Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by innocentfreak
Yeah I have already sent them two emails on the subject. I have returned multiple movies in store the past two weeks and it always takes 2 days to ship the next movie. This is slower than if I mailed them back myself. I have a feeling I will be canceling once my free trial is over.

I noticed it was taking forever too, so now whenever I return a DVD to the store, I go online and click on "Report Problem" next to the title I returned and select "I returned the DVD but it has not cleared my queue."

It will get cleared immediately and then usually within a few of hours they ship my next disc.

Its annoying that it takes this extra step given that in their documentation it says it should be immediately marked as returned on your queue, but at least this is a faster turn-around than waiting for BBV to receive the film back.
Old 01-19-07, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by innocentfreak
Yeah I have already sent them two emails on the subject. I have returned multiple movies in store the past two weeks and it always takes 2 days to ship the next movie. This is slower than if I mailed them back myself. I have a feeling I will be canceling once my free trial is over.
I have had the same problem. Within the past two weeks I have had the following problems:
- Claimed I sent back a non-Blockbuster disc, yet they never returned anything to me
- Did not check in two additional discs I sent, from the same tv set as the disc mentioned above. I had to use the Report a Problem to clear all of these from my queue.
- Mysteriously sent me a disc in an envelope that could not be scanned by the store, which of course meant they wouldn't let me trade it for an in-store rental
- I had to mail back the unscannable disc myself, which was actually checked in sooner than the ones I returned to the store
- Discs I return to the store have gone from a 1 day turnaround time to a 2 or 3 day turnaround.

I definitely feel like my account has been throttled. Just out of curiosity, which store in Tampa are you returning to? I'm taking mine to the Blockbuster on Gandy. I'm assuming this is a .com issue, but I wonder if the actual store shares any of the blame.
Old 01-19-07, 12:32 PM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Brett
I noticed it was taking forever too, so now whenever I return a DVD to the store, I go online and click on "Report Problem" next to the title I returned and select "I returned the DVD but it has not cleared my queue."

It will get cleared immediately and then usually within a few of hours they ship my next disc.
I was doing this as well since it was taking several days for them to recognize that I had returned a movie to the store. It still took them quite a while to get to sending out new ones though.

But today I was trying to do the same thing and it's telling me that I can't report a movie as returned because it's still on its way to me even though its expected to be received date is listed as yesterday, I got the movie two days ago, and I returned it to the store yesterday.
Old 01-19-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 441 Posts
i work at a bbv.

we a practiclly being forced into begging people to sign up for tis thing right in the store.

while many people are using and having problems, it's the regulars who come in that after siging up are having the most difficulty.

these people just want to come in the store and walk around for half hr or so to kill some time and pick out a few movies.

i almost feel guilty getting some of these people to sign up.

i've had a free 3 out total per month for about 3 months now
and since total access has started not one single dvd has cleared my Q until
it arrived at the warehouse or i reported it as not cleared my Q.

the new web site is too hard for most of these people to figure out.

people cant find new releases or the coming next week list.
Old 01-19-07, 01:10 PM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
Yeah, I saw an interview with BBV's CEO the other day and he was bragging how many new customers they got with the Total Access program. Many more then expected. I saw two things wrong with this.

First, there are a huge number of non-paying customers doing the trial. I wonder what the conversion rate to paying customer is? I really wanted the CEO to be asked how many of the Total Access customers he was so proudly bragging about actually paid anything.

Second, I'm sure this has taken a toll on their infrastructure. The instore return system seems to have broken and DVD availability sure has gone downhill.
Old 01-19-07, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
i've had a free 3 out total per month for about 3 months now
and since total access has started not one single dvd has cleared my Q until
it arrived at the warehouse or i reported it as not cleared my Q.
thats the idea..
1. when you return a movie in store you get a free rental.
2. with-in 24 hours the next movie in you're Q should ship
3. the movie you returned does not come out of you're Q until it is recieved at the warehouse.

my shipped Q usualy shows 6 movies..I am on the 3 movie plan...

