Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Received empty box from BestBuy.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-27-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Placed an order on BestBuy.com this past week for Disney's Talespin Vol. 1 which was on sale. This morning I had a box in the mail from Best Buy, but it was empty (aside from a packlist card, and a merchandise return card). It doesn't appear that the box had been tampered with. I just sent an email to customer service explaining the situation.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just wondering if they will give me any problems about sending a replacement.
Old 10-27-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had it happen to me but you probably shouldn't have opened it (since it obviously felt very light) and taken it to a B&M to show them. Sometimes the shipping invoice will show a specific weight and maybe from this they can determine it was empty.
Old 10-27-07, 08:14 PM
Zbu

An empty box? Probably a goof-up, but if they give you hell I'd be on the phone to my CC's customer service so fast....
Old 10-27-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a problem once with a BestBuy.com order, according to the tracking information they delivered it to someone else's house so I called right after I saw the error. They wanted me to go up and down the street, knock on doors, and ask if someone had my package.

After waiting a week or so they finally mailed me a letter that I had to sign and mail back stating that I never received the package. All the phone conversations were pure Hell because of the outsourced customer support.
Old 10-28-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by grenier
I had a problem once with a BestBuy.com order, according to the tracking information they delivered it to someone else's house so I called right after I saw the error. They wanted me to go up and down the street, knock on doors, and ask if someone had my package.
are you serious?!
Old 10-28-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by atari2600
are you serious?!
Yup, I thought they were kidding when they told me that.
Old 10-28-07, 11:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I'm pretty sure posting here about it isn't going to rectify the situation one way or the other.
Old 10-28-07, 12:06 PM

I had a similar situation when a mailer arrived from Buy.com with only one of two DVDs I ordered in it. At first I thought It had been tampered with; turns out the mailer was never sealed. I guess one DVD slipped out in transit. I emailed Buy.com customer service and within a day they mailed out a replacement. I've found most vendors are responsive to claims if you're polite about your problem. Heck, I had a whole box of 14 DVDs that never arrived from DD; and they resolved it after a phone call. In that case emails didn't work; had to call.
Old 10-28-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pmreed
I've found most vendors are responsive to claims if you're polite about your problem.
I was very polite with Best Buy, I know you're probably not implying otherwise, but it was annoying that they didn't seem to believe me.
Old 10-28-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I just recieved a copy of the paperback book "girls", Instead of my jungle book lithographs. Barnes and nobles basically told me to send the book back and re-order the item, and when said re-order happens they will upgrade my shipping to the next best option....what a bunch of champs, I say!
Old 10-31-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After a couple emails back and forth, Best buy is sending me out a replacement. So unless it shows up empty as well, it looks like things might work out.
Old 10-31-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That happened with FRY'S.com before....sent me an empty box, they may me reorder the product, then they credited my account for the "lost" product. It was quite a hassle as I had two charges on my account for a while.