Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Adult Empire Dvd Rentals

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Adult Empire Dvd Rentals

Old 10-28-03, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adult Empire Dvd Rentals

Here's a funny story regarding this rental service.

I originally signed up for the $14.95 plan allowing me to have two dvds out at a time.

I received my first two rentals in three days. I sent back the dvds the following day and it took six to eight days for them to be checked back in.

My next two dvds were then sent. I waited over two weeks and never received them. I contacted customer service which "returned" the dvds and sent out my next two choices.

Three days later, I check my wish list and see that one of the dvds just sent has now been returned. I hadn't even received it yet! In the mail that day were two rental envelopes, one which was empty.

Don't these mail rental companies understand that when they have "RENTAL" and "DVD" plastered all over the front of their envelopes that people are going to rip them off?

Needless to say, I promptly canceled my rental subscription with Adult Empire DVD.
Old 10-29-03, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear FILMCZY--

I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience with the Adult DVD Empire Rentals service. We have made many adjustments since starting this program in July as a result of customer input and our own observations.

While we have been successful in upgrading the amount of items available for rent, decreasing the lag in items shipping out from customer's rental lists and revamping our stocking system to better reflect items customers are waiting to have come into stock, we are still making attempts at better securing our items while they are in shipment. And though we have done some redesigning of the layout of our Rentals mailers and the sleeves in which our DVDs are kept, there are some issues with the USPS that we cannot fix. As a result, sometimes customers do experience unusual lags in shipping times or loss of items. We do our best to re-ship items and compensate customers for their trouble in these instances.

As for the exterior of our particular mailers, they are blue and white with a return address titled Empire Rentals, and no mention of DVD elsewhere on them.

I appreciate your comments and want you to know that myself and my staff are doing our best to develop this program into the most reliable and efficient Rentals service on the web. There have been some glitches along the way, and of course there will be some variables that we cannot control, but we make efforts daily to minimize these as much as we can.

If you would like to make additional comments or have any questions you are welcome to contact me via [email protected].

Thank you,
Melissa Z
Empire Rentals Site Manager