Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

another ebay question...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

another ebay question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
another ebay question...

I won an ebay auction yesterday for 15 atari games(with a couple rare ones) for 8.50. I told a few people about it because I was pretty excited. now I'm waiting for a total with shipping since shipping wasn't listed. now here is my question: is it possible for 1 of the people I told to email the seller and offer more money and then make it to where I loose the auction even though I won? the seller hasn't contacted me yet and I sent them an email without going through ebay too. it has been over 27hrs. since I won. or am I just being paranoid?

another thing, the seller uses aol and my email is compuserve so I can check the status of it. if they just delete the email without reading it will my status still say "not yet read"?
Old 04-02-04, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The seller is required (by law) to sell to you. The only way he could get out of it is retract/cancel your bid for you, but he/she can't do that without your consent. And even then, it would go to the second highest bidder.

Of course not everyone follows the rules and what you're saying could have happened. Depending on where the seller is located, I'd give yourself at least 48-72 hours before you start worrying. People get busy, and if he isn't a big seller on ebay, it's probably something along those lines.
Old 04-03-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The seller can always say that he shipped the items and he didn't. Then refund your money. And try to sell the games to someone else.
Old 04-04-04, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
I think you're being paranoid. The general eBay guidelines are that the seller and buyer should be in contact within 72 hours of the end of the auction. Give it another couple days.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/quest...t-contact.html

Edit: Hm, although it's already been a couple days. Well, eBay says wait 3 business days, so I guess that makes it until Monday. If you still haven't heard, you should follow eBay's suggestion and request his contact information, and then give him a phone call. If his phone number listed with eBay is invalid, you should report it to eBay.
Old 04-05-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update?

I've got a strange ebay thing going on too, won an auction for a car stereo minus faceplate (I already have the faceplate). Guy seems real nice, said he was going to ship it out 8 days later (which is tomorrow) because he was just starting spring break, he also told me what he new radio was (I had asked).

In the meantime I checked out his past auctions and he had the exact same auction (text and picture), but with a different model number in the title, *twice* before. My guess is that he got confused when making the auction and relisted it with the right model number, but I don't know. I'll know for sure when I get it later this week, if I get it. He did just send me an email reminding me that he will be sending it tomorrow first thing and that he is sorry for the delay.
Old 04-05-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisHicks
it has been over 27hrs. since I won. or am I just being paranoid?
In my opinion, it is way too early to be anything other than paranoid. It has only been 1 day... no need to panic. Not all eBay sellers are online 24/7, and (as has been mentioned) eBay's own policy is to allow 3 days for this sort of thing.