Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How was your experience with the DDD 20% off coupons?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: How was your experince with the recent DeepDiscountDVD 20% off coupons?
Very happy!!! All of my DVD's have either arrived or are/should be on their way.
44.02%
Pleased. All of my orders are not yet complete, but I am very confident that everything will turn out just fine.
29.19%
It's a wash. I've had some difficulties, but the discount is worth the trouble . . .
6.70%
Not great. Things have gone wrong and my DVD's are gonna to come late, if at all. I really hope this doesn't happen next time.
9.57%
Ticked off!!! So much went wrong that I'm gonna be sorting this out for a long while. That's the last time I use DDD!!
8.61%
Other???
1.91%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-03, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got all of my 20% sale dvds yesterday...the wait was long and gruelling but I'll have xmas gifts to hand out.
Old 12-23-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got shipping notice for the final item in my (3) orders - the Mondo Cane box - I didn't think they'd come through once it went out of stock,but DDD does it again.
Old 12-23-03, 11:06 AM
Cool New Member

I got a backorder DVD but instead of THE WORK OF DIRECTOR SPIKE JONZE it was a second copy of THE WORK OF DIRECTOR MICHEL GONDRY from the same order. Pissed. I sent off an e-mail. I will see if there is a response or if I've get to start making calls and contacting the credit card company.

My only DVD still in backorder Alias Season 2 also has had substitution problems reported here. I spent $465 during this sale. Although it's just 2% of my orders, unless resolved quickly, I will have second thoughts from ordering from DDD again.
Old 12-24-03, 10:00 AM

My $1000+ order naturally got split up. I've received 2 email updates that they were shipped and have received both without any problems. Mint DVDs in a nicely packaged box.

Just received my 3 email that another batch was sent. I really don't mind them breaking up the order.... 1] prices were a GREAT DEAL ... 2] it spreads out the charges on my CC. Think about it... the backordered dvds are like still being able to purchase them @ 20% off a month later. Not bad.
Old 12-24-03, 12:12 PM

Not Sure
I ordered 1 movie before the deadline(12/5) I ordered it 12/4 waited untill 12/9 to get my email confirmation then waited untill 12/19 to finally get the movie in my hand. Was it worth the trouble for 1 movie probably not, would it have been worth it for a bigger order probably(bigger discount) would i try them once more yeah but if it was the same crappy shipping I would be out on DDD
Old 12-25-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pleased. A couple of my backordered items shipped out a couple of days ago. And I am just waiting on 2 more items.
Old 12-25-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am thoroughly satisfied with the service. 9 items ordered 1 was backordered but shipped 4 days after the original order. All arrived within a week of shipment. to DDD from where it sit.
Old 12-25-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Very good, as usual. I received a shipment of 24 DVDs promptly. Three that were out of stock at the time have been sent since, and three more will be sent in the future.
Old 12-26-03, 08:24 AM

Pleased, so far. I made 4 orders, and the first item they shipped Scarface Giftset took 3 weeks sharp to ship from USA to Finland - that's quite slow i'd say (however quite normal for DDD). However, good luck there as it didn't go thru customs.. saved me some 12euro's there. The rest 6 discs, havent arrived yet - each sent separately as they weren't all in stock at the moment. Hopefully they'll arrive safe.
Old 12-26-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts
I couldn't order a huge number of DVDs unfortunately, but the ones I did order arrived within the usual time, no problems at all. I was especially impressed that they were able to get a title that was on backorder shipped out and in time for Christmas.
Old 12-26-03, 10:19 PM

Still waiting on one item, but really.... Anyone that placed an order and expected to get everything before xmas in the holiday mess is seriously deluded.
Old 12-26-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very happy with my purchase. Item arrived in exactly 1 week of order date, and that was with free shipping.
Old 12-27-03, 01:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Despite the slow shipping, back orders, etc., my DDD experience was great. I figured out what the same purchases would have cost me in a B&M store, including tax, and I saved a bundle. Completely worth it if you ask me. I hope they do it again next year!
Old 12-27-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received everything in time for Xmas, except Baby Snakes which was a pre-order and not covered by the 20% off anyway. That should be here any day now.

VERY pleased with DDD now. The Battlestar Galactica set rocks!
Old 12-29-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still have three items that haven't shipped. All of which gave an estimated ship date of two weeks ago.
Old 12-29-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here is an update with my backordered DVDs. Received the Naked Kiss and Once Upon a Time in the West today. Had a floater disc in Once Upon a Time in the West but at least it didn't get scratched. Now have only one more on backorder. That makes a total of 30 out of 31 received from the sale.
Old 12-30-03, 11:25 AM
Banned

I ordered two boxed sets and both arrived well before Christmas. I was very happy.
Old 12-30-03, 08:52 PM
Cool New Member

Very happy with DDD. I ordered 3 DVD box sets and I got 2 of them a week after ordering them. I just got my last confirmation that my last box set shipped yesterday. I didn't mind waiting a little longer because it was such a great deal.
Old 12-31-03, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Alias Season 2 finally shipped yesterday, still have a few outstanding backorders.
Old 12-31-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I choose other. I only ordered one thing, the Spawn animated set, and it was supposed to ship on the 8th or something. I was shifted to being back ordered and I just got an e-mail saying it shipped today. I am happy with the price I paid, and I'm not really upset about the wait, but it was just a long delay on a dvd that was "in stock" when I ordered.
Old 12-31-03, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
ok, just a little update...
apparently someone from the main corporate office read my message in this Forum (seriously) cause the next day i got an email with a direct link from DVDtalk from Mr. Rick Mejorado (CSR manager) we worked on my problems....
Well I would love it if Mr. Rick Mejorado would explain to me how DDD has managed twice to send me product mutilated with a thick black permanent felt magic marker strip across the UPC code: The first one, and the second replacement one — identical, right down to their thick, obtrusive, disgusting felt markings. There is no way I can give either of these as gifts.

DDD ORDER NOS. 21814266 and 021731576 not that I expect a factory-sealed and unmutilated edition of Cleopatra to ever show up from Deep Discount DVD, now that they've done this to me twice.

MISS PEACH
Old 12-31-03, 10:08 PM

I got most of my order VERY quickly and was happy about that. ALIAS Season 2 was on backorder, but it apparently shipped today. Not a really big deal since I have a lot of other stuff to watch. Great sale and I hope they do it again. Unlike other retailers (Tower Records), they did not seem to bump prices up 20% before beginning the promo.
Old 01-02-04, 04:49 PM

I'm more than pleased, my only regret is that I didn't order more DVDs! I placed an order for six box sets, for a total of just over $200... can't complain about those savings! They arrived in three orders due to some out-of-stock items, in reasonable condition (to be perfectly honest, one of the sets had a dinged corner on the cardboard case, but that's no big deal to me.) All three arrived reasonably quickly, using the standard free shipping - even with the big sale *and* the out-of-stock stuff, I got all three packages before Christmas.

IMHO DDD is a fine e-tailer, and I won't hesitate to order again... at least, once I finish watching all these DVDs! ^__^
Old 01-02-04, 10:57 PM

Appears talemyn's first post was mostly correct in that the majority were happy but still 20% are less than entirely happy and I think there are enough numbers submitted now for this to be a good cross section for the total number. There is no doubting that there was significant savings with the coupon.
Old 01-03-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I had several orders and they all shipped in good time except for my Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVDs. However, thats not DDDs fault. No local stores seem to be able to get those in stock either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.