Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BUY.com - How long does it take for a RMA - to arrive and be Credited?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-04, 08:34 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the timeframe for Buy.com to receive a RMA package and Credit your account?

I shipped out my package on August 27 (Its been 2 weeks) till this day. (SENT IT OUT USPS PRIORITY MAIL - NY to CA)

Just wanted to know your experience with them, and how long it took for your RMA items to be processed!

THANKS!
Old 09-10-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never had to return anything out the few purchases made at Buy.com, but this is what it says on their website that I cut and pasted below. I would suggest contacting customer service for further information and to verify your package was received.

After the Return is Received at the Warehouse

• Please allow up to fourteen days for your return to be shipped to our Returns Warehouse, depending on the shipper. Please also allow approximately three days to process your return after it has arrived at our Returns Warehouse.

• Depending on the applicable policies above, you can request either a credit or a replacement when you return your product. If you request a credit, your original method of payment will be credited as soon as possible after your return is processed and approved. If you request a replacement product, your replacement order will be sent to fulfillment once your return is processed and approved. How quickly your replacement product ships after that depends on product availability.

• We do not ship your replacement order before we receive your return (cross-ship). If you need a replacement sooner than the timeline outlined above, please place a new order on the website, independent of the returns process.

http://www.buy.com/corp/support/retu...t=returnpolicy
Old 09-10-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just sent something back to them too, hope it doesn't take forever..it was defective so I printed out the pre-paid UPS ground label (will take a week though, via ups ground from east to west) but I hope it doesn't take em forever.. your order status should show when they recieve it though..even if it's not processed, it'll show they at least got it (I think..)
Old 09-14-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they received my RMA package yesterday (9/13) and later in the day I got a email saying they received my package and I had a new "complimentary replacement" order already made for me (by them) for my defective unit..if you have waited this long I'd definately call them..