Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Paypal charging a fee for every sale... when did that start?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Paypal charging a fee for every sale... when did that start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding PAYPAL fees to the auction total, even if the seller clearly states this in the auction description, is against Ebay rules.
Interestingly, it was once against PayPal's rules too (I know because I looked it up AND got email confirmation at the time), but now I can't find it mentioned in their rules! But, since it's owned by eBaY now, I suppose it's covered by the eBaY rule.
Old 10-23-03, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind that if the buyer sends you money with checking account funds, then your personal PayPal account CANNOT accept this payment IF THE BUYER CHOOSES "credit card" as their BACKUP PAYMENT.

Annoying little detail... Unfortunately, most PayPal users that pay with their checking account forget to choose something OTHER THAN CREDIT CARD for their "backup" payment option.

I just always use my Premier account instead of going through the hassle of having them pay my personal account with "checking" funds, finding out they chose "credit card" as their backup method, rejecting the original payment and asking them to repay to my "premier" account.