Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Toys 'R Us Customer Service is top notch.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-01-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

A while ago I found a TRU giftcard ($50 original on it). I was almost sure I had used it up so I called to ask what the balance was, and the lady said the information would get to me in the mail. Well I ended up getting another giftcard as a replacement with 20 cents on it and a letter apologizing for any inconvenience caused by not being able to use my giftcard. Kind of silly, but I loved the letter. So even though it was a mix-up in what I wanted, the tone of the whole transaction was pleasant.

Today I went to use a MS Live points card (1600 pts) that I bought for $14.69 shipped (after tax and shipping) back in October. I scratched it too hard with a pair of scissors and the number itself got scratched off. I called MS first and they said the retailer had to take care of it, so I called TRU. They are sending me a new one, but he couldn't find the exact sale code I used so he had to give it to me for $13.69 shipped. I told him I could live with that. I'm getting a SASE to send the damaged card back.

Very happy with TRU, they know how to take care of the customer
Old 03-01-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MS makes points cards that you have to scratch to reveal the code? All the ones I've used, either GOLD sub. or MS Points, have that tear away strip on the back.
Old 03-01-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, they do have scratch cards.
Old 03-02-08, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem with scratching MS points. The interesting thing about this one is it happened on Thanksgiving and the guy at MS sat with my and let me give him the numbers I still had and he tried every possible combination of numbers with the ones I had to find what my card number was. I couldn't believe it! Talk about great CS! Usually my calls to MS are much more painful.
Old 03-02-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the MS guy suggested going through the possibilities until I told him 10 of 25 numbers were scratched off
Old 03-03-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzfan84
I had the same problem with scratching MS points. The interesting thing about this one is it happened on Thanksgiving and the guy at MS sat with my and let me give him the numbers I still had and he tried every possible combination of numbers with the ones I had to find what my card number was. I couldn't believe it! Talk about great CS! Usually my calls to MS are much more painful.
Depending on how many numbers were illegible, isn't there the possibility that you would put in a code that some other card would try to use at a later date?