Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

moviesville.com RIPOFF ALERT

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

moviesville.com RIPOFF ALERT

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Ling Ling!

Can you please tell me what the status is on my order?

# 8520910

Once I get this item I plan on ordering more items
Old 10-26-05, 11:58 AM

okay, I will take back my ripoff comment as I just got the boxset today. I also cancelled my chargeback. But I am not taking back the lying part since according to the sticker on the box you just shipped it out on the 20th!!

still very dissatisfied with your service, but I least I got this after a number of complains.
Old 10-26-05, 02:07 PM

thats good news at least calmuser, I suspect your initial complaint spurred a shipment, im still waiting for my order/refund, mind you its early days yet at 57 days...
Old 10-31-05, 01:13 PM

Well my order finally arrived today,well packaged and undamaged despite its lengthy journey which took exactly two months after the order was placed

My apologies to LingLing, you obviously didn't lie that the order had been shipped. I guess the end result of this is that moviesville.com can be trusted by international buyers.

My observations for international buyers are just to beware that shipping CAN take upto 8 weeks, which is a long time for 'in stock' items, BUT they will arrive and I believe these guys keep their word.

Would I order from moviesville.com again?

Yes. Now I know that if I choose standard shipping I could be waiting 2 months or else I will choose a faster shipping method. I will be interested to see what courier option becomes available but in the meantime Im prepared to wait because the product is good and at good prices.

LingLing, its good to see that orders now have a warning that they can take upto 8 weeks. My only suggestion would be to make this a little bigger and more visible - it may take some of the heat off your customer service guys at the end of the day.

My apologies for any negative image this posting may have created of you or your business.
Old 10-31-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting thread. It's nice to see reps from these companies posting here and trying to address the problems that their customers have.
Old 01-16-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Yeah, I'm in the same boat... Except that I ordered through their website. First time was no problem. This time, it'll be 8 weeks tomorrow, and no sign, nor response from them. My order # is 8641961 and my case # is 10-002-995.

I kept giving them the benefit of the doubt, but since their customer service is not responding, I'm going to issue a chargeback request with my Mastercard provider.

Good luck with your claim!
Old 01-20-06, 10:10 PM

I for one would never order from them again. Customer service hardly ever answers any of your questions. Also it seems they don't ship till you start a chargeback, and magically your item shows up in a few days (like mine did).

Hope you both get your items. Maybe Ling Ling will come back and do some replys..
Old 01-21-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've applied for the chargeback, so we'll see!
Old 01-21-06, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Calmuser
I payed extra for airmail and all, and not its been 5 going on 6 weeks with no sign of anything. They will NOT reply to my emails through their online thing anymore either...its probably too late to go through paypal now so I guess i'm out of $80.....
This isn't meant to be rude, but you'll get more done if you educate yourself with what protection you do have instead of posting in a forum that it's probably too late. If you assume it is, it is. Do nothing and you are out the $80! You're letting them rip you off if you don't know your rights, and don't do anything other than creating a thread here musing about how you don't know your rights.

What if your car was stolen? Would you just say "It's probably chopped up by now. I won't call the cops, I'll just go buy a new one"? Get over to PayPal NOW!
Old 01-21-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ShallowHal
This isn't meant to be rude, but you'll get more done if you educate yourself with what protection you do have instead of posting in a forum that it's probably too late. If you assume it is, it is. Do nothing and you are out the $80! You're letting them rip you off if you don't know your rights, and don't do anything other than creating a thread here musing about how you don't know your rights.

What if your car was stolen? Would you just say "It's probably chopped up by now. I won't call the cops, I'll just go buy a new one"? Get over to PayPal NOW!
If you read a little lower, you'll see that Calmuser's order did eventually arrive.

I think there are only 2 of us now waiting. Although it's been since Nov 17th for mine, so the chargeback seems more likely than the product arriving.
Old 01-21-06, 11:31 AM

Ling Ling,

Could you tell me the status of order #8339179?

I received the House of Flying Daggers wooden box relatively quickly but the order also included a copy of Bittersweet Life.

movieSville Item #22025972
Bittersweet Life A: Special Edition: Director's Cut NEW DVD
Price: $29.99
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: 1501573
Date: 9/1/2005 11:55:54 AM

As you can tell the order was placed on 9/1/2005. I been in constant contact with your customer service dept and they keep telling me it's shipped and it will take a while since it's coming from Korea.

