Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix- Missing Titles

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix- Missing Titles

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-02, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netflix- Missing Titles

I am a Netflix user and think it's great, but sometimes there are movies that I know on DVD that they don't have. I sent in a request for the following:

1) Suspiria
2) Aguirre
3) Audition
4) Kind Hearts and Coronets

Anyone know if they actually look at these requests?
Old 09-30-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
They seem to do quite good with requests. I've actually been looking for Kind Hearts and Coronets myself. Sometimes with SEs of already-released discs or releases of catalog material, it takes a few weeks for them to get them in stock. Definitely doesn't hurt to e-mail.
Old 09-30-02, 12:10 PM

It sometimes takes them a while, but they'll eventually get what you're looking for. Right now I'm "urging" them to stock some Carl Theodor Dreyer films.
Old 09-30-02, 04:26 PM

I'll add Dog Soldiers to the list of titles to "urge" them to stock.
Old 09-30-02, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem I usually run into is they only stock the original release instead of a re-release SE.

And I still haven't found the catagory for Upcoming Releases.
Old 09-30-02, 06:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to Store Forum.
Old 09-30-02, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts
For a long time they wouldn't carry Anchor Bay titles, but they begun to correct that. They used to have a nice "upcoming release" section, but now, unfortunately, you have to look up titles individually. Also, there are just some titles they just don't carry "Best Seller" (MGM) and "The First Nudie Musical" (Image), for example.
Old 09-30-02, 08:24 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Re: Netflix- Missing Titles

Originally posted by dhs122

2) Aguirre
They already carry Aguirre. I have it in my Queue.

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60024225
Old 10-01-02, 10:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by DWilson
For a long time they wouldn't carry Anchor Bay titles, but they begun to correct that. They used to have a nice "upcoming release" section, but now, unfortunately, you have to look up titles individually. Also, there are just some titles they just don't carry "Best Seller" (MGM) and "The First Nudie Musical" (Image), for example.
Why is it that they don't carry "First Nudie Musical"? I really wanted to add that to my rental que.

I also couldn't seem to find the new Gremlins 2 SE.
Old 10-01-02, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts
I don't know why they don't carry "Nudie", - I rented it from "Number Slate", and its a very nice edition ("Slate" even sent the additional soundtrack disc, which was something of a surprise). Not knowing their inner workings, there are a few odd titles that are featured at other sites that they still list as "Upcoming" (which usually means "Not Released") or not at all. For example, "Everything Put Together" and "Rachel's Attic" are two titles that have been available for some time from "Slate" (and on the shelves of your local "Best Buy") but at Netflix they haven't been released yet. That' sort of thing is why I have rental accounts with two different companies . I originally took out the "NumberSlate" account when Netflix was at their worst (by my standards) a year or so ago; 'flix was slow shipping and recieving, and there were too many titles they were not carrying (Anchor Bay, most newer Criterion, and select Image titles). Netflix has improved greatly since then and I'm very satisfied with them. I do wish they'd change their policy on re-released "Special Editions" (they'll carry the old version, not the re-vamp), since their are so many of them, as well as the policy on multi-disc editions (its often easier on those to rent from Blockbuster, if possible)....

Last edited by DWilson; 10-01-02 at 08:46 PM.