Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-06, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm.

Mine's seemed to be that the return by mail gets my DVD out the same day BB receives it.

The ones returned in-store, it seemed to take an extra day or 2 before they send out the next DVD.

For instance as a test, on Sat I've returned one DVD by mail. Returned 2 in-store on Sat afternoon as well.

Come Monday, the DVD mailed back is cleared from queue and next DVD sent out. The 2 in-store returns, got one mailed out Monday late evening (strange, never had anything mailed out after 6 or 7 PM) and the other one mailed out Tuesday late afternoon.

I kept checking my queue to see if anything got shipped out so that is how I know the appr. time the DVD went out.

So those of you who return in-store one day and get new movies out the next business day seemed to be lucky.
Old 11-08-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
its not working the way its supposed to.
i returned an in store yesterday morning and it still ahsnt cleared the next dvd
Old 11-08-06, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I returned two in-store yesterday around 11am. One new dvd was shipped last evening and the second one was shipped today.
Old 11-08-06, 09:46 PM
Cool New Member

I just signed back up with BB and I can't wait to get my movies. Bye Bye Netflix...
Old 11-09-06, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I returned a film yesterday before noon. Nothing was shipped out. Nothing has shipped out today. I could have put it in the mailbox yesterday and it would have been checked back in quicker.
Old 11-09-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Maybe they're having a glitch for yesterday. I returned 2 yesterday at 10:10a, and still waiting on something to ship out.
Old 11-09-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cmleidi
I returned a film yesterday before noon. Nothing was shipped out. Nothing has shipped out today. I could have put it in the mailbox yesterday and it would have been checked back in quicker.
This happens to me even when I mail it in. I know they say they don't throttle people, but I strongly believe they do.
Old 11-09-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
#1-4 were available now, and I got #6 shipped. Still waiting for one more to leave the nest.
Old 11-09-06, 05:52 PM

Now it looks like it might be working. Last 2 times, return in-store in the evening. And then next day, still show in queue but another movie gets shipped out.
Old 11-10-06, 08:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Over the past week I've turned in about 4 or 5 to the store. I turned in 1 yesterday and nothing shipped, the last 4 (including the 1 yesterday but that's expected) I've turned in haven't cleared the queue yet, I seem to be held up at 6 in the number shipped (twice my normal limit of 3). We'll see what happens today though....

An interesting by-product I've noticed already, or maybe it's just coincidence, is my Netflix (yes I do both ) processing/turn around has dropped too. Instead of a movie getting checked in and the queue sitting around most of the day (or sometimes until the next day) as "we're going to ship one soon", it almost immediately has a replacement movie in the slot.

Last edited by nemein; 11-10-06 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-13-06, 05:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
Over the past week I've turned in about 4 or 5 to the store. I turned in 1 yesterday and nothing shipped, the last 4 (including the 1 yesterday but that's expected) I've turned in haven't cleared the queue yet, I seem to be held up at 6 in the number shipped (twice my normal limit of 3). We'll see what happens today though....
The last 3 I've turned in (1 a day last Thur, Fri, Sat) still haven't cleared my Q AND only 1 replacement has shipped and that was today (usually if there is nothing new in the Q by this time it means it hasn't shipped today so I can only assume the one that shipped was the replacement for the item turned in on Thurs). So far I have to say this new scheme (including problems w/ the Q, which now seem to just be limited to unavailable titles which is workable but not desirable) is making me more likely to drop BB...
Old 11-13-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Used this service for the first time over the weekend. I've had 2 online rentals since the beginning of the month. I returned them yesterday afternoon. It must've been before 2 P.M. I now have shipment of 2 more DVDs online. I also got my 2 FREE rentals yesterday as well.

Not sure if the online discs will arrive tomorrow. The e-mails came in after noon, a couple of hours apart.
Old 11-13-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder if this is going to result in stores just stripped of new release DVDs?

