Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody ever purchased furniture from Overstock.com??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-05, 11:25 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I wanted to see if anybody has ever purchased furniture (chairs, sofas, beds ect) from Overstock.com. I am looking to get a red leather chair from there and I wanted to see the overall quality/experience purchasing from them.

Most furniture I see on there from reviews requires assembly, this is a moderate turn off, but I guess its best for shipping.

Anywho, personal experiences/feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Animal
Old 10-18-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought a wall divider and ottoman from there. Neither of those required assembly. Both of the items came pretty quickly and I still have both pieces of furniture. I'm currently thinking about buying another armchair from them.
Old 10-18-05, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Thanks tofu!

There is an armchair I am looking at on there as well, can't quite pull the trigger yet...something about not seeing it in person, and the possability of having to return it would be hell. Hmmm.....

Were you happy with the quality of the items you bought?
Old 10-24-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts
I've purchased a few pieces of furniture from them, a queen-sized bed (which arrived via freight within a week), a sling chair, and a wine tower, all of which required assembly. I'm more than pleased with the quality of the bed, and the sling chair is a nice piece, although the stain color on the arms isn't quite as dark as the pictures on the site.

The wine tower is also a nice piece, but arrived with a dent in one of the side panels. Overstock was unable to do an exchange since it was the last one, and I was unable to get a replacement panel from the original manufacturer since it is a discontinued item. The dent is mostly concealed by the tower's position in the room, however, so my wife and I decided to keep it. Overstock gave us what amounted to a 25% credit for the damage, so it all worked out...fortunately, since it would have been a huge pain in the ass to try to repackage all of the individual shelves and panels for return.

The thought of returning an item of that size is the only issue I have with ordering furniture from them. We're considering the Tribeca bedroom furniture they have, but some of the pieces are currently sold out, so we'll have to wait and see if they restock.