Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon - how long is too long?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-02, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*cough*

I head over to the page to document my issues here, and this is what I get:

Your Recommendations
Basquiat
Amazon.com
In his writing and directorial debut, Julian Schnabel's film Basquiat depicts the life of graffiti artist Jean-Michel Basquiat, a.k.a. SAMO, and the turbulent period from the late 1970s to 1988, as... Read more
| (Why was I recommended this?)

hehehehe.

And now it looks like I don't have much to back up my claims - I made an order of 5 DVDs (and a GameCube) on the 26th of August and the DVDs still haven't shipped.

Here's what I ordered:

Margarita Happy Hour
Downtown 81
In The Bedroom
Sopranos 3rd Season
Code Unknown

Okay. Downtown 81 and Margarita Happy Hour, I can understand the delays - it appears Margarita Happy Hour has been pushed back about a month by the company putting it out. Downtown 81 had a release date back in August, but it supposedly keeps getting pushed back a week as well. Those two are now in their own order.

Meanwhile, I look today and find that the other 3 are grouped together and marked "shipping soon" - through my convos with customer service, they've also been upgraded from super saver to standard shipping. Yow. Of course, now I've spent enough money that when they ship it's gonna torque off my bank (Wamu and their damn 2 day holds), but that's beside the point.

The point is that the DVDs will ship out tomorrow - 2 WEEKS after I ordered them. Does anyone else find this a bit much, super saver shipping or no?
Old 09-08-02, 06:28 PM
Banned

This thread sounds like it belongs in the store forum. I too wonder with some of my DVD's I've ordered with the free shipping.
Old 09-09-02, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered "What Time is it There?" a few days before release date, along with a couple of titles which had a 3 - 5 day shipping timeframe. The other 2 kept getting delayed to about 2 weeks, and it took "What Time" nearly 3 weeks to get out the door, and I've still not received it. I think with the more "obscure" titles, this SuperSaver Shipping business REALLY is slow.

On the other hand, "Sopranos Season Three" came right on time. I think I'm going to use SuperSaver only for non-rush items and mainstream titles.
Old 09-12-02, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my brother ordered the course of nature cd 8 days ago and still nothing.