Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Freakin Amazon!!! Customer Service Rant

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had ordered 2 sweatshirts from amazon. One of them was ok, but the other, the emblem on the sweatshirt was much smaller than it looked in the picture. I ended up returning that small emblem one. I get an email today saying that my refund will be processed of $17.40. I paid $20.08 for it including taxes. I call Amazon and it takes the CSR 30 minutes to figure out that the refund is wrong. The only thing he kept doing was stating how 'returns' work at Amazon. Then I would explain it to him again, he would put me on hold for about 2-3 mins and repeat the cycle. I explained it to him 5 times, over and over again. Argh! That was frustrating!
Old 12-04-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They don't hire MENSA members for CSR? Shocking!
Old 12-04-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just had a big go around with them. I ordered a A35 HDDVD yesterday. Today I get an email, small price drop plus 3 free DVD's from the list. I call Amazon for the price match and he says you have to return the other one and rebuy it. Great, that will cost $30 in shipping both ways so they're not really free. I asked fior the supervisor and was on hold for several minutes. After he picks up, he tells me the deal has disappeared from the website so Ican't have the deal at all. My link was still active so I was able to re-order the new player with the free DVD's but I was suprised at how they were looking for ways to not give me a deal they sent me an email for.
Old 12-04-07, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the flip side (granted it's still on going so we'll see how it finally resolves), I was able to return my Xbox 360 w/o much hassle. I contacted them about a month and half after purchasing it explaining some problems I was having w/ it. I expected them to tell me to contact MS since it was more than a month, but they didn't. Since they didn't have it in stock though they offered a refund instead of a replacement. I told them I wanted to wait until I ordered a memory module from them to off load the saved games, they said sure and extended the wait time for shipment back to them until it was in. I just dropped it in the mail yesterday so how the rest of the return processing goes we'll see, but no complaints here.
Old 12-04-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah there is good and bad with Amazon. Generally, it's been good for me. This one instance though really frustrated me. Oh well, you win more than you lose, so I am ok with it.
Old 12-05-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazon is apparently outsourcing their customer service to Deep Discount
Old 12-05-07, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you made the mistake of ordering anything during the week leading up to Thanksgiving( on Monday, for example), Amazon immediately froze your order in the shipping soon state regardless of the shipping method selected. Assuming it was a Super-Saver order, they then proceeded to take two days to put it in a box and issue a tracking number - making sure to get everything done before the BF rush. They then sat on that packed, labeled, and ready to ship box for six days before letting the UPS guy pick it up.

I have never seen such manipulative bullshit in my life. The part that really compounds my frustration is that I made a mistake in my order and was prevented from correcting it just 30 seconds after I clicked the submit button. I couldn't really fault them if things had shipped instantly as they suggested - but since they were obviously just jerking customers around with this whole process, it will probably be a long time before I buy anything from them that isn't a price mistake.
Old 12-05-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Amazon is apparently outsourcing their customer service to India.

Fixed, and not to be funny.

I've lost count on how many times I have to repeat myself with these people. And no, I don't have a stutter or lisp.