Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Also have problem with Deep Discount

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-04, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also having a problem with Deep Discount DVD.
I live in New Zealand and have an order that is now at least a week overdue. This is isn't the first time this has happened either.
I ordered 9 dvd's on June 22th as part of their sale then. The order was listed as sent on June 24th. That's 27 business days ago.
I emailed DDD's customer service about the delay & received an anonymous reply fom Infinity Resources Inc, so it appears that DDD is now outsourcing their customer service.
I was told nothing that I didn't already know. I replied verifying that my address was indeed correct. So far I haven't received another reply.
I have my doubts as to whether the order was ever actually shipped. Virtually the same thing happened with one previous order (22 Nov 03). It never arrived & was long overdue so I contacted DDD about it. I informed them the Post Office here in NZ needed the dispatch number in order to locate the package (if it was still somewhere in the NZ region)
DDD replied that there was no dispatch number !?! and said they would reship the order. Eventually all the dvd's did arrive (in 3 different shipments). I was left thinking, was the order originally shipped in the first place?
Any overseas customers of DDD had similar experiences or is it just bad luck? There seems to be inconsistancy with DDD. Other past orders from them have arrived in a matter of 10 - 12 days and the service had been good.
Old 08-03-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Infinity Resources, Inc. IS Deep Discount DVD.
Old 08-03-04, 04:28 PM

For the record, Infinity Resources, Inc. is also DVD Planet and Digital Eyes as well!
Old 08-03-04, 09:41 PM

Wow! what a blunder. Thanks for putting me right on that one. I guess that was a silly assumption to make. Apologies to Deep Discount.
In the past when dealing with them I had got e-mail from [email protected].
This time when the address was [email protected] I had assumed that Deep Discount was outsourcing services.
Never occured to me that Deep Discount was actually part of Infinity Resources.
Old 08-04-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dvdirv
For the record, Infinity Resources, Inc. is also DVD Planet and Digital Eyes as well!
So, all 3 sites are part of the same company? If so, is there any advantage
between using one or another?

Do all 3 offer free shipping (like DDD)?
Old 08-04-04, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by diesteldorf
So, all 3 sites are part of the same company? If so, is there any advantage
between using one or another?

Do all 3 offer free shipping (like DDD)?
DDD = free shipping (media mail) any order, any $.
DVD Planet = free shipping (media mail I imagine) on orders over $25
Digital Eyes = free shipping (media mail) on orders over $20, orders under $20 ship for $1 (also media mail).
Old 08-07-04, 03:46 AM
Cool New Member

I live in Wellington and had massive problems with DDD. Orders just never turned up. They were good about reshipping them, pity they never turned up either. There is a post from me about it. Other people at work had the same problem. No matter where the dvds were to go, home, work, or even a different city, they never arrived. I would never use DDD again. I just consider myself lucky I got my money back.

james
Old 08-07-04, 10:59 AM

Thanks for your post James, it's much appreciated. I no longer feel like a lone voice in the wilderness.
I'm now going through the same thing (again) that he & other overseas customers have been through. I just wish I had read all of James' previous posts about DDD before ever dealing with them.

So far the order still hasn't arrived and I've since sent DDD another 3 or 4 e-mails. Result: Absolutely no response. Unbelievable.

Nigel.
Old 08-10-04, 03:18 PM
CS@DeepDiscount

DVDTalk Members,

Thank you for keeping us informed of the service issues you have experienced about international shipments. We value feedback from our customers.

Longer transit times for International deliveries are of concern to us as well. We are reviewing our international delivery processes with the objectives of providing secure delivery at a reasonable price. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have further delivery questions.

Best regards,

Rick Mejorado
Manager, Customer Service
DeepDiscountDVD.com
[email protected]
Old 08-12-04, 11:19 PM

From my personal experiences, I can tell you that there is indeed alot of theft going on at international destinations and many of the depots ahead of any one given international destination. Pay for the UPS International shipment whenever possible and save yourself some grief.
Old 08-13-04, 09:44 AM

Well in this case, as an overseas customer I did not have the option of choosing UPS International Shipment.

As far as I'm concerned the shipping method is completely irrelevant anyway.

I do not believe that a large amount of international packages are being stolen in transit. Maybe there are in some politically corrupt countries around the world, but certainly not in mail bound for Australia & New Zealand.

From my personal experience of ordering hundreds of items (cd's, vinyl, videos, dvd's, books, etc) online since late 1996, I have never had an item not arrive until dealing with Deep Discount.

Nigel.
Old 08-14-04, 01:06 PM

Deep Discount have come through in the end. I've been refunded.