Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Returns - Postage Needed?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I need to return something from the recent 20% off sale. There is a flimsy return "label" on the packing list (it's not even a label, it's just a piece of paper). It doesn't say anything about DDD paying for postage or anything, though. I suppose I could request a return label, but you are supposed to use the one that comes with the package.

Anyone returned anything to DDD recently?
Old 06-22-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numes,

Give DD a call or send them an email regarding the return. They'll provide an RMA number for the specific item that you want to return and a PDF'd Return Label, that will take care of the return postage.
Old 06-22-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Numes
I need to return something from the recent 20% off sale... Anyone returned anything to DDD recently?
Well I think the results depends on the reason. First call to get the RMA. Then depending on the reason for the return, they will either e-mail you a prepaid media mail (USPS) label or if there was no fault on their part, you may be responsible for shipping. I've only returned discs that were defective, box set seriously damaged in shipping, etc. so they provided free return shipping.
Old 06-23-07, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just follow the rules on the website:

RETURN POLICY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you find that you need to return an item, please review the complete details of our return policy below to determine if any special return conditions apply.

Items may be returned within 30 days of the ship date for a refund. If you would like to replace the item you have returned, please place a new order. While most items are returnable, they are subject to the following guidelines:

Defective, Damaged or Misshipped Items

You will receive a refund for the item(s) and shipping and handling costs for defective, damaged or misshipped items. For all other items, shipping and handling costs cannot be refunded. (Note: Return shipping cost refunds are calculated using the lowest cost shipping method. Items returned via expedited shipping methods will only be refunded an amount equal to the lowest cost shipping method).

Proper Conditions for Return and Credit

Returned merchandise must be in new condition with its original packing and accessories intact or it may be subject to a restocking fee.

How-To

When making a return, place the item in the box it arrived in and send it back to us via USPS Parcel Post. For your convenience, please use the label on the back of your packing slip. Don't forget to include a brief note stating the reason for the return and if you'd like an exchange or replacement.

Return your package to the address below:

DeepDiscount.com
900 N Rohlwing Rd
Itasca IL 60143

If you are returning your item for a replacement or an exchange, your credit card statement will indicate a credit followed by a charge for the new transaction.

If you wish to only receive a refund for your unopened merchandise, the refund to your credit card will be made when your return is processed in our warehouse. Shipping & Handling is non-refundable.
Old 06-23-07, 07:39 AM

On defective items they have always emailed me the postage paid label while I was still on the phone with the CSR. If you are sending it back because you just don't want it, you have to pay the postage.
Old 06-23-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gerry P.
Just follow the rules on the website:

When making a return, place the item in the box it arrived in and send it back to us via USPS Parcel Post. For your convenience, please use the label on the back of your packing slip. Don't forget to include a brief note stating the reason for the return and if you'd like an exchange or replacement.
I was specifically asking about the rules on the website. If you use the label on the back of the packing slip, it has no "postage paid" or anything like that. I am returning a DVD in which the case was broken (and the DVD is severely scratched). If you "follow the rules on the website," you end up having to pay postage.

I have sent an e-mail to DDD and am awaiting a printable return label. Thanks for everyone's comments.
Old 06-24-07, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Numes
I was specifically asking about the rules on the website. If you use the label on the back of the packing slip, it has no "postage paid" or anything like that. I am returning a DVD in which the case was broken (and the DVD is severely scratched). If you "follow the rules on the website," you end up having to pay postage.
The rules say "you will receive a refund for the item(s) and shipping and handling costs for defective, damaged or misshipped items."

In other words, you pay for shipping then they refund the shipping cost once the item is exchanged.
Old 06-24-07, 08:46 AM

If you have a defective item, do not email, call customer service and they will email a postage paid label instantly to you. I have never had to pay postage on returns of defective items.
Old 06-24-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
In other words, you pay for shipping then they refund the shipping cost once the item is exchanged.
You do not have to bother with paying as long as you use the label they e-mail upon notification. It's a USPS Media Mail label so you'll have to go to the Post Office to play it safe. Very rarely, some people have complained about DD saying they never received it and refusing to issue credit but I think they'll always finally apply credit if you press them to. Lost mail is extremely rare but some people use UPS for that reason (I never do).
Old 06-27-07, 01:28 AM

Only one DVD in my order wasn't damaged - granted, I didn't order much, but 4 broken cases/scratched DVDs out of 5 is pretty bad. And to think I still have part of my order to receive (which I hope is in acceptable condition).

I'll definitely be calling then for the .pdg postage thing...
Old 07-03-07, 08:18 PM

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. One of the DVDs I got from DeepDiscount last week was a floater. It was pretty scratched up and wouldn't play. I didn't realize you could call customer service and get a mailing label. I read the return policy on their web site, and paid the shipping to mail it back, assuming I would be reimbursed. They credited me for the price of the DVD, but I didn't receive the credit for the shipping charges. I sent them an email about this yesterday - hopefully I'll get my money back.
Old 07-11-07, 04:49 PM

Keep it in mind for next time dvdhook - I didn't know about calling them before either. I called them and they were super nice about it and I shipped it right back with the postage paid label. Hopefully the replacements aren't floaters too!
Old 07-13-07, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by macsmotel
Keep it in mind for next time dvdhook - I didn't know about calling them before either. I called them and they were super nice about it and I shipped it right back with the postage paid label. Hopefully the replacements aren't floaters too!
Yep, if it ever happens again, I'm definitely calling first.

It took a lot of work, but I was finally reimbursed for the shipping. I got a response to my e-mail telling me to call customer service. When I called, the operator asked me to fax her a copy of my shipping receipt, which I did. A couple of days later, my account was credited. It was only 2 bucks, but it's the principle. Or maybe I'm just cheap.