Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I hate to bring this up again....but the Disney Store

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-14-02, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am posting this here because I know alot of you used this code.

For those of you who placed orders with the disney store during the holiday code mix up, your order may still be able to be had. after sending off a new e-mail to them I recieved this new reply. I replied to this e-mail the same as the last.

HTH

Dear Mr. Jimerson,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the $15 Holiday Magic Card offer.

We have no record that you placed an order in the specific time frame in
September in which you would have received the Holiday gift card. We
can combine all of your orders (for available items only), and deduct
the $15 Holiday gift card from that order total. If that works for you,
please respond back, and we will take care of this for you.

Sincerely,

Disney catalog and DisneyStore.com
Guest Relations
Old 11-14-02, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

so they will combine my 6 orders and take off $15 instead of $90 wow what a deal!!! Screw The Mouse
Old 11-14-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not sure what the total of your orders are, but I'm assuming the amount exceeds the $65 requirement to have received the card in the first place?
Old 11-14-02, 04:21 PM

I recieved a phone call from them soon after posting this, the woman on the phone tried to get me to cancel the orders, and told me they would be canceled anyways, and told me I was not supposed to have the orders. Sounds like they are really trying anything to get people to not follow thru with this contract.

I have all my e-mails, plus screen shots and such. They just need to follow thru, I have spent at least $8000, on the mouse in the last year and a half, and this is what they do....not good buisness.

Troy
Old 11-14-02, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by TnK4God
I have spent at least $8000, on the mouse in the last year and a half, and this is what they do....not good buisness.
If you can spend 8G's in a year and a half then a $15 deal is not going to break you. I never seen so many people flip out because a deal did not work out for them. Lighten up buddy it's not the end of the world. The mouse will squash you so give up the fight.
Old 11-15-02, 01:18 AM

it is the whole ideal that is the problem, I never make a promise I do not follow thru on, nor do I expect others to do this. It is not good buisness practices. Also, 8000 is in refrence to all buisness, both from my store and personal.

A contract is a contract, does not matter if it is the mouse or the paperboy. You as the consumer are expecte to pay, and the buisness should be held accountable also.
Old 11-15-02, 01:21 AM

Also, I talked to one of thier higher ups, she said that Troy Wolverton with cnet did not talk to anyone at disney, and that the name he used was fictitios? Basicaly they said he lied about talking to anyone at disney. Wonder what his reply would be to that. I have the ID # of the person who made the claims, and would love to pass that along if he is around.
Old 11-15-02, 10:24 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TnK4God
Also, I talked to one of thier higher ups, she said that Troy Wolverton with cnet did not talk to anyone at disney, and that the name he used was fictitios? Basicaly they said he lied about talking to anyone at disney. Wonder what his reply would be to that. I have the ID # of the person who made the claims, and would love to pass that along if he is around.
Fictitious? Haha, that's a good one! If so, they sure use that fictitious name a lot. I saw a post on another site that had links to about 10 different news article where the fictitious person was quoted as their spokesperson.

Here's a link to page 40 of the FW thread that has the links quoting the fictitious spokesperson. (Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the links.)

Last edited by Jim; 11-15-02 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-15-02, 03:43 PM

dvd's shipped

I actually had 2 of my 3 orders shipped out today. I sent an e-mail earlier this week asking what was going on with my stuff and I got a message back saying my dvd's would be sent out minus the lilo preorder. Today I checked and both movies had been sent and charged for the correct amount including the coupon.
Old 11-15-02, 05:10 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: dvd's shipped

Originally posted by wetcat
I actually had 2 of my 3 orders shipped out today. I sent an e-mail earlier this week asking what was going on with my stuff and I got a message back saying my dvd's would be sent out minus the lilo preorder. Today I checked and both movies had been sent and charged for the correct amount including the coupon.
I've sent 2 polite emails this week asking about my one order and I haven't got a response to either one. What email address did you send yours to, [email protected]?

Last edited by Jim; 11-15-02 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-15-02, 11:01 PM

Yes, I sent my mail to [email protected]. It was actually my second e-mail after I responded to the first generic one sent out. I quoted the article stating they would honor the coupons and got this as a response.

Thank you for your correspondence.

Your order has been released for shipment.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Sincerely,

DisneyStore.com
Old 11-17-02, 04:22 AM

when your orders get canceled do they say canceled on the account page?