Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will shipping with Digital Eyes be as bad as with DDD?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04, 10:55 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had serious problems when I ordered multiple orders through DDD for international delivery. Almost all of my orders did not turn up. Even apparently re-sent DVDs did not turn up. Several other people, both here and in different countries, had the same problem. Orders from other companies arrive without problems, so I am inclined to think there is an issue with DDD's shipping.

There are several DVDs I want to order through Digital Eyes, however, they use the same shipping service as DDD. Am I likely to have similar problems if I order through Digital Eyes?

I would appreciate comments, particularly from International customers.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-04, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a U.S. customer but think Digitaleyes is a more reliable shipper then DDD, even though they both ship from the same warehouse, and use media mail for free shipping. They seem to get orders out more quickly compared to DDD for in stock items. I really like them for preorders since they consistently ship out a week before the release date, and most of the time they arrive the following Tuesday. While DDD seems to be slower, especially on preorders. The last three DVDs I preordered from DDD were shipped several days past the release date. But if you suspect there is trouble with the particular shipping service then I would think Digitaleyes wouldn't be an improvement to DDD's shipping. However you may want to consider experimenting with a small order first as a test before deciding to place any further orders.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-16-04 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-16-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I get orders faster from Digital Eyes than DDD.