Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Stay away from Movie Gallery's 5for$15 VHS "Sale"!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to post about Movie Gallery's 5 for $15 VHS sale that is starting on July 7th. The stores recently received up too 500 VHS movies to be included in the sale and were instructed to receive them all under a bulk barcode for $5.99 each. The problem is, if they where received under their own individual barcodes, they are almost all in the computer for $1.99. They are essentially marking up the price for the sale to make it look like you may be getting a deal when it is very much the opposite.

Being as this is a DVD forum I doubt many people are into buying VHS still, and even so, 5 for $15 isn't much of a deal for used/rental VHS in my opinion anyway. I just thought I'd put out the warning in case any one was interested.
Old 07-06-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, this isn't quite as tempting as the DDD "20% off" sale, so I doubt that many DVD Talkers will be flooding them with orders.
Old 07-07-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It appears that some stores have also dropped their B2G2 sale in favor of Hollywood Video's 5 for $20 ($7.99 titles or under) and 3 for $25 also.

Considering I see the same titles sitting there from last year, their deals are going in the wrong direction.
Old 07-08-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't bought a VHS in years. I don't see the value in a degradeable tape and it is VERY hard to look at a VHS to see if there are going to be any problems with playback. Putting that aside I get DVDs consistantly for $3-$4 a peice.