Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-12-13, 05:02 AM   #176
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Is Deep Discount DVD still reliable?

I can't think of any e-commerce sites offhand where they have a mechanism for you to delete your own account.
Old 05-13-13, 05:42 PM   #177
X
Administrator

I ordered an item that was on backorder and got charged for it the day of the order. They tried to tell me that it wasn't a charge for the item, it was a "pre-authorization". And the refund of it after the order was cancelled is going to take at least 5 business days.

I'm not happy with the way DD does business.
Old 05-14-13, 09:35 AM   #178
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
I ordered an item that was on backorder and got charged for it the day of the order. They tried to tell me that it wasn't a charge for the item, it was a "pre-authorization". And the refund of it after the order was cancelled is going to take at least 5 business days.

I'm not happy with the way DD does business.
I found that if you use Google Wallet, or whatever their online payment thing is, that you get charged when you do the order. Naturally my order was something they said was in stock until I tried to order it and a couple months had passed. Oh but it's ok because they were really sure that if I waited, they'd really get a shipment of that OOP item.
Old 09-01-13, 05:10 AM   #179
kd5
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got another one of those "We've missed you! Get $5 Off with coupon inside" emails, it expired last night. Went there last night (last chance) to see if I could use it on an item in my Wish List, it took ALL EVENING to get Deep Discount's checkout process to function properly but apparently perseverance pays off. I actually got to make the order, got a confirmation email, now it's just the waiting game. 'Course it was only actually $3.01 Off after the $1.99 shipping charge, didn't feel like spending $25 there.

My god what a PITA, just call me Glutton for Punishment.

My DVD/BD Collection
Old 10-02-13, 07:13 PM   #180

I recently made my first DD purchase in over a year, and had no trouble--two volumes of the French version of Maigret. Not exactly cheap, but a better deal than usual. I tend to rag on DD most of the time, so in fairness wanted to report a good experience.
Old 10-02-13, 09:15 PM   #181
DVD Talk Legend

I will never order from DDD again, even if my very life depended on it. I had to get AMEX to whip their conniving asses in line after they tried to screw me for a $120 order, one that was cancelled weeks before ship date and never even shipped in the first place -- but they still charged me.

After I produced a mountain of evidence to the contrary -- my original email, their acknowledgement that the order was canceled, their invoice (with no tracking number) for the $120 purchase, and my credit card statement... they basically accused me of trying to screw them out of money. I initiated a chargeback, sent AMEX all of my evidence, and the charge was reversed within 48 hours.

Fuck 'em. Never getting a cent of my business again. Caveat emptor...
Old 10-02-13, 10:21 PM   #182
DVD Talk Legend

Deep Discount is fine to order from if nothing goes wrong with the order. God help you if a mistake occurs or they screw up. They don't seem to have accounted for in their business model that sometimes things go wrong. They are ill-prepared to handle unusual problems or situations.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.
Old 01-30-14, 05:30 PM   #183
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered the Full House boxset as a Christmas gift on Dec. 1st through DDD. A few days went by and I realized that I had never gotten a confirmation for my order, although my PayPal account was charged.

I went back onto the site and saw that my order was 'backordered', with an expected ship date of 12/17. Not a big deal. 12/17 came around, and my order was still backordered, now with no expected date, so I reordered the item somewhere else, and sent a request to cancel and get my money refunded. I got an email a few days later telling me that my order was cancelled per my request and I'd have my money back in a few days.

Never got my money back, and today, a Full House boxset showed up to my door (don't need it now, 2 months later). Went onto my DDD account, and saw that even though my first order was canceled, they apparently took it upon themselves to reorder a second set for me.

Fucking idiots. Now I have to deal with returning this one and actually getting my money back.

I'd avoid these clowns. The only reason that I had ordered from them in the first place is because my usual suspects didn't have it in stock.
Old 01-31-14, 01:33 PM   #184
DVD Talk Hero

How the mighty have fallen.

I keep getting their email spam even though I've unsubscribed countless times. What the hell happened to them?

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 02-17-14, 03:16 PM   #185
DVD Talk Legend

Still...waiting...for...my...money...back.

It's now been a month and a half.
Old 02-17-14, 07:16 PM   #186
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can you call your CC company and ask for a chargeback? Assuming you used a CC through paypal.
Old 02-17-14, 08:14 PM   #187
DVD Talk Legend

Just another reason to do all your online purchases with a CC. Say what you want about AMEX, but when you initiate a chargeback and produce your documentation, they mercilessly DESTROY the wretched fuckers who tried to screw you over. Like Deep Discount. FEH.
Old 02-17-14, 08:54 PM   #188
DVD Talk Legend

I think using Paypal at Deepdiscount is a recipe asking for danger. These companies like Deepdiscount have utterly no power over Visa and the other credit card companies.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.
Old 04-17-14, 01:05 PM   #189

I made my first ever order from them yesterday evening, seasons 3 and 4 of "The Beverly Hillbillies", because they were cheaper than what Amazon is charging for them.

Got an email this morning saying my order has shipped. Faster than I expected, since I picked "standard shipping".
Old 08-17-16, 12:53 PM   #190
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't made a purchase with Discount in years. I saw a cheap copy of Raging Bull and ordered it via their Amazon profile. I looked at the tracking number on the 15th and it says "Undeliverable as Addressed." As far as I can recall, this is the first time USPS has ever told me that. Amazon doesn't know where it is; USPS doesn't know where it is; Deep Discount doesn't know where it is and they keep on telling me to contact them if it hasn't arrived until the 24th. What a pain!

Edit: Got my copy on the 19th. The address on the label was fine so I'm guessing this is the USPS' fault. I believe they updated the status by mistake.

Last edited by EinCB; 08-24-16 at 01:40 AM.