Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Kudos to Toys R Us

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Kudos to Toys R Us

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to Toys R Us

My wife and I actually got a free day to shop by ourselves yesterday and decided to hit TRU's "Buy 2, Get 3rd Free Sale" to stock up on Christmas presents. We bought several items and spent $121 (after discounts). The cashier was very nice, but she felt compelled to shove all of the items (which included two large playsets) into one bag. As we were leaving, we noticed that the bag was ripping, but thought nothing of it. We had to hide the bag from the kids until last night and when we finally sifted through it, we found that 2 items were missing, and surmised that they must have fallen out of the torn bag. I called TRU this morning and explained the situation and the employee told me to simply bring in my receipt and they'd replace the missing items. Not trusting this, I took her name and went to the store. Sure enough, I was able to get the two items (one of which was a DVD that doesn't actually street until tomorrow) and the manager even apolgized for my troubles! Needless to say, I'm very impressed with the service at this store.

(I'm not really looking for any feedback on this, I just wanted to share a positive experience.)
Old 09-27-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow!
Old 09-27-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
That's a great story.
Old 10-01-04, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a related note, I was at TRU just the other day when I found a DVD in the parking lot! And the crazy thing is - it wasnt available yet!

How thats for crazy!