Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Pricematching the $9.99 SP:Season 1 at DDD

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-02, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the rest of you that tried to get DDD to pricematch the South Park DVD to media play's price, the price match was rejected.

I suggest you all pressure DDD, because after a few emails to them, they agreed to honour the price.
Old 11-18-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
How about honoring amazon.ca's price on Band Of Brothers?

Shadow
Old 11-18-02, 08:10 PM

They won't match that cause it's not a USA retailer.
Old 11-18-02, 08:40 PM

They should absolutely honor this price it is clearly stated in there policy. I am a pretty high volume customer for DDD and if they go against there own policy I will be pissed!

DeepDiscountDVD.com Guarantees

GUARANTEED LOWEST TOTAL PRICE

DeepDiscountDVD.com guarantees offering the lowest total price on any individual, in stock, DVD of any other online retailer of DVDs. If you find an individual DVD offered from any other online retailer at a lower total price than offered at DeepDiscountDVD.com we will match the lower advertised price.

To receive the lowest total price guarantee, simply email the URL linking to the product information page showing the lower total price of an individual DVD (including shipping & handling charges) to [email protected] and we will match the price.
Please put PRICE MATCH in the subject line.

Due to fluctuations in exchange rates DeepDiscountDVD.com will not price match Canadian etailers.

The lowest *total price guarantee applies only to like products sold at other qualified online retailers of DVDs during the same time period. DeepDiscountDVD.com will not match competitors' coupons. The guarantee does not apply to items sold at auction, trading or "swap" sites or those sold by individuals not qualifying as retailers. Online retailers that do not disclose contact information, including a mailing address and origin of shipments will not be price matched. Online retailers known to list or sell DVDs from unauthorized sources will not be price matched.

The guarantee does not apply to items sold at offline retail locations. Product sent via an expedited shipping method or to international addresses (including Canada) is not covered as part of the lowest total price guarantee.

We reserve the right to limit quantities.

Total Price

DeepDiscountDVD.com determines the lowest total price of an individual DVD as follows:

Product Price + Standard Shipping & Handling = Total Price*

*Sales tax charged for items shipping to an Illinois address not included in the "Total Price Guarantee".

FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING

DeepDiscountDVD.com ships your orders at no charge via USPS Standard delivery, allow 5 to 10 business days for delivery.* Expedited delivery via USPS Priority Mail and UPS Next Day Air service is available for a fee.

*International orders (including Canada) are excluded.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

DeepDiscountDVD.com wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you decide within 30 days that you do not want the product you purchased you may return it for a full refund or exchange as long as it is unopened in its original packaging.

Returning a Package

DeepDiscountDVD.com reserves the right to change or update these policies at any time without notice.
Old 11-18-02, 08:53 PM

DeepDiscountDVD.com guarantees offering the lowest total price on any individual, in stock, DVD of any other online retailer of DVDs.
IN STOCK -- those are the magic words.
Old 11-18-02, 09:06 PM
Cool New Member

I emailed them right after the deal was posted, and they told me that it was 29$ when they checked, and they would beat it at 28 blah blah..

If mediaplay raised the price back up just because they were out of stock, its pretty lame if its going to keep the rest of us from PM'ing everywhere
Old 11-18-02, 09:06 PM

IN STOCK -- those are the magic words
They told me the reason for not matching the price was because it was a misprice - to which I told them to ask media play if it was.
Old 11-18-02, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by de5perado
They told me the reason for not matching the price was because it was a misprice - to which I told them to ask media play if it was.
Hmmm...Misprice? There was an ad indicating that it was
$19.99 (before the discount) and $10 instant discount. If
you ordered it Friday (if mediaplay lame server let you) it was
$9.99
Old 11-18-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by de5perado
Ditto here. I gave them a phone number.
Old 11-18-02, 09:26 PM

I've had trouble price matching things before at a B&M retailer here in canada called Future Shop (owned by the same ppl as Best Buy in the states). If it's a $2-$3 differnce they'll do it no problem, but anything more than that they'll come up with any excuse they can.

I've tried to get futureshop.ca to match the website www.cnl.com before and I've had them come up with all kinds of excuses from saying that you have to become a "member" to be able to buy from them (becoming a "member" consists of creating an account - as you have to do with any site you wish to order from, just different wording than some) and once they even accused cnl.com of having stolen all the dvd's they're selling.
Old 11-18-02, 10:06 PM
Cool New Member

I don't see any $9.99 at Media Play? Can someone please post a link or something?
Old 11-18-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SergeantD
I don't see any $9.99 at Media Play? Can someone please post a link or something?
I think it's too late, because I believe someone said in another thread the sale was only for last week.
Old 11-18-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 235 Posts
When I asked for a pricematch, the dvd was still in stock (shipped in 3 to 5 days).

tasha
Old 11-18-02, 10:47 PM

When I asked for a pricematch, the dvd was still in stock (shipped in 3 to 5 days).
same here
Old 11-18-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

why do you think they waited?
Old 11-18-02, 11:36 PM

why do you think they waited?
Because they knew the price was gonna go back up
Old 11-18-02, 11:38 PM

Same story here, got an email saying the price shows 29.xx and they had it for 29.x(x-1). Guess that one business day response time did us in since we mostly tried on Friday or later.
Old 11-18-02, 11:48 PM

Same story here, got an email saying the price shows 29.xx and they had it for 29.x(x-1). Guess that one business day response time did us in since we mostly tried on Friday or later.
But, as I said before they KNEW the price was $9.99, because DDD told me it was a misprice on mediaplay's part!
Old 11-19-02, 12:16 AM

They can't really PM it at 9.99 since it was a weekly special. It's like telling them to PM the Toys R Us Star wars 9.99 price.
Old 11-19-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bang4dabuc
They can't really PM it at 9.99 since it was a weekly special. It's like telling them to PM the Toys R Us Star wars 9.99 price.
Aren't all sale prices really a weekly special for that one week?
Old 11-19-02, 12:31 AM

And what is wrong with that? If the sale has a deadline, PM
should applied up to that deadline.
Old 11-19-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No way. As dvd-fanman said, most prices run week-to-week, and they change their prices all the time too. It's pretty obvious when they honor a pricematch--as the price just falls (aka Spiderman on release day, to $14.89 due to Best Buy's $14.99). Anyway, this was a legit online sale, and one that could have easily been matched, as long as you shot an email to DDD in time. I know it was in stock when I sent the email and I gave them more than enough time to get back to me.

And PM'ing the Star Wars price is not even comparable, since TRU had no ONLINE version of the offer--hence no pricematch possible.

If they don't want to honor it, fine, but really, let's not make excuses for DDD just because we like them. (Trust me, I like them too.)
Old 11-19-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Timelord
Hmmm...Misprice? There was an ad indicating that it was
$19.99 (before the discount) and $10 instant discount. If
you ordered it Friday (if mediaplay lame server let you) it was
$9.99
so was it priced at 9.99 or 19.99 and had a discount attached?
Old 11-19-02, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by strife
The ad show the price at $19.99 and said that it was before
the $10 discount. When you order it at the site, the total was
$9.99 This was Friday when their server sometime take the
order and sometime doesn't. They've changed the price
over the weekends (I don't know when)
Old 11-19-02, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by strife
Online price was listed as $9.99

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.