Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-09, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Old 02-27-09, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quite a humorous thread...

Slurpee > ICEE any day!!
Old 02-27-09, 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=GizmoDVD;9295367]It's one thing for me to post a picture of a kids bike (judging by your writing skills and disappointment in the new Icee law at Target) QUOTE]

im guessing you've gone back and edited your posts on this thread to make it seem like your the great writer that you are.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
and its another to tell me that you are boning my mother. That only goes to help prove my point that you are likely still riding a bicycle instead of something with 4 wheels - err - car wheels.
hmmm... good point but weren't you the first that posted the picture ? weren't you the one that decided to make fun of me first ?? so that makes you "grown up" and not an 11 year old ?. Maybe i should have called you an 11 year old first rather then stating the truth about me boning your mom and maybe i could have come out the bigger person owell... hmm maybe i should have posted a picture making fun of you and maybe i would have been in the clear.

EDIT its funny how people have said "yeah get rid of him" or " whatever it takes to get him out" yet no one has said "hmm maybe if Gizmo hadn't of made fun of him first, this arguement would have never happend"

Last edited by lovgun7; 02-27-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-27-09, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I think this thread is flying under the radar here in the store forum. Definitely some comedy gold.
Why not have this in the store forum? This is about Target after all!
Old 02-27-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

[QUOTE=lovgun7;9296277]
It's one thing for me to post a picture of a kids bike (judging by your writing skills and disappointment in the new Icee law at Target) QUOTE]

im guessing you've gone back and edited your posts on this thread to make it seem like your the great writer that you are.

hmmm... good point but weren't you the first that posted the picture ? weren't you the one that decided to make fun of me first ?? so that makes you "grown up" and not an 11 year old ?. Maybe i should have called you an 11 year old first rather then stating the truth about me boning your mom and maybe i could have come out the bigger person owell... hmm maybe i should have posted a picture making fun of you and maybe i would have been in the clear.

EDIT its funny how people have said "yeah get rid of him" or " whatever it takes to get him out" yet no one has said "hmm maybe if Gizmo hadn't of made fun of him first, this arguement would have never happend"
It probably has something to do with everything that you say being immature, incomprehensive, and ending or starting nearly every new sentence with LOL (or it could be the fact that Gizmo is a seasoned veteran here and more often than not has something worthwhile to contribute). I RARELY see you contribute something worthwhile to any thread you've become a part of. I just see a lot of unintelligent banter from you, which would be fine, but hey it's the internet and I don't care.

By the way, how the fuck would the lack of being able to steal liquid sugar warrant its own thread? Who cares? If I were you I would take this "New" Target rule as a nudge towards a possibly healthier lifestyle. Why don't you slurp down a cup of water next time your perusing the DVD's?
Old 02-27-09, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

It's one thing for me to post a picture of a kids bike (judging by your writing skills and disappointment in the new Icee law at Target) QUOTE]

Here's a little info about DVDTalk:
No matter goes on, as soon as you hit "Submit Reply" the mods will see any changes. Any. So if I went like this
Originally Posted by Moopher
Gizmo is stupid and I hate him for ever. And he eats pizza cold*
The mods would know that's not a real quote since they can see every change going on. I can't say "Well Moopher edited his reply after I quoted it" because its not possible. So if you want to take any of my possible edits up with the mods feel free to.

Let's move on. This thread is stupid. It's stupid and useless. Who the hell cares if Target will no longer let you have free refills? Is that even news? Who over the age of 13 drinks Icee's? Very few people that's who. Most of know its a form of stealing when you bring an outside cup (or even one from a previous visit) and refill it. That costs the store money. How is that fair to Target?

As for my picture - it's very fitting. As I stated above, who drinks Icee's or even cares? I can actually visualize you peddling your bike with the cup taped to the handlebars. Sure, it may be a little rude, but its a joke. When you then tell me you boned my mom on it...well, that's crossing the line a bit. It went from playful banter to being downright disgusting. What if I said my mother was dead? What then?

Bottom line - you are not long for this forum if you can't take a bit of playful banter. Judging by your current posts I don't expect you to last long.

* Not a real quote. <3 Moopher
Old 02-27-09, 07:32 PM

Let's move on. This thread is stupid. It's stupid and useless.
Good point ... but if thats how you feel then why did you start posting on this thread in the first place ? you were obviously interested in it.

