Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Digitaleyes.net

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digitaleyes.net

I did a search and that got me nowhere pretty quickly. Just wondering if anyone had any dealing with them. They have excellent prices, but you know what they say, "If it's too good to be true ...
Old 04-22-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've ordered from them a few times, great service, prices, and quick shipment. Mark, who runs it, posts here (in the Bargains forum at least) regularly to give us coupons etc. I would recommend them.
Old 04-22-04, 01:46 PM

cool, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 04-22-04, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good prices and pretty fast shipping.

Last edited by NaturalMystic79; 04-22-04 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-22-04, 01:53 PM
DrS

Done well by me; sometimes they are the cheapest, and sometimes their points thing makes things them cheapest. So far so good.

d
Old 04-22-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are a good store with excellent customer service. Check out the following thread for coupons and more information.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=356888
Old 04-22-04, 02:54 PM

My only complaint is when I purchased the Monroe set there, it had a huge price drop but they would not price match. So I had to return it at my expense and order it again from them two weeks later. I was kind of ticked off at that, why couldn't they just simply price match it.
Old 04-22-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I never had a problem with them.There free shipping seems to ship faster than other e-tailers.
Old 04-22-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They are my #1 source for Region 1 titles. Between their amazing customer service, quick shipping, great prices, coupons, and buyer incentive program, there is little reason for me to shop anywhere else for R1's.
Old 04-22-04, 07:19 PM

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I've placed one order with them, and I was not impressed with the service I got.

I ordered a disc (don't remember which off-hand) that was listed as in stock and shipping in 24 hours. I placed my order and waited. And waited.

A week after placing the order, it was still listed as "in processing". I called them up to ask why it was still in processing after a week, and the customer service representative said they would ship my order ASAP. A day or two later, the order status was updated to showed that it had shipped.

So I waited for it to arrive. And waited. Which I thought was really odd, since they're only one state across from me; and their sister company DeepDiscountDVD always gets packages to me in a day or two, even though I use USPS media mail.

Then a few days later I get an E-mail from somebody in the CS department saying that they had a package for me. Lo and behold, there's my package, after making its way through the university's mail system (which explains the delay). Then I looked at the shipping label and saw the problem.

My apartment is owned by the university, so my address looks like this:

My Name
My University
Apartment #
Street
City, State Zip

For some reason Digital Eyes instead shipped my package to:

My Name
Attn: My Name
My University
City, State Zip

Which meant the package got sent to the university proper rather than my apartment complex. I suspect that I would have never gotten my package if not for the fact I work in the university's CS department.

I know it was just a simple clerical error, but it's still a pretty big error to completely drop my apartment address from the shipping label. That, combined with the fact I never got an explanation (or apology) for why my "ships in 24 hours" package took a week to process, makes me hesitant to order from them again.
Old 04-22-04, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by GHackmann
Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I've placed one order with them, and I was not impressed with the service I got.

I ordered a disc (don't remember which off-hand) that was listed as in stock and shipping in 24 hours. I placed my order and waited. And waited.

A week after placing the order, it was still listed as "in processing". I called them up to ask why it was still in processing after a week, and the customer service representative said they would ship my order ASAP. A day or two later, the order status was updated to showed that it had shipped.

So I waited for it to arrive. And waited. Which I thought was really odd, since they're only one state across from me; and their sister company DeepDiscountDVD always gets packages to me in a day or two, even though I use USPS media mail.

Then a few days later I get an E-mail from somebody in the CS department saying that they had a package for me. Lo and behold, there's my package, after making its way through the university's mail system (which explains the delay). Then I looked at the shipping label and saw the problem.

My apartment is owned by the university, so my address looks like this:

My Name
My University
Apartment #
Street
City, State Zip

For some reason Digital Eyes instead shipped my package to:

My Name
Attn: My Name
My University
City, State Zip

Which meant the package got sent to the university proper rather than my apartment complex. I suspect that I would have never gotten my package if not for the fact I work in the university's CS department.

I know it was just a simple clerical error, but it's still a pretty big error to completely drop my apartment address from the shipping label. That, combined with the fact I never got an explanation (or apology) for why my "ships in 24 hours" package took a week to process, makes me hesitant to order from them again.
Please e-mail ([email protected]) me so I can look into this. This was not handled as it should have been.

