Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-13-06, 11:59 AM   #1
Jippy
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any good DVD/CD stores in St Louis?

I'm heading there for a business trip next week and was hoping to hit a couple of stores with a good selection of DVD's and CD's, both new and used. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-06, 10:41 AM   #2
Jippy
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess that means none .
Old 04-16-06, 11:37 AM   #3
amd555

look fro the store as in your home area. best buy, coconuts, fye, circuit city, traget, etc etc. also, do a google seaqrch o see if you find ma 'n pa cd/dvd store in the st. louis area. good luck
Old 04-16-06, 01:28 PM   #4
GHackmann

It depends a lot on where in St. Louis you are -- downtown St. Louis is fairly small, but St. Louis County is huge, and you're probably not going to want to go milling about the whole county looking for a store.

That said, if you're around University City (which is fairly close to downtown), you should try hitting Vintage Vinyl. Their prices on new CDs and DVDs can be a little iffy, but the used ones are usually a good deal. Plus, the store's located in a part of St. Louis called The Loop, which has a lot of good restaurants and theaters. (Just don't stray too far from The Loop -- some of the nearby neighborhoods aren't that great.)

I'd also look into the Slacker's chain. They're primarily a video game chain, but the store near me had a pretty wide range of CDs and DVDs too. Be warned that the stores attract a lot of teenagers, so you might feel a little out-of-place.
Old 04-16-06, 06:53 PM   #5
Jippy
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent. I'll be right near the University. I'll check out the the Vinyl place tomorrow when I get into town. Muchos gracias!