Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Two quick questions re FYE trade-ins...

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-02-09, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know people have mentioned this before, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. I've got some dvds I want to take to FYE for trade-ins, and I know I can check the trade-in rates online at either Wherehouse or SecondSpin, but as I recall, people have posted that one is better than the other for coming very close to matching FYE's rates, so... which one is it?

Also, I'm a Backstage Pass member, but this will be my first time trading in stuff with them - is there an extra percentage they tack on for being a member? I'm planning on getting store credit / a gift card so I can take advantage of the great 30/30 offer at Wherehouse.com, and I know they occasionally tack on an extra percentage for store credit as well. Any current trade-in specials?

Okay, that's actually three questions, but as always, I value my fellow DVDTalkers' input implicitly. Many thanks in advance!!
Old 11-02-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bwsmom
I know people have mentioned this before, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. I've got some dvds I want to take to FYE for trade-ins, and I know I can check the trade-in rates online at either Wherehouse or SecondSpin, but as I recall, people have posted that one is better than the other for coming very close to matching FYE's rates, so... which one is it? I use SecondSpin. They are usually 99% right, but sometimes they are off by a $1 or so.

Also, I'm a Backstage Pass member, but this will be my first time trading in stuff with them - is there an extra percentage they tack on for being a member? I'm planning on getting store credit / a gift card so I can take advantage of the great 30/30 offer at Wherehouse.com, and I know they occasionally tack on an extra percentage for store credit as well. Any current trade-in specials? You get 25% extra if you take store credit and they are no current trade-in specials I know of. The last one ended August 11th
Old 11-02-09, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Two quick questions re FYE trade-ins...

Thank you bigjim!! Just the info I was looking for!