Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is Netflix screwing me?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is Netflix screwing me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is Netflix screwing me?

About a week and a half ago, I decided to lower my service from 2 DVDs out at a time (no limit), to 1. This was going to take effect on September 2nd. However, since that time, they have not shipped any more DVDs (1 have one in hand and 1 space open).

On Monday of last week, my queue space said "we expect to ship you mext title on Tuesday." On Tuesday it said "Thursday" and on Thursday it said "Friday." Now, it says "Monday."

Are they just doing this so that they don't have to ship another title? I feel that I paid for the month, and they have to ship two until the month is up.

Do I have any options other than just cancelling totally?
Old 08-27-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would call them and talk to someone directly. Sounds like they're giving you the run around...
Old 08-27-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Netflix blows. I cancelled on the renewal day and they charged for a whole month. I called to compalin and they wouldn't refund anything nor give me the month I paid for. For 20 bucks I wasn't going to lose sleep over it. Now they send me email sasking me to come back that I find pretty pathetic.

I stick with Blockbuster, I get 5 or 6 a week including my in store rental and they never delay my shipment. Netflix can bite me.
Old 08-27-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I hear a lot of horry stories about netflix
like the people with the unlimited plan that after a couple months netflix starts being very slow to ship the next dvd on the list

netflix does have a huge library though
Old 08-27-06, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generally what I do when I have a problem with a company is to contact the company first, then come and bitch about them in message boards. Computers can screw up so maybe just call them and get it fixed. I have been a member of netflix since 99, I guess I have not had any problems with them that would cause me to quit the service. Some months I have managed to watch 1 movie some months I can get about 15, just depends on the month.

If they do not fix the problem them like someone else said go to blockbuster. Maybe they will be better for you.
Old 08-27-06, 12:02 PM

Calling a Netflix rep is masochism at its finest. I have never gotten anywhere and they always try to convince me that the problem is in my head even when I have documentation to prove otherwise. I canceled my service last week, and I demanded a partial refund from my credit card company for my last paid month because the last two weeks I only received 3 discs a week even though I was on the 8 at a time plan. I was trasferred to the disputes department. I faxed my documentation and phone logs, and then the CSR patched in a Netflix rep. The Netflix rep denied any wrongdoing at first, but the credit card CSR kept pushing the matter, and the Netflix rep agreed to give me a month's worth of service for free. I refused, and it was finally agreed that I would receive a $26. partial refund. I would try this if you're having difficulties.This was through MBNA which I now think is Citibank.
Old 08-27-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know if they're screwing you. Are you in the back of a Buick?
-ringding-
Old 08-27-06, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That wouldn't suprise me in the least, netflix is already throttling my account. I get 3 a week now, instead of the 6 or so I was in the beginning.
Old 08-27-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought they stopped the throttling business but I've noticed in my 3rd month of service it's taking an extra 1-3 days to get a new movie (on the 3 out plan).
Old 08-27-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

just start keeping one movie a month and sell it to regain your lost rentals. Then cancel and dispute the charge with your cc company. It's no worse than their business practices.
Old 08-28-06, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by J-Dubya
just start keeping one movie a month and sell it to regain your lost rentals. Then cancel and dispute the charge with your cc company. It's no worse than their business practices.
Except your idea would be illegal...but I guess who cares about that.
Old 08-31-06, 02:40 AM
Cool New Member

I use Blockbuster, and always have something coming and going. Keep plenty in your queue and you're not waiting on something thats popular.
Old 08-31-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sjrab16
Except your idea would be illegal...but I guess who cares about that.

Here, THIS might help you.

I've never had any problems with Netflix. I get 3 DVD's sent them in 2-3 days later I get 3 more. Always been that way for 2 years now. No delays. Maybe your distribution center just sucks?
Old 08-31-06, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
Here, THIS might help you.

I've never had any problems with Netflix. I get 3 DVD's sent them in 2-3 days later I get 3 more. Always been that way for 2 years now. No delays. Maybe your distribution center just sucks?
I agree with you my distribution center has always done right by me when I was living in Muncie the Indianapolis center was awesome about getting my stuff out quickly and now that I'm in Ft. Wayne the South Bend distribution center is maybe even better I send 8 back on Monday and I get new ones on Wednesday night without fail.

I say it's your distribution center that's at fault. Also do you guys always make sure the return labels are for your closest distribution center? That can be a problem as I've had envelopes for DCs in california and New Jersey, that's crazy so I printed my own labels for South Bend and I stick em on there and never have any problems.