WHOTONY you're post doesn't make sence unless I'm reading it wrong...

yes I report movie's as shipped & not recieved around noon or midnight depending on when I returned it in store.
Old 01-19-07, 05:46 PM
Cool New Member

Just trying to gather some more data as I try to decide whether I should roll my free trial over into a month to month. Anyone else have problems with BB shipping movies that are not at the top of your queue? I seem to consistently receive movies that are in the #3-6 range of my queue rather than getting the movies at the top that I would rather have shipped.
Old 01-19-07, 05:46 PM

I've been doing Netflix & Blockbuster (even Wal-marts before Netflix bought them) for over 2 years now... so I think I know what i'm talking about..
I live in Dayton, Ohio near a Netflix hub my turn around was like 1/2 to 1 day
Blockbuster's hub is in Penn (I think) so it takes 1 to 2 days
Netflix was my source for new movies..
Blockbuster was my soure for TV shows & special editions that netflix does not get..(I got tired of buying SE's that were crap so I started to screen them to see which ones I really wanted..

now I only use BB total access its cheeper per disc & other than managing my Q a little more I get every thing I want .. new movies in store & all the other stuff online..
Old 01-19-07, 05:53 PM

phattyphat69
a lot of the new stuff at the top of my Q still says "coming soon" so they get skipped but everything else goes down the list
notes..
1. if is a set & you add it as a block they will send them in order if disc 1 is out they don't send any of that blocked set..
2. I do not use the online service for new releases... I have heard about throtling problems like you'res but only on new movies..
try to get the new ones in store..
Old 01-19-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what doesnt make sense?

instead of clear my Q i mean it does not show in my Q as returned right away or even the next business day as its is supposed to.

i can "rent" a total of 3 dvds during a 1 month period.
not counting free in store coupon for envelope.
i think this is the 5.99 plan.
free for me as employee.

Last edited by whotony; 01-19-07 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-20-07, 12:38 AM

Glad I am not the only one.

Seemed to have started about 2 weeks ago. Turnaround time for in store returns changed from 1 day to 2 or 3 days for me as well.

I had to email BBO to force the next shipment or report DVD as returned but haven't clear queue. Other times, the DVD was receive the same day that I have reported DVD return but haven't cleared queue. So I'm thinking BBO have to actually receive the DVD before shipping next DVD.

Anyhow, after many many emails to complain, finally one CSR said that they are aware there is a problem and they are working to resolve it. My guess is that they did some upgrade or maintenance 2 weeks ago and cause this "glitch" or problem as most people seemed to have encountered this issue 2 weeks ago.

I have one question concerning reporting DVD as returned but not cleared queue. If I keep doing this until it is fixed back to the next day turnaround, what will BBO do? Would they flag you as cheating or something?
Old 01-20-07, 03:08 AM
Cool New Member

BB flag someone has cheating? HAHAHAHA BB, never. Netfilx, ALL THE TIME.
Old 01-20-07, 04:54 PM

WHOTONY

3. the movie you returned does not come out of you're Q until it is recieved at the warehouse.

they will NEVER clear you're Q right away..

come on you work for them & don't understand it...
Old 01-20-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

no you arent understanding what i am trying to say.

ok let me try it this way.
when you return an envelope to the store it is checked in then.
not when it gets to the warehouse.

this is suppose to release your next movie in the Q on the next business day.
this is supposed to be one of the selling points and advantage over netflix
besides the free dvd for each in store return

none of my dvds are ever show as checked in, in my Q when i do this.

it doesnt show as checked in until it arrives at the warehouse.

maybe i wasnt saying it the right way before.
how's that
Old 01-20-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

btw here is a discusion ove avs about the bbo service.
some are also complaining of the same problem.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5&page=1&pp=60
Old 01-20-07, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
no you arent understanding what i am trying to say.

ok let me try it this way.
when you return an envelope to the store it is checked in then.
not when it gets to the warehouse.

this is suppose to release your next movie in the Q on the next business day.
this is supposed to be one of the selling points and advantage over netflix
besides the free dvd for each in store return

none of my dvds are ever show as checked in, in my Q when i do this.

it doesnt show as checked in until it arrives at the warehouse.

