Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else happen to order: Scarlet Diva (Asia Argento auto. version) from DDD?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Did anyone else happen to order: Scarlet Diva (Asia Argento auto. version) from DDD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-03, 02:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered this title immediatley after getting an email from DDD (Deep Discount DVD) that stated that the next 30 people to order the DVD would receive an autographed copy signed by Scarlet Diva and XXX star Asia Argento.

A day or so later: I emailed DDD to see if I got in on 1 of the 30 and they told me there was no way to know for sure until I received my order.

Today: I look at my order status on the web site and I see: BACKORDERED

So, I guess I wasn't one of the first 30 - which I find very hard to believe - unless somebody ordered all 30 immediately maybe to sell on ebay or somethin'?

Anyone else order this - hoping to get one of the autographed copies?
Old 02-27-03, 02:37 AM

I ordered one copy for myself shortly after reading the email from DDD. Mine also shows as a "backorder" with an estimated ship date of March 3. While I would like to have the title eventually, I only ordered the DVD in hopes of getting an autographed one. Otherwise, I would have saved my money and waited. It was difficult for me to pull the trigger on this deal in the first place because I couldn't estimate how soon 30 would sell. It looks like we may be disappointed.
Old 02-27-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also ordered it immediately after receiving the e-mail. I had planned on getting it, so trying for an autographed copy was a no-brainer. My copy was shipped on 2/24, but I have no way of knowing if it's autographed or not.
Old 02-27-03, 10:19 AM
Banned

If yours is showing shipped - I'd say you have a better chance than those who show backordered.

Or....maybe she hasn't signed any yet - and they are holding the first 30 who ordered until she does....

Probably just wishfull thinking on my part though....
Old 02-27-03, 10:43 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think DDD went about this the wrong way - they should have made the 30 signed copies a different item and only taken 30 orders on them.

Now they stand to piss off a bunch of customers who potentially will return their unsigned copies.
Old 02-27-03, 11:59 AM
Banned

Yep - I would have to agree. I'm not all that pissed off with them though - I pretty much order all my "planned purchases" with them and have never had a problem really.

I probably won't cancel my order - I wanted to watch/rent SD anyway - if I don't like it - I'll jut sell it or trade it down the road...

l
Old 02-27-03, 01:01 PM

I happened to be online when the e-mail was sent out. It arrived in my inbox at 12:07pm EST. I ordered right away and my order confirmation arrived at 12:09pm.

My order shipped on MOnday the 24th.

I'll let you know as soon as I get it. I did only order 1 though, if some ass ordered all 30 that would be pretty low and they shouldn't allow it.
Old 02-27-03, 01:11 PM
Banned

I was online too - just checked and I got the email from DDD at 12:29pm

My order confirmation didn't come back until 01:18

Looks like I missed out for sure now! Oh well!

Good luck to those who had it shipped on the 24th - hopefully you'll get one that is signed...
Old 02-27-03, 03:28 PM

I just called DDD and was told that they shipped out all of the autographed copies already, so those of us with backordered status won't be getting Asia Argento's signature. I also asked about the estimated shipping date, and the CSR checked the computer which shows March 9 instead of March 3, as my status on their site shows. I think I will probably cancel my order for now and wait to pick this up later. I wonder if anyone else would have autographed copies, although it's hard to beat DDD's prices.
Old 02-28-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damnit, I just ordered this from them last month!
Old 02-28-03, 08:59 AM
Banned

I tried cancelling my order and they tell me that I cannot:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

Sorry, we are unable to cancel the order due to the order has already been sent to our warehouse for shipment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

DeepDiscountDVD Customer Service
[email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is pretty much un-acceptable from DDD.

The order status clearly shows that it will not ship for another 3 days (at the earliest) and they won't let me cancel it now?

For this $12 title - it's simply not worth the hassle of returning it to DDD once I get it. So - I think I'll just take my frustration out by not placing any more orders with DDD.

So, they may have just lost my business - and to think that I had about $400 worth of pre-orders in my cart that I had been planning on ordering today. Not now. No way.
Old 02-28-03, 04:07 PM

mdbunting, I find myself in the same quandary as you. I too tried to cancel today and was told that it has already shipped. To pervert an old saying, I guess he who hesitates loses out. I called and was told that once I receive the package, I can write "return to sender" on it and mail it back to the post office unopened. Once they receive it, my account will be credited. Well, with DeepDiscountDVD's usual shipping time, I would count on that taking at least a full month. I'm not really angry at DDD, but I am disappointed that CSRs spouted conflicting information and that even at no cost to me, it looks like the return process will be an enormous hassle. I'm just soured that I went for the "autographed" special. Of course, with sending back the sealed package, I'll have no way of verifying that I didn't get an unsigned DVD. To top it off, the CSR I spoke to today was far less friendly than anyone I've ever contacted at DDD, bordering on behaving rudely.

Last edited by Mr. Gore; 02-28-03 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-01-03, 09:36 AM

Ordered immediately, received today, no autograph. wonder if there were any
Old 03-02-03, 05:08 AM

Originally posted by FD Mike
Ordered immediately, received today, no autograph. wonder if there were any

Received mine yesterday, autographed all the way baby. The autograph is under the wrapper and now I don't want to open it.
Old 03-03-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by davidking
Received mine yesterday, autographed all the way baby. The autograph is under the wrapper and now I don't want to open it.
Can you describe how it was autographed? I think mine was autographed as well and I want to make sure I'm not mistaking it for an autograph that is normally on the packaging. The autograph I have is in silver and starts on the spine and ends on her right wrist (the one covering her breast).
Old 03-07-03, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by BSTNFAN
Can you describe how it was autographed? I think mine was autographed as well and I want to make sure I'm not mistaking it for an autograph that is normally on the packaging. The autograph I have is in silver and starts on the spine and ends on her right wrist (the one covering her breast).
Sorry for the delay, I forgot the thread was moved.

mine is black sharpie. But its the other way around, it starts at the right hand/boob and signed downward ending just about even with the bottom of the "S" of Scarlet. Mine looks similar to the one in the DDD email, just not as long.

Do a search for scarlet diva on ebay and check out the signed ones. I'm sure it will match if you are having fears that its a fake. I doubt ddd would go through the trouble of making a fake just to sell it at the normal price of an unsigned one.
Old 03-09-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The autograph on mine looks like the ones on ebay, but those are in black and mine is in silver. I'm not sure why they're different, but at least it appears to be authentic. I'm not planning on selling, but the ones on ebay are going for almost $50!!