Sure, it may be a little rude, but its a joke, Bottom line - you are not long for this forum if you can't take a bit of playful banter. Judging by your current posts I don't expect you to last long.
maybe you should take your own advice ... it IS playful banter, we all bust balls.. do you honestly believe that i boned your mom on a kids bike ? No right ? ok then its a joke like you said sure its rude but its still a joke...

as for your mom being dead ... if she is i didn't know that ... the same why you dont know if im 11 yet you made your judgments known without knowing how old i am.

same shit ...

but hey it's the internet and I don't care.
well thats not true... or else you wouldn't waste your time attacking me on different threads trying to get a rise outta me.

Last edited by lovgun7; 02-27-09 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-27-09, 07:44 PM

It probably has something to do with everything that you say being immature, incomprehensive, and ending or starting nearly every new sentence with LOL (or it could be the fact that Gizmo is a seasoned veteran here and more often than not has something worthwhile to contribute). I RARELY see you contribute something worthwhile to any thread you've become a part of. I just see a lot of unintelligent banter from you, which would be fine, but hey it's the internet and I don't care.

By the way, how the fuck would the lack of being able to steal liquid sugar warrant its own thread? Who cares? If I were you I would take this "New" Target rule as a nudge towards a possibly healthier lifestyle. Why don't you slurp down a cup of water next time your perusing the DVD's?
You hit the nail on the head.
Old 02-27-09, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lovgun7
Good point ... but if thats how you feel then why did you start posting on this thread in the first place ? you were obviously interested in it.
I clicked because, to be 100% honest, I thought this was a joke thread. When I found at you were serious I literally laughed my ass off for for ten minutes straight. It went just like this . Yeah, that bad.
Old 02-27-09, 09:09 PM

We don't have Icee's in Canada =(

I have to get my fill of them when I vacation down south and happen to stumble upon a Target or movie theatre.

I've went into movie theatres in the U.S. and asked to be let in just to buy an Icee, they rarely believe me =(
Old 02-27-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've gotta admit, it's pretty funny that a 22 year old would be serious about this sort of thing.
Old 02-27-09, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I've never even tried an icee before. Is it similar to a slushee or something?
Old 02-27-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mhg83
I've never even tried an icee before. Is it similar to a slushee or something?
I'd say it's more like a Slusho!
Old 02-27-09, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't had an Icee/Slushee in years.

Of course, this isn't really the time of year for one with it being thirty-some degrees outside.

Maybe in June.
Old 02-28-09, 04:02 AM

I clicked because, to be 100% honest, I thought this was a joke thread. When I found at you were serious I literally laughed my ass off for for ten minutes straight. It went just like this . Yeah, that bad.
how was i serious ? dude im done with you man ill be the bigger person and walk away from your argument

as for Moopher & awil1026 you guys gotta find something better to do with your time then coming after me.

Originally Posted by Brent L
I've gotta admit, it's pretty funny that a 22 year old would be serious about this sort of thing.
EXACTLY !!!!! why do these dudes think im serious ???
Old 02-28-09, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 02-28-09, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It sure would suck if that ICEE bear was real. It would be darn near impossible for him to prepare one for you without getting hair all in it.

Although I suppose if he had an entire bear-body-net on...

Last edited by Brent L; 02-28-09 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-28-09, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can report that the Icee machine in Moorhead MN has no such sign, so I grabbed a cooler and filled it up.
Old 02-28-09, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000
I can report that the Icee machine in Moorhead MN has no such sign, so I grabbed a cooler and filled it up.
Can you send me a free refill if I send you a cup?
Old 02-28-09, 01:57 PM
Suspended

EXACTLY !!!!! why do these dudes think im serious ???
You started a thread on it. Yes, I think you are serious. Not only that, you are addicted to the liquid stuff like its heroine.
Old 02-28-09, 06:26 PM

as for Moopher & awil1026 you guys gotta find something better to do with your time then coming after me.

As opposed to you, not only making a thread about your obsession with fountain slush, but literally cruising around from icee machine to icee machine throughout the week whilst browsing DVD's...

Yes, I definetly need to reanalyze my time, thanks for the update.
Old 02-28-09, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Well simply excellent, mine does have the sign, so it looks like i'm going to come and "look" for some DVD's but maybe i'll have a icee for five while i'm there.
Old 02-28-09, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Then again if he was kidding all along, isn't that trolling? Is trolling suspendable?
I used to like Icees, never been to a 7/11 so I can't speak for Slurpees or whatever they have, but I do like the oh-so-tart lime Mr Mistys from Dairy Queen.
Old 02-28-09, 08:31 PM
Suspended

So I went to Target today to pick up some things...and yep, I looked at the Icee machine. No sign. Phew. Perhaps we should start a list of all the stores without signs? Maybe someone would like to get the phone book out and call them all? I want to make sure we are all kept abreast on this very serious situation.
Old 02-28-09, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

These are hard economic times.....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.