Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Did anyone get their TAU order from Christmas/New Year's Day?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There was a thread in here that I can't seem to find for some reason. Does anyone know the link? I've tried searching Total Action Universe but didn't come up with it.

On Christmas or New Year's Day (I believe) the Canadian store had free shipping and an extra 10? percent off per order.

I ordered a few things and have not heard a word from them. At the time a few people said they hadn't had very good luck w/the company shipping, but a few others said they'd gotten their act together.
Old 01-20-03, 12:04 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have never done me wrong. I have always been extremely happy with purchasing from TAU. Shoot them an email asking for an order update. It may take them a day or so, but they always reply.
Old 01-20-03, 06:31 AM

I ordered only one title that shipped after two weeks and got to me in a week, last Monday.
Old 01-20-03, 08:50 AM

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them. they sent me an email asking if I minded that they ship it separately at no additional cost to me, I said sure. they replied that the 1st group was shipped; but I haven't received anything yet. I have had about 50/50 experience from them; I've only ordered 3 times from them (this being the 3rd). The 1st time I never recieved my shippment, after several emails / phone calls it was taken care of AND they game me a discount for the problems. The second time, no complaints.
Old 01-20-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know my "about a boy" was shipped last Tuesday and "Bourne" was shipped last friday...neither has arrived yet.
Old 01-20-03, 01:13 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by RonBoster
I know my "about a boy" was shipped last Tuesday and "Bourne" was shipped last friday...neither has arrived yet.
Neither should have arrived yet. They are in Canada, the FAR WEST part of Canada.

If you had your order shipped regular mail, it could take 2 weeks or longer due to Customs delays.
Old 01-20-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Call them, they're friendly. I got all 7 seasons of Star Trek TNG and they even emailed me because my credit card put a fraud hold on the order. They even sent the order expedited to compensate me for the "inconvenience". That just means they'll be getting even more of my business when I go to buy my next batch of box sets.

FWIW I think I received my order about a week or so ago and placed it on boxing day (12/26). But it didn't actually ship out until January.
Old 01-20-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered 3 box sets from them. Received Buffy Season 3 last week, Babylon 5 was shipped last week, and ST: Deep Space Nine isn't coming out for another month. I checked my CC statements and everything seems ok. I'm happy so far.
Old 01-20-03, 11:56 PM

Shoot them an email and enquire, they'll let you know. They told me their still adding more features online so hopefully see that soon. I didn't order too much on boxing day because x-mas racked up the card but one in stock item & DS9 season one set (pre-order). I got the in stock item like a week or so ago and it was even cheaper because I used my club points on that order .
Old 01-21-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They just emailed back and said that they were waiting on one box set to ship, but they can ship what's in now for no extra charge. So I said go for it. Hopefully the Spaghetti Western Collection will show soon.