I think 4 months is a little extreme to wait for a movie.
Old 01-21-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All that I can say is I am staying away from this company. Talk about a joke.

I hope everyone gets their order.
Old 01-21-06, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
If you read a little lower, you'll see that Calmuser's order did eventually arrive.
I don't read the whole thread when I sleep-post.
Old 01-21-06, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by ShallowHal

Actually I did try to goto paypal, and it was too late! Had to do a chargeback, which got me a shipment. Then had to stop chargeback, fun fun. Never ordering from this company again!

Posting on this forum probably got my product shipped, along with the chargeback. So posting on this forum was not a waste!
Old 01-25-06, 04:38 AM

I have ordered the following item in november 2005 and paid via PayPal december 05th:

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
22050428 House of Flying Daggers~4 DVD~Wooden Box~Zhang Ziyi~Zhang Yimou~Plus knife/book
SKU : 1501612 1 $49.99 USD $49.99 USD

Shipping & Handling (includes any seller handling fees) $8.90 USD
Shipping Insurance : --

Total Amount: $58.89 USD
Date: Dec. 5, 2005
Time: 07:10:31 PST

I have never received this item. I'm living in The Neterlands (Europe).
No replies to my questions send to the customer service.
Yet, their website seems to be down.

I have just filed a claim for undelivered items at PayPal. But the claim is deferred as it's filed more than 45 days after the transaction date.

Does somebody have other suggestions?

Last edited by geronimo; 01-25-06 at 05:39 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-28-06, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

*Edit* I received my order Feb 1. YMMV.

Last edited by andicus; 02-01-06 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Order received
Old 01-31-06, 11:15 AM

lingling is MIA? So much for the new owners and improved customer service.
Old 01-31-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the site is MIA as well.
Old 02-01-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I'm happy to say that I did receive my order today (The Chaplin Collection) from Moviesville.com. According to the date on the package, it was shipped out on Jan 16, which is the day I filed my first complaint with them (My initial order was approx Nov 17th). So I don't know what happened to the first shipment, but this one made it in approx 2 weeks.

Some of the discs (maybe 4 of 12) are a bit damaged, but hopefully it doesn't affect play. It looks like the holders (which were also broken in transit), had some rough spots that scored the playing side. Still, I'm glad to receive it, even in less than optimal condition.

I hope the rest of you see your orders as well.

Now, to find out how to cancel the chargeback...
Old 02-20-06, 02:13 PM

Moviesville ripoff - still!!

Seems like moviesville are ripping people off left, right and centre. I ordered from their website back in November 2005, only to be sent an email stating that the product was out of stock. The link they sent me to complete my "purchase", i.e. get a refund, didn't work. As the product was paid for by Paypal, I requested money from them, after contacting their "Contact Us" link.

Result - no joy. Even initiated a Paypal dispute - settled in my favour, but no money in their account to be refunded to me! Eventually bought the product I ordered off eBay.

So, if the mysterious Ling Ling is out there, perhaps he'd like to reply to why his company has kept $58.89 of MY MONEY for the past three months - details of my "order" are below -

Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping & Handling: $8.90
Sales Tax: $0.00
Discount/Other $0.00
-----------------------------------
Purchase Total: $58.89

movieSville Item #22044342
Snoopy's Story 56 Episodes 20 DVD Box Set New
Price: $49.99
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: 1501660
Date: 11/8/2005 4:49:31 AM

And, by the way, I just want a REFUND OF MY MONEY.

Advice - stay away from these people!!!!
Old 02-23-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I did get my order but only after waiting 4 months for it.

Good product....but DAMN....what a long ass wait.
Old 02-24-06, 08:45 AM

Finally got it!!

After almost 3months, I received my dvd package "House of the flying daggers" today!! And in good condition!
So their is hope for those who are waiting for their package.
Old 03-15-06, 05:30 PM

I recently stumbled upon this moviesville website and have considered ordering.

I wanted free shipping like they advertised.

The guy Michael Sullivan told me to place an order but choose the "i don't want to pay now" method of paying. He said he'll take a look at my invoice and see if i can get free shipping.

I haven't actually dished out any money yet, but I'm just wondering, if I just got conned. Maybe they'll send me the items in the mail, then send notice after notice saying that I have to pay them?
Old 04-25-06, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My, you have been a lot more reasonable with them than I would have ever been!

Very sorry to hear such a horrible story and seems as though you gave them every opportunity to make good.
Old 04-25-06, 06:58 PM

Please email [email protected]

-Ling Ling

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.