Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
Sometimes they ship from a B&M BBV store "near" you. Started that sometime last year I think.
Old 02-17-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still waiting on my "Short Wait" The Wire Season 2 from six weeks ago when I signed up. I sent them two emails and got the typical bullshit responses. Watching this show and other TV shows was the reason I signed up for this stupid service to begin with. I'm giving them another week before I bounce.
Old 02-19-07, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Steam
I'm still waiting on my "Short Wait" The Wire Season 2 from six weeks ago when I signed up. I sent them two emails and got the typical bullshit responses. Watching this show and other TV shows was the reason I signed up for this stupid service to begin with. I'm giving them another week before I bounce.
Get use to it. BBO is s...l...o...w...w...w...
Old 02-25-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
Get use to it. BBO is s...l...o...w...w...w...
No shit. I give them a week to get me what I signed up for or I bounce. I don't have the patience for this crap.
Old 02-27-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Blockbuster is going to work on the distribution center issues.

I know I've complained about them skipping my AVAILABLE movies in my Queue because they are not at the closest distribution center. I've had Bable [HD] and Saw III [BD] sitting at AVAILABLE and they skipped them over about 4 times now.

However, now if you seems the FAQ, they say they are working to resolve this. Hopefully they give you an option to wait an extra day for a movie you REALLY want.

However, If I complain they usually send me free rental coupons (which I use for games...so I win that way). My two free games a month have turned into 3 or 4 sometimes.
Old 02-27-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
They just skipped over the first 29 things in my queue to send me Battlestar Galactica. It's not like I mind, other than I'm sure the next thing they send me won't be disc two of Battlestar, unless I bump it up.
Old 02-28-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
Well here's my first issue with Blockbuster Online. My free month went great. Stuff shipped in a timely fashion. However now my free membership is up, and the problems start. I returned movies to Blockbuster on Saturday. It did not clear my queue until yesterday (Tuesday). Nothing has shipped as of today (Wednesday). I had complained about the queue thing Monday by clicking on the "problems with DVD" button or whatever it is called.

However I complained about the queue thing yesterday because even after clicking that button it still didn't clear, and received a free coupon. The queue is cleared, but nothing has shipped. Complained about the fact that still nothing is showing up on my shipped list and received another free coupon today. Let's see if they can make it three in a row.
Old 02-28-07, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Well here's my first issue with Blockbuster Online. My free month went great. Stuff shipped in a timely fashion. However now my free membership is up, and the problems start.
This has been my experience as well. I'm on my 2nd paid month and have been only getting about 3 movies sent to me a week, which is much less than I had during my promo month. I last returned movies in-store on Friday, then went home and cleared them from my queue using the "returned but not cleared" function. They cleared fine but here I am on Wednesday afternoon with nothing shipped out of my >100 movie queue with all sorts of available discs near the top. They'll be ponying up a free coupon after I complain later tonight if nothing sends this afternoon.
Old 02-28-07, 04:39 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by phattyphat69
They'll be ponying up a free coupon after I complain later tonight if nothing sends this afternoon.
I have been with an empty queue since Saturday. It has been getting worse and worse ever since TA started. I complain usually once a week. It has gotten so that I don't even bother reading the response anymore. I can almost quote the response from them word for word. All I do is open the e-mail just to get the coupon.

I don't know how much longer I am going to put up with their nonsense. I am actually getting fewer movies with TA then I used to before TA.
Old 02-28-07, 06:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I've been having a lot of problems with them checking things back in. When I do it "in store" it takes 3 days for them to ship. If I just drop it in the mail myself, they get it the next day and usually ship the next one that day. My local store is horrible, they never have any new releases, and they constantly fail to scan in returns, so I always get the automated call that I have had something out for more than a week and I will get charged. I then have to go down to the store and point it out to them on the shelf so they can scan it back in. I'm going back to Netflix. I really only want 3 movies a week at this point, so I shouldn't have any problems with the throttling.
Old 03-01-07, 10:47 AM

Returned 3 movies in-store on Tuesday and as of today my shipping queue is empty. I have a feeling with all the additional customers lured in by the TA promotion that BBO cannot keep up with the demand of sending out movies. What link are customers using to get the free coupon from BBO?

