Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Comcast - Triple Play, multiple prices?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-30-09, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family currently has Comcast internet & cable. We would like to do the Triple Play deal to add Comcast phone, and cancel our separate Verizon phone service to save some money. We would also like to add an HD digital box to our home.

So I call Comcast, talk to a salesman, explain what I want, and was told that all of the above would cost $124.95 a month for the first year. I didn't sign up for anything at this time, as I was mainly doing some initial research into the costs.

A few days later, I call Comcast again, to ask a few more question. A different salesman now tells me that the price of what I wanted would be $104.00 a month for the first year. Ok. Once again, I didn't sign up for anything yet, and said I was just doing more research.

A few days later, I call Comcast again, get a third salesman, who now tells me the price of what I wanted would be $130.95 a month for the first year.

Why aren't all of the Comcast salespeople on the same page? Is this normal? Do prices fluctuate from day to day? And should I keep calling different salespeople until the price drops further?

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I searched and found multiple Comcast threads spread out across the various forums here)
Old 10-31-09, 03:27 AM

Re: Comcast - Triple Play, multiple prices?

Originally Posted by Shinobi
My family currently has Comcast internet & cable. We would like to do the Triple Play deal to add Comcast phone, and cancel our separate Verizon phone service to save some money. We would also like to add an HD digital box to our home.

So I call Comcast, talk to a salesman, explain what I want, and was told that all of the above would cost $124.95 a month for the first year. I didn't sign up for anything at this time, as I was mainly doing some initial research into the costs.

A few days later, I call Comcast again, to ask a few more question. A different salesman now tells me that the price of what I wanted would be $104.00 a month for the first year. Ok. Once again, I didn't sign up for anything yet, and said I was just doing more research.

A few days later, I call Comcast again, get a third salesman, who now tells me the price of what I wanted would be $130.95 a month for the first year.

Why aren't all of the Comcast salespeople on the same page? Is this normal? Do prices fluctuate from day to day? And should I keep calling different salespeople until the price drops further?

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I searched and found multiple Comcast threads spread out across the various forums here)
to be honest it really doesn't matter what you pick because if one says 104 and its really 130, you might get billed 104 for the first month.. maybe 2 then if and when they catch the mistake you will be billed plus what you missed this happen to me, my mom, my sister and a few people i know.. if comcast didn't have the best internet in my area i would of ditched it along time ago for years now ive been battling horse shit charges on my account.
Old 10-31-09, 04:24 AM

Comcast will charge you as much as the salesperson thinks they can get from you, unless you have a specific promotion that is advertised that you can pin them down on, for instance they offer the triple play on tv all the time for $99, so after you buy it for $140, 5 minutes later you will see their ad on tv for $99. They are pricks, and this bullshit should be against the law. The only thing I ever liked about them was that up untill this FEB. you got 72 channells of basic for $8.90 a month, then they scaled it back to 32.
Old 10-31-09, 06:05 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeh when I called to get a deal for Cable & internet, i talked to like 4-5 different people. one wanted to charge me a service just to change the old resident's name into mine. After retrying a few times I found someone who will wave the few and we got free HBO on top of it. Keep calling until you get what you desire.
Old 11-01-09, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, they say different shit every time you talk to them. It gets really irritating trying to figure out what you're paying, but when its straight the service (i have triple play as well) is very reliable. HD and digital cable don't go out, internet is fast and stable, phone is phone.

If you decide to go with them and they want to charge you 130-140 just tell them a different salesman quoted you at 108, usually they'll work it.

Also, make sure you keep track of the whats getting charged on the bill, I'm sure most companies are the same with it but they charge you for tons of shit even if you don't have it. I got charged for DVR service for 8 months I didn't have it, eventually when I caught it they credited it back to me on future bill payments.
Old 11-01-09, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Yea, they say different shit every time you talk to them. It gets really irritating trying to figure out what you're paying, but when its straight the service (i have triple play as well) is very reliable. HD and digital cable don't go out, internet is fast and stable, phone is phone.

If you decide to go with them and they want to charge you 130-140 just tell them a different salesman quoted you at 108, usually they'll work it.

Also, make sure you keep track of the whats getting charged on the bill, I'm sure most companies are the same with it but they charge you for tons of shit even if you don't have it. I got charged for DVR service for 8 months I didn't have it, eventually when I caught it they credited it back to me on future bill payments.
I wish my internet didn't go out.. mine goes out all the time granted it never stays out for more then 20 minutes but it gets annoying when it cuts out over and over, once my internet cut out and it took then 6 days to come fix it.. they offer me 3 free movie vouchers for my troubles.. i pray vrizion fios gets here soon
Old 11-01-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by styl3s
I wish my internet didn't go out.. mine goes out all the time granted it never stays out for more then 20 minutes but it gets annoying when it cuts out over and over, once my internet cut out and it took then 6 days to come fix it.. they offer me 3 free movie vouchers for my troubles.. i pray vrizion fios gets here soon
Thats weird. I've had Comcast internet for a few years, its only gone out a handful of times, but never an extended period of time.
Old 11-01-09, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Thats weird. I've had Comcast internet for a few years, its only gone out a handful of times, but never an extended period of time.
i guess its my part of town because i have been using it since it started and moved 3 times and all 3 times ive had shady service, granted 2 places it didnt mess up as much but when it did go out it went out for hours and hours, i did have them completely rewire my stuff and work on the pole outside last month and since then its only cut out once *crosses fingers*

maybe ive just had faulty wiring in those places.