Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-03, 12:40 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD Problems!!

I checked my order status on an order I placed on the 5th at deepdiscount for just the Alien Quadrilogy, and found there to be $350 worth of items in the order!!! They must have caught most of it, because they said that only three items couldn't be stopped from shipping. Check your orders!!!!! Pre-authorization on my card for the full amount grrrrrrrrrr.
Old 12-09-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do try and post in the correct forum. Mooooooving.....
Old 12-09-03, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

same thing kind of happened to me, but they charged me twice for items. ex.

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ----------
1 COL052399 DVD : POETIC JUSTICE $7.92
1 COL052399 POETIC JUSTICE $7.92

my card was charged double too. hopefully they fix it. yet another reason why i f$%^&*g hate this company. I'll never learn.
Old 12-09-03, 04:07 PM

Are you sure it was 100% their fualt?

I know when picking things out i kept getting errors on the site, but since i clicked the same item a few times it added more to my kart and i caught that when i checked out.
Old 12-09-03, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Half-Joey

I know when picking things out i kept getting errors on the site, but since i clicked the same item a few times it added more to my kart and i caught that when i checked out.
So did I. I even had to start over once because of a removal problem - chgd qty to -0-, clicked update & it came back as qyu 35000+. Maximized my discount, but I don't think DDD would have that many of that title available to ship & I probably couldn't get rid of them on fleabay if I tried.
Old 12-09-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Half-Joey

yea it's their fault because it's listed as one item in my order status online, and if u look they're two slightly different line items for the same DVD, and it's not a quantity of 2.
Old 12-10-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was also charged double for buying 1 copy of Spellbound. I know the problem is on their side because when they send me confirmation email of the order, it stated 1 copy of Spellbound is ordered. Then when they shipped it, they sent me email stating 2 copies is shipped and my credit card is charged double. But when I received the package in the mail, only 1 copy of Spellbound is in it. But on their web site, they still say they are charging double for 2 copies of Spellbound. Anyone know what to do? I already emailed DDD and they said just to ignore it. But I don't want my credit card to be charged for 2 copies when I only bought and received 1 copy of a DVD.
Old 12-11-03, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Anyone know what to do?
If you were charged double and DDD refuses to issue a refund your only option is to dispute the charge with your credit card company.
Old 12-15-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just checked my order I placed with DDD to find out that the dvd I ordered is now on backorder. However, 4 other dvds were tacked onto my order, of which two have shipped. DDD charged my CC for the two shipped dvds - though I didn't order either. When I called DDD (on hold for long time), they said they were aware of the problem. However, they would not credit my card. Now I have to wait til I receive the dvds and the return label that was just sent. Then mail them back and wait for DDD to get and process them. When that is done, DDD said they will credit my card.

I do not feel I should have to wait until then to receive my credit. If they know they pulled the funds without my authorization, then they should put the funds back. I understand their situation, but I should not be out $$ because of their error.

I know a lot of people have had good experiences with DDD, and I have too, but the bad experiences seem to be adding up quickly. I normally don't mind some of the problems like slow shipping and crap always showing up backordered after I order it since I take that stuff into account before I order through them - but I think I have finally reached my limit. Saving $1 is not worth the hassel that DDD has become to me.

Maybe I should charge DDD a handling fee when I receive the dvds....
Old 12-15-03, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Just claim non-receipt with your CC company. If DDD can't prove you received them you should get your money back.
Old 12-15-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just claim non-receipt with your CC company. If DDD can't prove you received them you should get your money back.
I believe I am going to call my CC company and have them reverse the charge. I just do see how DDD can sit there and hold my money when they know I didn't order the dvds.
Old 12-15-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by cpgator
I just checked my order I placed with DDD to find out that the dvd I ordered is now on backorder. However, 4 other dvds were tacked onto my order, of which two have shipped. DDD charged my CC for the two shipped dvds - though I didn't order either. When I called DDD (on hold for long time), they said they were aware of the problem. However, they would not credit my card. Now I have to wait til I receive the dvds and the return label that was just sent. Then mail them back and wait for DDD to get and process them. When that is done, DDD said they will credit my card.

I do not feel I should have to wait until then to receive my credit. If they know they pulled the funds without my authorization, then they should put the funds back. I understand their situation, but I should not be out $$ because of their error.

I know a lot of people have had good experiences with DDD, and I have too, but the bad experiences seem to be adding up quickly. I normally don't mind some of the problems like slow shipping and crap always showing up backordered after I order it since I take that stuff into account before I order through them - but I think I have finally reached my limit. Saving $1 is not worth the hassel that DDD has become to me.

Maybe I should charge DDD a handling fee when I receive the dvds....
Well, if this were a regular order that happened on an average day during the year, I'm sure that it wouldn't have a happened. I think that there were some extenuating circumstances here (even if maybe DDD should have been more prepared for the amount of traffic that they received) due to the sale.

As for you credit card charges . . . and I'm not being sarcastic here . . . are you near your limit on your card? If not, then just let the charges sit there . . . they'll get credited back when DDD gets the discs back (most easily done by just writing "Refused" on them and popping them back in the mail). I realize that it is more the prinicple of the thing than anything else, but hopefully, it shouldn't be too big of a problem to remedy.
Old 12-15-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually it is a visa debit card, so it pulls the funds out of my checking account. While it certainly will not break me, it would be nice to have that money back prior to Christmas....

But yea, it is more the principal than the money at this point. I feel DDD should return my money, and not make it contingent upon me returning the dvds.

And your right, had this had been a different day the problem probably would not have happened. However I am not upset with what happened, but with how they have decided to resolve the issue.
Old 12-15-03, 03:10 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If it is debit card, you may be SOL. A VISA debit card doesn't offer the same protection as a VISA credit card.
Old 12-15-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by eau
If it is debit card, you may be SOL. A VISA debit card doesn't offer the same protection as a VISA credit card.
yes it does.

just depends on how your bank wants to handle it. BofA, you give them a call, funds are reversed and available the next morning. When I worked at Etrade Bank, we needed a dispute letter MAILED in and then you'd receive credit in 14 days lol.
Old 12-15-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have already called my bank and explained the situation. All I have to do is go to a branch and fill out a form. It is just too bad I have to go through this instead of DDD stepping up and doing the right thing. Imagine going to Best Buy to buy something and then notice that they ran up additional items - and then told you it would take at least 2 weeks for you to get a refund....
Old 12-15-03, 09:06 PM

Never had a problem with them.