Last edited by FILMCZY; 03-01-07 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-01-07, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.blockbuster.com/help/contactUs

Explain your problem to them, they will usually give you an instore certificate for each DVD that you were promised.

In my response email on tuesday, I was told that there was a program glitch. Has ANYONE been sent anything this week?
Old 03-01-07, 11:28 AM

I am still getting movies sent..
I wait till about midnight the day I turn them in & then report them "returned but not recieved"
thats what I've been doing about 75% of the time the past 3 months..
Old 03-01-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still have nothing showing up in my shipped menu. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I just wrote to them again, so I expect my free coupon soon, but it's still annoying. I'm going to end up with so many of them I'm going to stand outside of BB and sell them for half of what a rental costs to people walking by.
Old 03-01-07, 02:51 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I still have nothing showing up in my shipped menu. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.
That's an understatement. I am going to be getting a grand total of 0 movies in the mail this week.

All this nonsense makes me think it is a brilliant idea they have of making the store return a premium service.
Old 03-01-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nothing shipped for me this week too (so far). thought it was just me. called up CS and got a few free coupons. i'm not happy since i would normally be able to get the online movies and than IN ADDITION also get free instore rentals for trading in the online rentals.
Old 03-01-07, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by runner001
nothing shipped for me this week too (so far). thought it was just me. called up CS and got a few free coupons. i'm not happy since i would normally be able to get the online movies and than IN ADDITION also get free instore rentals for trading in the online rentals.
What's the phone number to CS? Maybe if we barrage them with calls they'll get their act together.
Old 03-01-07, 04:15 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
What's the phone number to CS? Maybe if we barrage them with calls they'll get their act together.
Couldn't hurt, the amount of emails they must be getting certainly doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Old 03-01-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess they decided that they were giving up on that quick e-mail response as I didn't get one back from their customer service today.
Old 03-01-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

its on their website. 1.866.692.2789 choose option "5" for customer rep.

expect a long ass wait. i got in my car, drove to the supermarket, shopped, got on line to pay, and THEN someone came on the phone.

the rep tried to convince me that the problem was MY fault. i report my DVDs as returned but not yet cleared my queue. she said that this causes a delay b/c then they wait until the DVD has been received before the ship the next one. the fact that i've done this many times before in the past and never had a week long delay only served to prove her point. apparently since i do this so often, they flagged my account (mind you, she didn't mention any of this until i volunteered info) since I could be keeping the DVDs.

when I pointed out that every DVD has always been received (no lost DVDs), we wind up back in the beginning of the story. around and around we go. ...eventually, I said that bottom line is I haven't received any DVDs in a week, what can she do for me.

" I can issue you 2 free instore coupons"
"Even though I have 3 out at a time?"
"let me check with my supervisor to see if I can issue you three"
"Okay, 3 coupons will be sent to your email."
Old 03-01-07, 05:30 PM
Cool New Member

Checking out the I Hate Blockbuster forum it looks like many of us haven't received movies in the past week at all. Ridiculous. Couple this major glitch (which they have yet to even admit to) and their great idea of possibly charging extra to use the Total Access program, I just might be limping back to Netflix with my tail between my legs before long.
Old 03-01-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is interesting about flagging the account, but it would be nice if they let us know. It's not my fault they suck at clearing queue items when they promise clearing that day or the next.
Old 03-01-07, 06:36 PM

I've received two movies this week, just got one today in fact. Didn't realize there was a problem.
Old 03-01-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 373 Likes on 241 Posts
No movies for me this week, I guess. Returned Saturday night at my local store, and here it is Thursday, and they're still showing up in my queue. I reported them as returned, but it will be Friday or Saturday before anything ships.
Old 03-01-07, 09:15 PM
Cool New Member

Well, I just got my complaint email back with 3 coupons this time, and STILL nothing shipped.

Honestly, it isn't even about the free rentals anymore. It is about my queue sitting empty since Monday morning.

I can just imagine who many free coupons they have given out this week. I assume they think that handing out free coupons like candy will placate everyone. Boy are they wrong, I for one am going to send a complaint everyday until I get what I am paying for.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.