Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What are your Black Friday plans?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: When are you Black Friday shopping?
I'm going out earlier than usual
20.45%
I'm going out the same amount of time as usual
18.18%
I'm eating more turkey instead
61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

What are your Black Friday plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: What are your Black Friday plans?

My plans are to go to work.

Not worth taking a leave day for things I could get online for less.

I am sick of the commercials already and I will likely not ever shop in Target again after the constant airing of some of the most disturbing ads I have ever seen, there is something seriously wrong with that woman.
Old 11-21-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
I'll probably head to Best Buy around 7 or 8PM because I'm hoping to get that $200 42" Sharp HDTV as well as a couple of blu-rays, mainly Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses and Crazy Stupid Love.

I've never actually went out on Black Friday to try and get a big ticket item but for those of you who have, do you think 7PM is early enough to get to BB to get the television?
Yeah, it's not likely. The last time I waited in line was in 2007 for a laptop, a TV, and some of the other big ticket items. I got in line at 4:30PM on Thanksgiving Day at a rather small Best Buy (also fairly new at the time) and I was #29 in line, it was only by luck that I got all of the items I wanted.
Old 11-21-11, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I *was* going to WM to get one of the $99 Wii consoles for the grand kids - BUT SAMs put it up for online order at the BF price. It cost an extra $5.90 to have it shipped and avoid going to the store. I call that a major win. Currently, I'll watch for a few DVD deals on amazon but everything else is either already purchased or will be purchased online or after the weekend madness as there is nothing in the ads that interests me enough to fight the traffic and crowds. If I can't order it online then I don't need it.

Since we do *not* cook or eat turkey at my house (ham is the meat of choice and we also have southern style chicken and dressing [*not* stuffing - big difference]) there was no answer on the poll that fits...

Last edited by BobO'Link; 11-21-11 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-23-11, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
Three days? That's freakin' crazy.
A few of the Best Buys by me have had people camping since Sunday.
Old 11-23-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^One of the guys I work with said there's been a guy camping out here since last Friday. He drives by the store every day going to/from work so I'm sure his information is from observation. Pure stupidity IMHO.
Old 11-23-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I have only done BF two or three times.
Last year or maybe it was the year before,I lived in Albany,Or(no sales tax),so I hit walmart around midnight and loaded up on blu's and dvds,not really to crazy for A BF sale.
Then I went by Target,big lots latter that day and picked up a few movies.Then went back by Wally world once more ,because I decided I wanted the PS3 bundle,and they had lots of them still in stock.

My plans this year.Stay home most of the day.My family has moved down to California
I might go by big lots around 9am and see if I can get the Black & Decker Junior Workbench for $30 and check out there dvd's while I'm there.And Lowes has a cheap ladder on sale I really don't need.

I'll do most of my shopping online this year for sure.I don't even know what dvd/blu's are on sale locally.
Old 11-23-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Never done BF, and have had to work that day for years. I doubt I'd do it for small media items but maybe if I were going for a big piece of hardware.

I totally understand if people enjoy the rush and have made a tradition out of it.
Old 11-23-11, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

I just finished looking through the BF ads ... and for the third year running I do not see anything that I could justify going out early for. I'll probably go out late morning or early afternoon just to see if I find any sloppy seconds. I've had pretty decent luck with that over the last few years.

Maybe I'm just getting old ... I look forward to the Home Depot ad more than the Best Buy ad anymore.
Old 11-24-11, 05:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Amazon.

Easy enough.