Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

ugh - Amazon is so slow!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered three CD's from Amazon four days ago (August 20th). Now I know one of the CD's is a CD-R so it has to be manufactured, but there's no excuse for them to take so long with the other CDs... I've never waited this long for something to be shipped from them... and yes, I used that combine items into few shipments option...
I'm starting to get nervous though considering I've been reading a few Amazon horror stories on here. Makes me wonder if I should buy MP3s instead of CDs now. ugh!!
Old 08-25-11, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: ugh - Amazon is so slow!!!

Originally Posted by kristina
I just ordered three CD's from Amazon four days ago (August 20th). Now I know one of the CD's is a CD-R so it has to be manufactured, but there's no excuse for them to take so long with the other CDs... I've never waited this long for something to be shipped from them... and yes, I used that combine items into few shipments option...
(
That's what happens when you use their free shipping. On top of that you have to wait for the CD-R to be manufactured.

I don't understand that you complain that they didn't ship out the other CDs when you used "combine items" to get free shipping. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-25-11, 07:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Gotta love Prime. Everything comes in two days, sometimes one.
Old 08-25-11, 08:05 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
That's what happens when you use their free shipping. On top of that you have to wait for the CD-R to be manufactured.

I don't understand that you complain that they didn't ship out the other CDs when you used "combine items" to get free shipping. You get what you pay for.
this

Originally Posted by Groucho
and so fucking true on this....
Old 08-25-11, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Yep. Sorry. Get Prime. It's worth it.
Old 08-25-11, 11:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Didn't Amazon give you an estimated arrival date?
Old 08-25-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by kristina
I'm starting to get nervous though considering I've been reading a few Amazon horror stories on here. Makes me wonder if I should buy MP3s instead of CDs now. ugh!!
Same as what others have said, but
Old 08-25-11, 04:55 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My prime has been awesome, I have been getting things overnight half the time now.
Old 08-25-11, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Yup. Best $79 I've spent.
Old 08-25-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Patience is a virtue.
Old 08-26-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by danwiz
Patience is a virtue.
Patience is for slow morons; get Prime.
Old 08-26-11, 06:32 PM

yeah I've tried the trial of it before. Possibly doing another Amazon Prime Trial would've gotten items shipped faster. Also I considered that maybe since the CDs I ordered aren't Top 40 material, that could be why they take so long to ship. At least six days later they've shipped one of the three.
Old 08-26-11, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by RonG617
My prime has been awesome, I have been getting things overnight half the time now.
I'll think about it.
Old 08-26-11, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
You do realize Prime is basically paying for shipping in advance.
Old 08-26-11, 07:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
You do realize Prime is basically paying for shipping in advance.
But it's very cheap two day shipping if you order at least once a week like I do. It would equal to about 1.50 per package and I'm not including the multiple packages I order Black Friday week. Plus it now includes instant streaming movies. Most of my orders are always below the $25 that qualifies for free shipping. I think it's silly when people add stuff they don't want to make it go over the $25 free shipping option.
Old 08-28-11, 01:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Everything I get from amazon I get within 3-4 days. There is no reason to justify paying 79$ for 2 day shipping, when you can just as easily wait that extra 2 days for free.

The only benefit is you don't need to have that 25$ threshold to qualify for the free ship.
Old 08-28-11, 05:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
But it's very cheap two day shipping if you order at least once a week like I do. It would equal to about 1.50 per package and I'm not including the multiple packages I order Black Friday week. Plus it now includes instant streaming movies. Most of my orders are always below the $25 that qualifies for free shipping. I think it's silly when people add stuff they don't want to make it go over the $25 free shipping option.
I agree, I am paying for convenience. I order a ton of stuff from Amazon, from dvds to food products. I must get 3 shipments a week from them. I don't have to worry about coming up with $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping. The $79 ends up being 50 cents per shipment, plus I get everything shipped right away. Throw in free prime instant videos and it works out great for me.
Old 09-28-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn’t really want to start a new thread, but am having a real problem with Amazon right now. So I ordered an item with Prime on 9/12. The same day it went into shipping soon status. Fast forward to today, and it’s still in shipping soon status. I chatted with them five times now, and every time, they keep saying “we show a delivery date on” insert tomorrow’s date. I can’t cancel it because it’s stuck in shipping soon status and if you go to the product page it shows that it’s in stock. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-28-11, 12:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

What's the item?
Old 09-28-11, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I didn’t really want to start a new thread, but am having a real problem with Amazon right now. So I ordered an item with Prime on 9/12. The same day it went into shipping soon status. Fast forward to today, and it’s still in shipping soon status. I chatted with them five times now, and every time, they keep saying “we show a delivery date on” insert tomorrow’s date. I can’t cancel it because it’s stuck in shipping soon status and if you go to the product page it shows that it’s in stock. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Ask them for the tracking number. If it shows shipped and you are a prime member they should be able to give you a tracking number.
Old 09-28-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask them for the tracking number. If it shows shipped and you are a prime member they should be able to give you a tracking number.
That's just it, it hasn't shipped. It's just stuck in shipping soon status. So no tracking #.
Old 09-28-11, 07:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it from amazon or the marketplace? And don't tell me it's from "moviegoods". If it is you will not see your item for a month.
Old 09-28-11, 09:29 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Not a very nice thing to say to anyone.

When I order anything from Amazon, I expect it'll take at least 5 days, maybe even a week to get here, so I'm already prepared for it, and it didn't cost me $79 for them to ship it to me either. -kd5-
Old 09-29-11, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sometimes 3.....we had free Prime for a whole year, so we decided to pay for this year.

The other day I ordered 2 items ,1 should show up later today (that makes 2 days) and the other one is scheduled for tomorrow ....now I know I was never good in math but that is 3 days.

And a couple weeks ago I ordered an Item late Thursday night and did not receive it till the following Tuesday ....I thought it should have been Monday?...right ?....Friday is a business day that's 1 and then Monday is a Business day that's 2.
So the point is , that saying "you get what you pay for" is not always true.
Old 09-29-11, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Not a very nice thing to say to anyone.

When I order anything from Amazon, I expect it'll take at least 5 days, maybe even a week to get here, so I'm already prepared for it, and it didn't cost me $79 for them to ship it to me either. -kd5-
I pay zero for prime. I had Amazon Student for a year, and now I'm on Amazon Mom (Mom is a 3 month membership, but it can be extended based on your orders, I've been on it for less than a month and already earned a 4 month extension).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.