between the 25th-29th with the no rush option.
Old 09-18-14, 03:28 PM

These type of credits usually expire fairly quickly iirc.
Old 11-03-14, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For something that Amazon has offered for a couple of years now, you'd think they would have worked out all the kinks. I chose the no-rush option last night on an order. The item shipped today and I get the e-mail with $1 credit notice. It says expiration date is 11/15/15. Right next to that, there's a Terms & Condition link and that shows an expiration date of 12/31/14. That's a pretty big difference so I used the chat feature and inquire about it. I'm told by the rep that I have multiple credits on my account, all expiring in 2015. I asked where I could look on my account to see when these credits expire so they don't go to waste. She checks, returns and says there's no way to check.
Old 11-04-14, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
For something that Amazon has offered for a couple of years now, you'd think they would have worked out all the kinks. I chose the no-rush option last night on an order. The item shipped today and I get the e-mail with $1 credit notice. It says expiration date is 11/15/15. Right next to that, there's a Terms & Condition link and that shows an expiration date of 12/31/14. That's a pretty big difference so I used the chat feature and inquire about it. I'm told by the rep that I have multiple credits on my account, all expiring in 2015. I asked where I could look on my account to see when these credits expire so they don't go to waste. She checks, returns and says there's no way to check.
Exactly. I also had $6 or $8 in Video credits just disappear. I'm pretty sure they expired but there is no way to know, because as you say there is no way to check the expiration date. Also, when it comes to book credits, there is no way to check the balance. IMO, that is just piss poor. Amazon does a terrible job with this no-rush shipping promo.
Old 11-04-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I got busy and ~$25 of video credits expired on me. I knew when they would expire - based on the "Terms and Conditions" so I have no excuse other than forgetfulness, and getting busy with watching horror films...

I *really* wish there were a way to check the book credits. I know I have tons of 'em as anything offered via Prime I order with that credit - plus things I'd have combined before now are all separate orders. So far the only thing I've been able to do is find some expensive book, put it in the cart, and see how much credit is applied before cancelling the process. It works, but it's sloppy.
Old 11-04-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I got busy and ~$25 of video credits expired on me. I knew when they would expire - based on the "Terms and Conditions" so I have no excuse other than forgetfulness, and getting busy with watching horror films...

I *really* wish there were a way to check the book credits. I know I have tons of 'em as anything offered via Prime I order with that credit - plus things I'd have combined before now are all separate orders. So far the only thing I've been able to do is find some expensive book, put it in the cart, and see how much credit is applied before cancelling the process. It works, but it's sloppy.
That is one way to count the book credits. Amazon always sends an email when the item ships out mentioning the book credit. If you have something like Gmail, it's not too hard to run a search on that email.
Old 11-04-14, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I had the same experience. It's fairly dumb not to have a way to check! I was told that the promotion ends 12/31/14, but the credits you've earned don't expire until 2015 sometime. I made them double check as the first time they answered it was a different response until I questioned it and they asked their supervisor.
Old 11-06-14, 10:32 AM

This new Prime Photos looks to be a nice bonus; unlimited photo storage.
Old 11-21-14, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

I'm getting this message today instead of the books-only one:

Thanks for choosing No-Rush Shipping
We'll automatically apply a $1 eBooks, digital music and videos credit to your account when your item ships.
Originally Posted by Trevor
This new Prime Photos looks to be a nice bonus; unlimited photo storage.
I actually thought this was the reason the thread was originally bumped.
Old 11-21-14, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

^I noticed that change a couple of days ago. I'd not really been looking closely do I don't know just when the change was made. I believe the use expiration on the new flavor is mid-late March.
Old 01-09-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

I was surprised to see the $1 no-rush credit still live today, so I split my two items into separate orders.
Old 01-09-15, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Question about this offer, sorry if it has been discussed before- Do the $1 credits stack? Example, if I ordered 5 items and got $1 book credit on each would that take $5 off a book order or just $1 off 5 separate book orders?
Old 01-09-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, they stack.

I just made a couple of instant video purchases today from all the credit I had built up from holiday shopping.
Old 01-09-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, they stack.

I just made a couple of instant video purchases today from all the credit I had built up from holiday shopping.
Thanks!
Old 01-09-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Question about this offer, sorry if it has been discussed before- Do the $1 credits stack? Example, if I ordered 5 items and got $1 book credit on each would that take $5 off a book order or just $1 off 5 separate book orders?
Yes, they stack. Before Christmas I got $8 off on one book. I've stopped taking the credits when they switched to credits only good for digital goods. The original book credits were good on actual books.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.