Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-27-06, 12:51 PM   #1
deadpool24

amazon extra shipment

has anyone received an extra item from amazon by mistake? they sent me 2 quantities when i ordered one. which address do i send it back to?
Old 01-27-06, 01:48 PM   #2
cseyer
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would call the amazon customer service number and ask for their guidance.
Old 01-27-06, 02:33 PM   #3
Billyspunk
Banned

I once received a second limited edition Tom Clancy slipcase book, a $150 book. They did not bill me for it and I kept it! Just make sure you don't get double charged! My opinion is if you did not order and you got it IT'S YOURS!
Old 01-28-06, 04:03 PM   #4
deadpool24

I got an extra mario kart ds game. Plus they sent me a $10 coupon in email explaining the error. I emailed them back telling my problem, they sent me another coupon of $5.
Old 01-28-06, 04:23 PM   #5
JustinCleveland

Personally, I'd have a problem getting something that I didn't pay for. I'd contact Amazon and ask their advice. At worst they tell you to keep it, but at least that wouldn't be dishonest.
Old 01-28-06, 05:43 PM   #6
Hulkabrgr

Back in Nov, they sent me two extra copies( in seperate shipments) of the King Kong Tin. Called customer service, and they sent me both return labels, but also 2 five dollars off future purchases coupons.
DVD Talk Old-Timer
Old 01-28-06, 08:28 PM   #7
Ghostface180

Last year, they accidentally screwed up my shipment by sending me someone else's order. I received the first two seasons of The West Wing and The Godfather. I called Amazon, and the customer service rep told me that he'd send out a return label and upgrade the shipping for my order. I still haven't gotten that return label.
Old 01-28-06, 08:51 PM   #8
ShallowHal

Best Buy did this with a good size DVD order once ($180). They shipped my stuff to some guy in CO and I got his, which was a single CD. I called them and they couldn't find his info, so I looked him up online and called him. He had know clue what I was talking about, I don't even think he knew what a DVD was. They reshipped my order, and told me three times a return label was on the way for a CD. I kept it for a few months and sold it half.com.

If you tell them about it and they don't take steps to get it back, that's all you can do.
Old 01-29-06, 12:14 AM   #9
Dr. Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyspunk
I once received a second limited edition Tom Clancy slipcase book, a $150 book. They did not bill me for it and I kept it! Just make sure you don't get double charged! My opinion is if you did not order and you got it IT'S YOURS!
So by this reasoning if you accidentally sent out, say, 1 or 2 more DVDs to someone you were trading with (or selling to) than they'd actually agreed to pay for, they get to keep them because it's not their mistake? I'm sure you'd want the DVDs back, or to receive compensation for the DVDs...just because Amazon is a huge corporation, doesn't mean it's fair to have kept the book. If you'd contacted them and they said "Keep it", then O.K., but to just hang onto it and say nothing other than "They sent it, I got it, IT'S MINE!" is unconscionable.
Old 01-29-06, 12:31 AM   #10
Sanitarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Calamari
So by this reasoning if you accidentally sent out, say, 1 or 2 more DVDs to someone you were trading with (or selling to) than they'd actually agreed to pay for, they get to keep them because it's not their mistake? I'm sure you'd want the DVDs back, or to receive compensation for the DVDs...just because Amazon is a huge corporation, doesn't mean it's fair to have kept the book. If you'd contacted them and they said "Keep it", then O.K., but to just hang onto it and say nothing other than "They sent it, I got it, IT'S MINE!" is unconscionable.
But they're a huge corporation and evil.
Old 01-29-06, 12:51 AM   #11
darkshadowdog

Happened to me today, two copies of Stephen King's Cell...
Old 02-02-06, 09:55 PM   #12
Eric D.
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I once got two copies of Wild Wild West on DVD from them. I called them about it and they sent a a return label and gave me a coupon. In retrospect I should have just returned both copies. What an awful movie.