Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
re: Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

When Blockbuster went under I was tempted to try Netflix but they certainly don't seem to be BR customer friendly. The pricing, the throttling turned me off to even trying them. I have to get over to the library. My uncle swears he gets all new releases on or the week after release week. Free is good.
Old 08-21-14, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I just got back from vacation and did notice that a lot of titles in my queue were in some kind of wait status, but it's hard to evaluate whether that happened suddenly or gradually.

I have the physical plan instead of streaming because of the new releases, but the windows make it less advantageous. For a while I was doing some digital rentals, which aren't subject to the same windows, and seeing if those in conjunction with Redbox might be a viable alternative. Still evaluating.
Old 08-29-14, 02:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

They actually shipped next Tuesday's new releases today and scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'm sure it's cause of the holiday but that's the first time I've known them to do that.
Old 09-19-14, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Bad Words on Blu-ray was finally available in Sept when I think the Blu-ray came out in July 8.

WTF!
Old 03-10-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

I dropped two discs back in the mail yesterday and got this email this morning:

Returning Disc Notice

The Postal Service sent word that you've returned a DVD to us; so we were able to ship your next available disc sooner.

We'll send you a detailed returned disc email upon receipt.

Has anyone else gotten one of these emails? I thought it was a little strange since I usually get a disc received email the next day after I put a disc in the post. Is the post office scanning the bar codes and sending that info to Netflix?
Old 03-10-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Doing that for years as far as I remember.
Old 03-10-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by whotony
Doing that for years as far as I remember.
It must be new to Nashville, since I've never received that email before. They are usually pretty quick as long as I put one in the mail, before the postman arrives, then I get a disc received email from Netflix the next day...
Old 03-10-15, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I dropped two discs back in the mail yesterday and got this email this morning:

Returning Disc Notice

The Postal Service sent word that you've returned a DVD to us; so we were able to ship your next available disc sooner.

We'll send you a detailed returned disc email upon receipt.

Has anyone else gotten one of these emails? I thought it was a little strange since I usually get a disc received email the next day after I put a disc in the post. Is the post office scanning the bar codes and sending that info to Netflix?
I have had a Netflix account for 9 years, and I have NEVER received an e-mail like that. Only e-mails I get are saying that they have either shipped a disc or received a disc.

I spoke to someone at Netflix the other day regarding a delay in my receiving new discs. I was told that their envelopes were no longer falling under the first class mail umbrella and that was the reason for the delays. Supposedly, they were working on a plan to compensate for the delays. Perhaps this is part of that plan.
Old 03-12-15, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got a disc received email from one of the two discs that I sent back on Monday. So, it took 4 days to get from a Nashville mailbox to a Nashville distribution area...
Old 03-13-15, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They finally received the other disc that I mailed Monday morning today. Wow, it took until Friday to get from a Nashville mailbox to the Nashville distribution center... Weird, it's never taken that long ever.
Old 03-14-15, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mine are taking an eternity at this point too. At this point, the majority of my queue are tv shows. Starting to consider just canceling my account until they figure out how to ship in a timely manner.
Old 03-18-15, 07:12 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I'd been a Netflix disc member for over 10 years. I recently put the disc portion on hold, but started it back up again. I used to get new releases on Tuesday, mail back Friday evening or Saturday morning. They'd get them Monday and I'd have my new releases for Tuesday... repeat.

When I started up again after the break. It would take forever. I would send it back, they may have gotten it Monday...sometimes Tuesday. But I wouldn't receive the discs until sometimes Thursday or Friday. I couldn't understand. I dropped the service, for now atleast.
Old 03-22-15, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

I got the same email for the first time a week or so ago. What's funny is it didn't seem to hurry the disc shipment up at all.

I am on the 2 discs out at a time plan and have seen the shipments and returns slow to a crawl in the last month or so. Interesting to hear about the first class shipment revocation info. That would explain the issues I have seen. I don't really have the time to watch more than two discs in one week anyway so it hasn't affected me to much.

It is irritating that I used to put something in the mail and it was received the very next morning and when Netflix said they were shipping something out, it was there the next day. Now it is running two to 3 days for both returns and shipments which really fucks up a viewing schedule if you want something quickly.

Has there been an official announcement of the first class mail revocation?
Old 03-23-15, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually just got my first e-mail like that a bit earlier this morning. I'm still not expecting to see any new discs until Wednesday.

As far as I know, nothing has been announced officially, but if you Google it you will see quite a few mentions of it.
Old 03-24-15, 04:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having the same problems with slowness in the last few weeks where it has gone from one day return and transit to two days for pretty much every shipment. Since I am one of those people who watches the discs right away and am used to my return Saturday morning to get new releases on release week routine, I decided to cancel my disc membership after this billing period ends. I am sure I will restart it again at some point after I build up a backlog of new releases I want to rent.
Old 06-04-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I got a extra disc this week

Not sure why.

I think they closed their San Jose distribution center and now have one in Oakland but the delivery rate is about the same.
Old 07-05-15, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Today my wife got an e-mail saying that her account was put on hold due to a payment issue. The thing is, she doesn't have an account. I managed to log into the account associated with her e-mail address and there was a Mastercard on file, which she also doesn't have. I changed the password and e-mail address and also canceled the account. I found this whole thing to be really bizarre though. Do you guys think I should leave it as is or place a phone call and try to find out what is happening?
Old 07-05-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like one of those phishing scams
Old 07-05-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Yeah. Did you go directly to Netflix and login or did you use the link in the email? If you used the link in the email, did you verify in the URL that you were actually at Netflix and not some other site designed to look like Netflix? Sounds like they just wanted you to type in a valid credit card number so they could steal it. If you get a suspicious email, you should never use the link in the email. Go directly to the site and login and see if there's really a problem.
Old 07-05-15, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to the actual site and logged in. So, that doesn't appear to be the case. I just called, and it was legit. Someone managed to sign up for an account with my wife's e-mail address. So weird.
Old 07-05-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sometimes netflix gives out a free month of service for new accounts. So someone probably just grabbed a random email to do it. Since you don't have to verify your email when creating a account someone could just steal emails each month to get free netflix. Just a guess.
Old 07-05-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Sometimes netflix gives out a free month of service for new accounts. So someone probably just grabbed a random email to do it. Since you don't have to verify your email when creating a account someone could just steal emails each month to get free netflix. Just a guess.
That actually makes quite a bit of sense. My wife's e-mail isn't the most complicated thing, so I could see it being done.
Old 02-17-16, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone been having trouble with the new dvd queue on Netflix. It seems to lock my browser (Firefox) up for a few seconds and I get a stop script error message.
Old 02-17-16, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I used to get that error message whenever I watch any moving images, regardless of the format, on Firefox. I don't know what exactly happened to my Firefox, but about a month ago I switched to Google Chrome and I have had no problems yet.
Old 02-18-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by EinCB
I used to get that error message whenever I watch any moving images, regardless of the format, on Firefox. I don't know what exactly happened to my Firefox, but about a month ago I switched to Google Chrome and I have had no problems yet.
I just tried it with Chrome and it seems to work much better. Thanks for the tip.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.