Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

GoHastings Bones Me Big Time

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It is no big reveal to say that Gohastings has the worst inventory management from an online site. I've received wrong items before, but this one really takes the cake.

Back in August, I ordered Star Trek Enterprise Season 3 and 4, used. Unfortunately for me, I accidently left their website defaulted to my parent's address, and my dvds shipped there. No biggie. I was in no hurry to watch them, and could pick them up at Thanksgiving.

To my dismay, I opened the first package, and it was Enterprise season 3 in one of those cheap ass Asian type packaging. Crappy carboard box and dvds housed in flimsy pouches.

Then the next surprise, instead of season 4, they send me Season 3 of Star Trek The Original Series! How could they make such a dumbass mistake?

The really shitty thing is I'm afraid I can't get a return because it has been several months since I made the order. Awful awful timing for them to do this shit to me, but I had faith in the company. At best, I can try to sell the season 3 set, but it is going now for bottom dollar on Amazon at 18 bucks. Damn, I'm pissed!
Old 11-30-10, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: GoHastings Bones Me Big Time

have you even bothered contacting the company to see if they will fix the problem before you bitch about them?
Old 11-30-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

With all of the complaints you seem to have about online shopping, maybe you should just stick to brick-and-mortar stores.
Old 11-30-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give them a call, don't email them. Their phone representatives are excellent at fixing problems like this, even if it's been months since you ordered. Just explain the situation, you'll be fine.
Old 11-30-10, 05:29 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

a store can't help you if you don't tell them there is a problem, and complaining about it before you even ask is in bad form.
Old 11-30-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
a store can't help you if you don't tell them there is a problem, and complaining about it before you even ask is in bad form.
Par for the course at this forum...
Old 12-01-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
It is no big reveal to say that Gohastings has the worst inventory management from an online site.
No it's not. There's another one, whose name escapes me, but they list everything, including out of print DVDs that are popular. I tried ordering one and then I eventually get an email saying it's out of stock. After a little more research, they don't indicate if they've run out of an item years earlier, they'll still list it because it could magically come back into stock.
Old 12-01-10, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
No it's not. There's another one, whose name escapes me, but they list everything, including out of print DVDs that are popular. I tried ordering one and then I eventually get an email saying it's out of stock. After a little more research, they don't indicate if they've run out of an item years earlier, they'll still list it because it could magically come back into stock.
Man, that sounds like ecampus.com. They pull exactly the sort of nonsense you're describing, not just with DVDs but books as well.
Old 12-02-10, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by bse
I certainly have a right to bitch and complain regardless if they make it right or not. Two screwups on the same order? Sending me a bootleg? It's going to take a lot to restore my faith in this company.
Old 12-02-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I accidently left their website defaulted to my parent's address, and my dvds shipped there. No biggie.

The really shitty thing is I'm afraid I can't get a return because it has been several months since I made the order. Awful awful timing for them to do this shit to me, but I had faith in the company.
There was nothing wrong with their timing. You just didn't bother to fix the address or inspect the merchandise before the return period expired. You could have asked your parents to open it and give it a look over in case of any issues, like a smashed product or something else.

I've had movies where I didn't watch them until years later and then discovered an issue. I never complained about the company when it was something I could have done to resolve the issue.
Old 12-03-10, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
There was nothing wrong with their timing. You just didn't bother to fix the address or inspect the merchandise before the return period expired. You could have asked your parents to open it and give it a look over in case of any issues, like a smashed product or something else.

I've had movies where I didn't watch them until years later and then discovered an issue. I never complained about the company when it was something I could have done to resolve the issue.

Bullshit. Excuse me for having faith in a company to actually send me a LEGAL product and not a damn bootleg. I called them, and they refused to do anything about it because the 30 days expired.
Old 12-03-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bullshit. Excuse me for having faith in a company to actually send me a LEGAL product and not a damn bootleg. I called them, and they refused to do anything about it because the 30 days expired.
Was it a used copy you ordered?

Would you expect a company to allow refunds and exchanges for a year after they sell something? 30 days is a pretty long time for a consumer to check a media purchase. Yes, it sucks to be you but I've had similar problems but I didn't blame anyone else since I didn't check the contents before the refund period ended.

While it's great to assume everything will always be right...
Old 12-03-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

you learned a valuable lesson.
Old 12-04-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
you learned a valuable lesson.
Since he's still blaming the store after all of this, I'm not quite sure about that.