Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is the Amazon a9.com (pi) discount dead?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is the Amazon a9.com (pi) discount dead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-06, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip about the $10 gift certificate. I also lost my A9 about a week ago even though I use their search at least once a week. They also sent me a $10 GC. I'm still trying to get the discount back but $10 pays for a lot of searches!
Old 02-19-06, 04:18 PM

No Problem, I might wait another week and complain again and see if I can
get another one..
DG
Old 02-19-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took a little persuading, but I also got a the $10 GC. They seemed clueless about why the discount went away, but promised to look into it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-19-06, 10:38 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the tip. My A9 discount disappeared too. I emailed them yesterday and they simply sent with a canned reply.

So today I decided to call them up. They couldn't figure out why. It took a little bit of persuasion and the rep said he would email me a $10 coupon as a one-time exception Not sure what's the scope of this one-time exception or whatever it meant but the $10 coupon is sure handy.

Did you email or call, and did they offer to give you a coupon for the trouble or you had to really work on it? It seemed like some work in my case.
Old 02-19-06, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always call, since emails never get me anywhere. The rep who answered the phone seemed clueless about what A9 even was, so I asked for a supervisor. She didn't offer anything, except canned instructions on how to get the A9 discount re-activated. I said I was fully aware of how to do that since I'd had the A9 discount for months (which she could see on my order history), but it stopped working and wouldn't come back.

After saying she would report it to the tech staff, I said I'd appreciate a $10 GC since it seemed to be a problem at their end. She finally gave in.

The discount is still not back for me by the way, even after multiple searches every day for the past 10 days or so.
Old 02-20-06, 09:19 AM

I used the A9 search almost daily, but it disappeared about a week and a half ago. I finally got it back yesterday. I'm not sure what did the trick, but I did about 5 searches a day, I placed one order, and I changed a few preferences on the A9 site. While checking out preferences, make sure it says the A9 instant reward is enabled.
Old 02-23-06, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't care about the $10 GC, well.. I wouldn't refuse it if given, but has anyone received a reply on whether the A9 discount has ended or what the cause of it disappearing is?

I had it for months and search frequently with it and it disappeared and hasn't returned. Tried emailing to ask if it has ended and received the reply I guess everyone else did also that has little to do with the question asked. Tried again asking if it ended and the reply stated that this has already been addressed and then the same canned reply (this time without the did this answer your question yes or no links).

Seems like Amazon would either end the promotion or honor it for those that are using A9 as the promotion states. Don't understand why one would be using it for searches with all the necessary settings being applied yet the discount not appearing as advertised.
Old 02-23-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got mine back a few days ago..I took over a week to get it though..
Old 02-23-06, 09:55 AM

In several emails, I was told that their developers were aware of the problem and were working on it. I was told to keep searching in the meantime. No GC for me. The discount just reappeared this morning, after 11 days.
Old 02-23-06, 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=eau]Thanks for the tip. My A9 discount disappeared too. I emailed them yesterday and they simply sent with a canned reply.

So today I decided to call them up. They couldn't figure out why. It took a little bit of persuasion and the rep said he would email me a $10 coupon as a one-time exception Not sure what's the scope of this one-time exception or whatever it meant but the $10 coupon is sure handy.

Did you email or call, and did they offer to give you a coupon for the trouble or you had to really work on it? It seemed like some work in my case.[/QUOTEI
I sent them an email and 24 hrs later they sent me a reply saying there were sorry and here is a $10 GC, I have since used it before they have a chance to change their mind..
DG
Old 02-26-06, 09:29 AM

Discount returns

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but on the advice of a previous post, I checked out my preferences on A9.com. The discount was already enabled but I clicked Save anyway. Later that day the discount came back. I had been without it for about a month, despite daily searches.
Old 02-26-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the developers fixed the problem. Mine is back, and others are now reporting theirs is back too.
Old 02-26-06, 09:23 PM

Mine wasn't back so I decided to check out my preferences. It was disabled. Hopefully I get it back soon.
Old 02-27-06, 09:06 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
I use A9 daily and discount has not been there for a couple weeks now. Will send an email to CS...
Old 03-08-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got my A9 discount back...
Old 03-08-06, 01:17 PM

I'm still not having any luck getting mine reinstated.

I've sent a couple emails off too ([email protected] & [email protected]) and no response.
Old 03-08-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson

I've sent a couple emails off too ([email protected] & [email protected]) and no response.
Same here. When I called Amazon a week ago, the gist was "keep on trying"

?
Old 03-08-06, 05:30 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My A9 discount finally came back after 2 weeks of searching...
Old 03-09-06, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson

Finally see that my discount is back. What a fiasco...
Old 03-11-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question

I'm new to the a9 discount and was wondering which part of the checkout process the discount appears on? Is it the last page as you confirm your order? I signed up yesterday and I just want to know how to tell when I actually get the discount.
Old 03-11-06, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I'm new to the a9 discount and was wondering which part of the checkout process the discount appears on? Is it the last page as you confirm your order?
Yes.
Old 03-13-06, 02:52 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When you see the A9 logo next to the Amazon.com home tab, then you are getting the discount
Old 03-13-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

...finally got my back yesterday...i was beginning to think i'd never see it again.
Old 03-14-06, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by eau
When you see the A9 logo next to the Amazon.com home tab, then you are getting the discount
Thanks for your info, guys. While I have been waiting for my a9 discount to kick in to save on some Planet of the Apes Ultimate Collections, the price went up $10 on each of them!! I could go insane when stuff like this happens. What possible reason would someone suspect that a pre-order would go up in price two weeks before release. ARGH!!! I needed to vent. So, basically I lose $10 for each set I was going to buy while saving about $2.50. Irony really sucks sometimes.
Old 03-16-06, 01:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear that. What you could have done was to place the order anyway since it's a preorder, and when you get the A9 back, just cancel that order and place a new one with A9 assuming the price remains the same.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.