Thanks,
Old 04-22-04, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Vision Society
My only complaint is when I purchased the Monroe set there, it had a huge price drop but they would not price match. So I had to return it at my expense and order it again from them two weeks later. I was kind of ticked off at that, why couldn't they just simply price match it.
E-mail me ([email protected]) so I can look into this.

Thanks,
Old 04-23-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm at the site now, and the used section isn't coming up for me.
Old 04-23-04, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
I'm at the site now, and the used section isn't coming up for me.
We have been doing a physical count so it is down. It will be back up this weekend.

Thanks,
Old 04-27-04, 03:35 PM

Um, so I pre-order the Monster Legacy set, but the order status is "on order. Back in stock soon!" (Their exclaimation point). Can someone tell me just what the point of pre-ordering is, if it goes out of stock before it's even released? I kind of thought that you pre-ordered to ensure you would get a copy shipped as soon as it came out. So, what exactly is the advantage to a pre-order?
Old 04-27-04, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by MonsterHunter
Um, so I pre-order the Monster Legacy set, but the order status is "on order. Back in stock soon!" (Their exclaimation point). Can someone tell me just what the point of pre-ordering is, if it goes out of stock before it's even released? I kind of thought that you pre-ordered to ensure you would get a copy shipped as soon as it came out. So, what exactly is the advantage to a pre-order?
Universal did not make enough to fill orders. ALL retailers were allocated on the title. We only received a small portion of the quantity we ordered. Orders were shipped out in order of customer orders. We are supposed to receive additional copies in early to mid-May. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 04-28-04, 02:57 PM

Hi Mark - How long do DVD Buyback credit take to hit an account? I want to take advantage of a price on a boxset before it goes up. I sent in my DVDs on the 5th. Email: [email protected]

Also...how do I know when my credit hits my account? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-28-04, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by tripleeric1
Hi Mark - How long do DVD Buyback credit take to hit an account? I want to take advantage of a price on a boxset before it goes up. I sent in my DVDs on the 5th. Email: [email protected]

Also...how do I know when my credit hits my account? Thanks for your help!
You will receive an e-mail when the credit posts. I checked into this and you should receive that in the AM.

Mark
Old 04-28-04, 08:56 PM

Just wondering if we should anticipate similar problems with pre-orders for the Wave 3 Disney tins as you had with the Monster Legacy set. Thanks.
Old 04-28-04, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by MonsterHunter
Just wondering if we should anticipate similar problems with pre-orders for the Wave 3 Disney tins as you had with the Monster Legacy set. Thanks.
That is not expected. As I said in prior posting, ALL retailers were allocated on the product and did not receive full orders. We are in good shape on the tins from what I understand.
Old 04-30-04, 01:07 AM

Digital Eyes, why you don't want to receive order from me because I am an Indonesian? I must admit, indeed, there are many credit card fraud cases from Indonesia but that doesn't mean that my credit card is fraud! I'm sure you can always check and conduct verification. I can fulfill all requirement if necessary, but of course, Digital Eyes must also protect my privacy and security of my number in their hands.

The first time I e-mail Digital Eyes, the reply is simply we don't receive order from Indonesia.

You've missed one potential customer. I use dvdpacific.com now.
Old 04-30-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mark, is the Adult Digital Eyes site still up? what's the url please?
Old 04-30-04, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by Djangoman
Digital Eyes, why you don't want to receive order from me because I am an Indonesian? I must admit, indeed, there are many credit card fraud cases from Indonesia but that doesn't mean that my credit card is fraud! I'm sure you can always check and conduct verification. I can fulfill all requirement if necessary, but of course, Digital Eyes must also protect my privacy and security of my number in their hands.

The first time I e-mail Digital Eyes, the reply is simply we don't receive order from Indonesia.

You've missed one potential customer. I use dvdpacific.com now.
Sometimes in business you must make decisions that affect many people based on the regional evidence. About 8 out of 10 orders we received from Indonesia were fraudulent. As a result, we had to cut off the country to protect ourselves. We do verifications on all cards, but even with this we were continually hit with chargebacks. I am sorry that you were affected by this decision.
Old 04-30-04, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by InnocentBlood
Mark, is the Adult Digital Eyes site still up? what's the url please?
I sold the adult site in 2000 and the guy completely ran it into the ground unfortunately.

Thanks for asking,
Old 05-02-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DigitalEyes
I sold the adult site in 2000 and the guy completely ran it into the ground unfortunately.

Thanks for asking,
that sucks Mark... but it's good to know that the original DE site is going strong

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.