maybe i wasnt saying it the right way before.
how's that
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
#1 IT GETS CHECKED IN THE STORE.
#2 YOU'RE NEXT MOVIE IN THE Q SHOULD SHIP WITHIN 24 HOURS.
#3 THE MOVIE STAY'S IN YOU'RE Q UNTIL IT IS RECIEVED AT THE WAREHOUSE..
#4 EXAMPLE... YOU PUT ALL 6 DISC IN YOU'RE Q ON 1/1/07
24 S5 D1
24 S5 D2
24 S5 D3
24 S5 D4
24 S5 D5
24 S5 D6

ON 1/3/07 YOU GET D1-D2-D3 IN THE MAIL..
ON 1/4/07 YOU RETURN D1 TO THE STORE..
ON 1/5/07 THEY MAIL OUT D4

ON 1/6/07 YOU'RE Q WILL SHOW D1-D2-D3-D4 ALL OUT TO YOU & D5-D6 NEXT IN YOU'RE TO BE SENT LIST

ON 1/7/07 D1 GETS TO THE WAREHOUSE & GETS CHECKED IN AS RECIEVED & THEN & ONLY THEN GET REMOVED FROM YOU'RE Q...

I HAVE THE 3 OUT AT A TIME PLAN... MY Q ALMOST ALWAYS SHOWS 6 MOVIES OUT TO ME EVEN THOUGH I RETURNED THE 1ST THREE IN STORE...
Old 01-20-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i agree with all of that.
i havent disputed any of that.

my next movie in my Q does not ship within 24 hrs of store check in.
ever.

i can only hold 1 movie at a time up to a total of 3 watched per month
i never see more then 1 dvd in my at home/shipped part of the Q
i do see zero in the shipped section of the Q when the returned dvd actually gets checked in at the warehouse.
Old 01-20-07, 11:56 PM

in you're Q to the right of where it list the movies you have out you can report a problem..
thats were you tell them you sent it back but its not showing up recieved..
tell them to send next movie to jump start the next one out to you..

back when I mailed them in I would give them 3 days to recieve it before reporting it..
now with total access I give them till noon or midnight the next day..

I think its just they have so much more buisness they can't keep up..

also now with total access I don't have to report every movie as returned only about 50% of them or less..
Old 01-20-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok finally on the same page.

actually i do that.
if it doesnt ship the next movie by the next night i do exactly that.

you might be right about the volume causing delays in this.
but i have to deal with explaining to customers that this is the way it should work.

but for most it hasnt.
then i have to tell them about the report a problem line.

pita
Old 01-21-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does BBO not rent unrated discs like their B&M? I just joined with a 1 month free trial and the first thing I tried to add, "This FIlm Is Not Yet Rated" which comes out Tuesday returns no results.
Old 01-21-07, 11:56 PM

Almost forgot.

When I email BBO about the issue of a movie not shipping next day when in store return, they also said you may contact BLOCKBUSTER Retail
Support at 1-700-683-5955 for further assistance.

I wonder would that do any good? Also is that a toll free number?

Anyone ever called that number?
Old 01-22-07, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that number donst look familiar.
we have an online phone number we give out.
i'll try to get it tomorrowe.
Old 01-22-07, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by StealthStratos
I definitely feel like my account has been throttled. Just out of curiosity, which store in Tampa are you returning to? I'm taking mine to the Blockbuster on Gandy. I'm assuming this is a .com issue, but I wonder if the actual store shares any of the blame.
Nope I go to Bruce B Downs. They have to scan the movie since it works like a coupon to remove the movie you are renting. I even reported both dvds as having shipping problems and nothing shipped out over the next two days.
Old 01-22-07, 01:42 AM

Not something major, but I noticed that the last few movies I've gotten from BBO have been coming from a completely different warehouse then when I started last month. Instead of Cleveland, they now come from Mansfield, Ohio (1 hour north of Columbus). Not sure if this could be part of the reason for all of the delays.
Old 01-22-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
That would probably be a good thing. One of my coworkers (the one who got me to sign up for BBO) had noticed Dog Soldiers was being skipped over in his queue for weeks. He e-mailed to ask why, and was told that the warehouse he gets his discs from didn't have a copy, and it was unlikely it would be getting one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.