I've been doing the "movie pass" thing at blockbuster for a few months now.. I can't help but notice that some new release films are just not in the store for what seems like over month in some case. The stock falling victim to no late fees, being able to 'buy' anything you rent, movie pass users who keep films etc..

now they are looking to throw in random 3+ out for the mail-order people too? I keep picturing walking in and the only films left are "Battlefield Earth" and the grand master works of the Wayans' bothers and Uwe Boll..

guess we wait and see..
wife "What films did you get?"
husband "Errr let see, we got Battlefield Earth again, BloodRayne and White Chicks"
Old 11-13-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
I keep picturing walking in and the only films left are "Battlefield Earth" and the grand master works of the Wayans' bothers and Uwe Boll..

guess we wait and see..
wife "What films did you get?"
husband "Errr let see, we got Battlefield Earth again, BloodRayne and White Chicks"
They were all out of "Little Man" at my BB. Wasn't something I was looking to get though.
Old 11-13-06, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
They were all out of "Little Man" at my BB. Wasn't something I was looking to get though.
I hang my head in shame!!!

Old 11-14-06, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I sign in to the website, I check the box to remember me. However, whenever I revisit the website, it doesn't remember me and I have to sign in again. This happens with both IE and Firefox. Does anybody else have this problem?
Old 11-14-06, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eatntae
When I sign in to the website, I check the box to remember me. However, whenever I revisit the website, it doesn't remember me and I have to sign in again. This happens with both IE and Firefox. Does anybody else have this problem?
Yup, happens to me too.
Old 11-14-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Went to my account this morning to print my free in-store rental coupon for this week (11/13-11/19) and there was another link for another free in-store rental however that was dated 11/14-12/13. So we are still getting a free in-store rental but its one a month instead of one every week. No surprise there.

So far this new deal has been good to me, brought in six DVDs, the DVDs from my queue were listed as worst as shipped the next day and I received them in the mail the next day. Guess I've been a lucky one.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-14-06 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-14-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Went to my account this morning to print my free in-store rental coupon for this week (11/13-11/19) and there was another link for another free in-store rental however that was dated 11/14-12/13. So we are still getting a free in-store rental but its one a month instead of one every week. No surprise there.

So far this new deal has been good to me, brought in six DVDs, the DVDs from my queue were listed as worst as shipped the next day and I received them in the mail the next day. Guess I've been a lucky one.

LB...
We still get the weekly print out coupon just like before PLUS a monthly one.
Old 11-14-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I turned in 3 today at the store. So far, two new discs have already shipped out. Definitely better than last week's results.
Old 11-14-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
It is a brand new program, and a major change to their business; I think a few kinks the first few weeks are understandable.
Old 11-14-06, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by dtcarson
It is a brand new program, and a major change to their business; I think a few kinks the first few weeks are understandable.
I especially like the kink that although I have the 3 at a time plan I currently have 4 online movies out. Turned in 3 at the store on saturday, got one in the mail monday and three more today.
Old 11-14-06, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, the third replacement disc has just shipped. Now if only I could get them to ship from the top of my queue.
Old 11-14-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rw2516
I especially like the kink that although I have the 3 at a time plan I currently have 4 online movies out. Turned in 3 at the store on saturday, got one in the mail monday and three more today.
A few weeks before it started, I was having around 12 out at a time.
Old 11-16-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Now if only I could get them to ship from the top of my queue.
Same thing here - I asked one of the workers at my BB store about this and he suggested to report the problem and they will send you the disc. In my case its frustrating since its Disc #3 of a TV series and they wounded up skipping it over twice to send me another DVD with one of the skips being them sending me Disc #4 of that TV series. So I reported that problem today and hopefully they send me Disc #3 sometime in the next couple of days.

Now when it comes to how many free in-store rental coupons we will be getting, I ask the same worker about this and rw2516 is correct and we will still get the free weekly in-store rental plus one monthy in-store rental. He thinks this won't last though and it will eventually revert to either one free in store rental every two weeks or one free in-store rental every month.

LB...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.