Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MachiavelDVD.com 10/10 for Rare/Obscure DVDs

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-18-02, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A member of this forum recommended a new e-tailer and I already ordered twice. Being a fan of rare horror and Asian movies, I was surprised by the selection of imports from all over the world. The service was fast and the owner was very friendly. The site is pretty cool. The information on each title is complete and we know if it is in stock or not. I used to order at Diabolik but I may change. Hope his inventory will grow. So have a look at :

http://www.machiaveldvd.com
Old 12-18-02, 09:57 AM
NMA

I am an international user and I used machiaveldvd and I am very impressed with their service. First of all, they provide an incredible customer service, very friendly. I ordered "ILSA Tigress of Siberia" and "Guinea Pig 3" from them and I am sure that I will keep using them in the future.

Highly recommended!
Old 12-20-02, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,239 Likes on 825 Posts
Yup, the guy lives 5 min from me. Oddly enough, we figured out we knew each other after my 1st order. We'd met once on a DVD trade. I put two orders with him so far. Great service. Very fast e-mail replies if you have questions, open to suggestions if you want stuff he doesn't have. Highly recommended.

And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with machiaveldvd.
Old 02-22-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Has anybody ordered from them recently? Can you provide me with details of your good/bad experiences.

Looking at their website, they have some titles that I'm looking for plus they are a Canadian site, they have decent prices and I won't get charged an obscene amount of money for shipping. Just want it to see some members feedback before placing an order.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-05, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by eXcentris
Yup, the guy lives 5 min from me. Oddly enough, we figured out we knew each other after my 1st order. We'd met once on a DVD trade. I put two orders with him so far. Great service. Very fast e-mail replies if you have questions, open to suggestions if you want stuff he doesn't have. Highly recommended.

And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with machiaveldvd.
Hi excentris, I noticed you live in Montreal, like me. Sorry If I am to hijack this thread, but could you give me any good addresses to buy DVDs in the city? I pretty much always buy online, except with the occasional visit to the DVD store in the underground mall (very near Paramount). But besides that, I am unaware of places which offer a variety of DVDs including Criterions?

Any help, would be much appreciated!
Old 03-19-05, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Has anybody ordered from them recently? Can you provide me with details of your good/bad experiences.

Looking at their website, they have some titles that I'm looking for plus they are a Canadian site, they have decent prices and I won't get charged an obscene amount of money for shipping. Just want it to see some members feedback before placing an order.

Thanks in advance.
I've placed several orders with them. Always very quick service and they keep you well notified of your order process. I would highly recommend.
Old 06-01-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahab
I've placed several orders with them. Always very quick service and they keep you well notified of your order process. I would highly recommend.
Glad to hear this. I'm going to be placing a "House of Flying Daggers" order with them! Thanks.
Old 06-01-05, 03:14 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
They have an impressive Spaghetti Western collection.