Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question with Bestbuy.com preorder and Best Buy Reward Zone....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two seperate questions:

1) Pre-ordered Finding Nemo from BestBuy.com with that big $5 off deal for signing in a couple weeks ago. With the $19.99 price then it turned out to be $16 or so with tax.

So BestBuy is selling Nemo tomorrow for $15.99....I assumed when they changed this price I'd get credited $4 ($19.99-$15.99) but I didn't. Called Customer Service and they said they couldn't credit me on that price and I was lucky to get it with the $5 off in the first place? Is this BS? I mean it's only $4, but I have a feeling I can get it down to this price.

My CC has been charged and the DVD was shipped out, but I'm sure they can still credit me $4....

2) Number 2...easy one probably. I got a Reward Zone $5 thing in the mail...so essentially when I use this $5 off my order (and when they scan my card) I am getting $10 worth of money on my reward zone account and NOT $15 (which it would've been without the $5 off)?

If so, BB is very very sneaky
Old 11-04-03, 10:30 PM
Cool New Member

I also pre-ordered. Unfortunately, after a lengthy discussion with their so called customer service, it does say on the website that they do not price match, even their own site. If I had done a pick up instead of delivery, I would have been able to price match.

What a stupid policy! There is no incentive to pre-order from them. Amazon allows you to get their lower price. I don't know who the genius was who decided this.

BTW, I plan to return the disk when I receive it and lose the $5. I went today and pricematched at the B&M with Circuit City. I tried to use the Coming Attractions 10% off Disney coupon, but since the sale price is "a special offer", the coupon doesn't apply.

What BS.
Old 11-11-03, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought BB had the policy that if you pre-order an item and it is lower on release day, the price will be adjusted? Maybe because you used a coupon?

Anyways, BB is horrible, because you can't use Reward Zone points on online purchases and they don't match their own website. Futurama was $29.99 on the website and $33.99 in-store, and I tried to match and they said they can't. They said to buy it online, then I said I can't use my reward zone card, and they said so...
Old 11-12-03, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just preordered the new pink CD and they adjusted the price from 14.99 to 9.99 before they shipped it out