Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Questions on DvdDeepDiscount.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-09-02, 11:57 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these the same DVDs you get at Columbia House, Best Buy, Etc? Do they punch out the UPC or anything or is it a mint copy? Also has anyone had problems with them?
Old 12-10-02, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
I've never had a problem with any order. No punch outs (to be honest I've never seen any of these at all for DVDs), all copies have been mint. When I use the free shipping option it takes around 7 business days.
Old 12-10-02, 12:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This forum, the DVD Talk "Main" forum, is more for discussion of DVD specs like release dates and special features. We also have a Store Forum in which questions about different on-and-off-line stores can be asked and answered.

DeepDiscountDVD (which I'm guessing is the store you mean) sells new, sealed DVDs. Not promos (which often have the UPC punched out), not used or repackaged. They're just like the ones you'd get at other stores that sell new DVDs.

I think some people have issues about their slow shipping... but it's free, and their prices are usually the lowest total price. And if not, they will pricematch total prices with other online sites. I recommend them, but try doing a search for other members' comments about this store for more opinions.

Moving to Store Forum.
Old 12-10-02, 12:46 AM

I definitely recommend them, but the shipping time is SLOW. (Two to three weeks in my case, normally.) However, the shipping is free, and everything has arrived in great condition.
Old 12-10-02, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDD is a great place to order from and has excellent service. I usually get my order in 5-6 days.
Old 12-10-02, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great store. I order most of my older titles here. As long as I can wait for it (up to two weeks) I think its the best.
Old 12-10-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
They've always treated me right.

And I can't say that their shipping is any slower than anybody else's. I've always gotten everything I've ordered from DDD within a week (unless it's a pre-order, in which case, I've received the DVDs the day before, of, or after street date).

The DVDs have always been well-packaged, and arrive in excellent condition.
Old 12-10-02, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How do you get them to pricematch their discs? Thanks.
Old 12-11-02, 01:10 AM

Click where it says "Lowest Price/Satisfaction Guaranteed" at the top of the page.

edit: I just clicked it and got an error, but when it works it will explain their PM policy.
Old 12-11-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have I had problems with www.dvddeepdiscount.com? Never heard of them.

Assuming you mean www.deepdiscountdvd.com, I've had good luck with them. It takes a while for some people in California to receive their media mail for some reason, but it gets to me quickly (I live in the same state).
Old 12-13-02, 11:48 AM
Cool New Member

I live in Iowa, and I usually get my shipment within 3-5 days. One exception was Star Wars I & II. They shipped prior to my order of Sunset Boulevard by about a week. Yet I got Sunset Boulevard a day before the Star Wars order. So go figure. I can't explain that one.
Old 12-17-02, 08:59 PM

I like Deepdiscountdvd. But I do have a problem with their preorders. They often lower the price on their preorders as the release date approaches. They don't lower your price if you preorder early. They just ship at the original higher price. Other online stores will automatically ship at the lower price. Other than that I use tem for the majority of my purchases.